Episode 268

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
but perhaps the rampant evil and destruction brought about by the Daka creates a mass of 'bad karma,'
The karma fire could be there for many reasons. The souls seen in 267 look similar to those Kushans hung in episode 245, to me. Personally, I think the inhabitants of Vritannis brought this Karma fire on themselves, but someone (Daiba) is channeling the Karma fire.

I have a strong feeling 268 will clear up all this vagueness though, and make asses of all of us.

As for "using" this on God Hand, I think that's a little over-reaching, considering they don't exist in the physical realm.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Personally, I think the inhabitants of Vritannis brought this Karma fire on themselves, but someone (Daiba) is channeling the Karma fire.

Schierke says that the Karma Fire is there "in order to burn down enemies, the city and humans, this is put into human hands," which very much supports your idea. Since Daiba is reasoned to be a human and not an Apostle, the "human hands" the fire has been put into could be his. It's pretty sweet that Schierke can actually manipulate the same elemental that someone else might be using. I'm assuming that this is all due to the elementals being neutral.

Walter said:
I have a strong feeling 268 will clear up all this vagueness though, and make asses of all of us.

I agree. It's tough speculating on something we haven't even seen yet. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Maybe the karma fire wheel has something to do with the strong demonic presence of so many of the Daka.

I don't think it does, it's just the destruction, battles, deaths, etc. It relates to humans in general, it's not specific to the Daka.

Walter said:
The karma fire could be there for many reasons. The souls seen in 267 look similar to those Kushans hung in episode 245, to me. Personally, I think the inhabitants of Vritannis brought this Karma fire on themselves

Yes, it's not a coincidence they look similar, and Schierke pretty much made it clear that humans were responsible for the whole thing. However, it means humans in general, not just one person.

Walter said:
As for "using" this on God Hand, I think that's a little over-reaching, considering they don't exist in the physical realm.

The God Hand is out of that spirit's league anyway. Their evil is beyond battles and agony.

Rhombaad said:
Since Daiba is reasoned to be a human and not an Apostle, the "human hands" the fire has been put into could be his.

That's not a good interpretation. What she says refer to humans in general here like I said. The spirit is akin to karma fire and battlefields, so its presence in Vritannis isn't surprising, it wasn't necessarily brought there by someone (I'm not sure that'd be possible anyway). That's not to say Daiba definitely isn't responsible in a way or another, but it doesn't seem to be the case with this spirit for now.

CnC

Ad Oculos
As Aaz pointed out to me, the "emphasis" that I pointed out on how Isidro was tiring is more likely a panel of him stating there are a lot of daka, rather than a point of weakness on his character. So nix that one.
If anything, the fact that he had to be saved would be more likely used as a challenge to his character.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
why Daiba should kill his own men when they are winning? It is possible however that behind the karma fire wheel there is someone on Griffith side. A good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
If anything, the fact that he had to be saved would be more likely used as a challenge to his character.

Yeah, the fact he couldn't retreat because of Schierke's condition shouldn't be that big of a deal in regard to his ego IMHO (nothing like what happened in Enoch), however since he had to withdraw in the first place it might be used as a motive for self-improvement later on.

roberto999 said:
why Daiba should kill his own men when they are winning? It is possible however that behind the karma fire wheel there is someone on Griffith side.

Schierke is the one that ordered the spirit to kill the Daka. Not Daiba, not Griffith.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Yeah, the fact he couldn't retreat because Schierke was blocking the alleyway shouldn't be that big of a deal in regard to his ego IMHO (nothing like what happened in Enoch), however since he had to withdraw in the first place it might be used as a motive for self-improvement later on.

Yeah, I don't think he'll be too bummed if the circumstances were such that he had to be saved. This will just motivate him more and cause him to raise the difficulty of his training in order to get that much closer to his goal.

First post sorry but it is for a good cause. Anyway I would like to says that I like your guys site, all the stuff here is very insightful.

