Episode 268

Aazealh said:
Yes, it's Bruce Lee, and on the right it looks like he's just sneaking away before the "disaster", his look is generic for that kind of stuff in Japan. It's also not the first time he takes this appearance.

Thanks for explaining, one more... what about the one on the bottom of that page? is he just surprised? :schierke:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
2000m.jpg

We've seen Puck as Bruce Lee before :puck: But, I really like his hair in 268​

Weird question but in the first few pages it looks like Guts is breathing pretty hard for a few moments. I know the Berserk's armor nullify's pain and such, but does it also spare someone from things like fatigue?

Well, he's breathing hard because he hasn't been using the berserk armor to its full extent. As far as I can tell, it's just like a normal suit of armor while it's like this. (With the exception of helping to ward off Guts's astral wound and probably some other side effects that I don't know about, now that I think about it.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
Weird question but in the first few pages it looks like Guts is breathing pretty hard for a few moments. I know the Berserk's armor nullify's pain and such, but does it also spare someone from things like fatigue?

Yeah, mangling a few dozens Daka and having to struggle against the armor doesn't seem to be the easiest thing to do. :guts: To answer your question, we just know that the armor cloaks the wearer's pain and fear, fatigue wasn't mentioned. So I'd assume it doesn't affect it, at least not until he completely abandons himself to its