To the case at hand, why did Miura change the image of the fire spirit? here are some pics:

Ihaveseenthisbefore.jpg

the new one

FireSpiritcopy.jpg

the old one

This is the first case I have seen where he has changed an Image...weird.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to SK.net sandman, I'm glad to know you like the site. :serpico: You're confused in regard to the wheel, it has nothing to do with the elemental king associated with fire. They're completely different entities, just like the Lady of the Depths has nothing to do with the elemental king of water. It's like comparing an apostle to a member of the God Hand (well, the difference in power might not be the same, but you get the idea).

Sorry if this is rude...but why isn't the chapter up yet? It just seems rather odd; from what I've seen over the past 10 chapters the raw is usually posted here a day before the projected release date. It was supposed to come out January 27 and it's presently the 30th...Was the issue delayed?

Not to sound ungrateful; I'm just curious...OCD nature.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
You made Judaeu cry.. :judo:

Seriously though, next time you wanna ask something like that just ask 'was the issue delayed or something?' and leave out the 'where's the free Berserk at huh' part, we're touchy about that...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
Sorry if this is rude...but why isn't the chapter up yet?
We've been in the Chapter of Falconia for several episodes now. Now, what were you asking? :badbone:
It just seems rather odd; from what I've seen over the past 10 chapters the raw is usually posted here a day before the projected release date. It was supposed to come out January 27 and it's presently the 30th...Was the issue delayed?
If you'd been living off welfare the past few years, and the government cut you off after the three year limit, would you write a letter asking them WTF DUDE?! That's sort of the relationship we have with scans and asking for them. If they show up, then great. If they don't, well, we really didn't deserve them anyway, did we?

Anyone can always do something proactive about the problem, such as buying a subscription to Young Animal themselves and sharing it. We'd be grateful, for, as you can see, WE HAWNGRY! :carcus: But as is the nature of many things, the pattern won't change until a "crisis."

Walter said:
We've been in the Chapter of Falconia for several episodes now. Now, what were you asking? :badbone:If you'd been living off welfare the past few years, and the government cut you off after the three year limit, would you write a letter asking them WTF DUDE?! That's sort of the relationship we have with scans and asking for them. If they show up, then great. If they don't, well, we really didn't deserve them anyway, did we?

Anyone can always do something proactive about the problem, such as buying a subscription to Young Animal themselves and sharing it. We'd be grateful, for, as you can see, WE HAWNGRY! :carcus: But as is the nature of many things, the pattern won't change until a "crisis."

I didn't say WTF DUDE?!. I just asked what was going on as an irregularity had occured in the standard pattern.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
I didn't say WTF DUDE?!. I just asked what was going on as an irregularity had occured in the standard pattern.
It was just a metaphor... And in this situation, regardless of what you may think, you are indeed that "WTF DUDE?!" guy. :SK:

To precipitate further questioning in this manner, no I do not think this guy's actually on welfare.

The episode will come (as always) when it comes, if it comes at all. I'd like to stress to everyone here, most anyone can obtain a subscription of YA. Read the encyclopedia's info section.

Further posts regarding this subject won't be kept. Any direct questions should be sent to Aaz or myself via PMs.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Ahhhh it all makes sense now... well hell I may as well say this.

I will be moving to Mainland Japan on feb 20th. With this, YA will be more available since while here in Okinawa, I have to wait 3 god damn days for it to get here, so with this, I may do the whole YA scanning again :guts:

Can't promise it all the time but I will try my best! :casca:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Bleak Harvest said:
Awesome dude. Hope the move goes well! :badbone:
Heya man! Well from recent pic's it looks like you made it to the states! :guts: Hope you and the women are good!

But about the recent episode, I think it goes with out saying that Gut's and Co, have gotten someones attention wether they be shown or not. Just looking forward to a climax to this portion of the story!

CnC

Ad Oculos
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Can't promise it all the time but I will try my best! :casca:

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let me assure you :casca:
And, yes, good luck on the move. Personally, I hate moving... :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Ahhhh it all makes sense now... well hell I may as well say this.

I will be moving to Mainland Japan on feb 20th. With this, YA will be more available since while here in Okinawa, I have to wait 3 god damn days for it to get here, so with this, I may do the whole YA scanning again  :guts:

Can't promise it all the time but I will try my best!   :casca:

Best of luck with the move! I, along with everyone else here, would be very grateful if you were generous enough to provide scans (but you certainly don't have to :serpico:).

Top Bottom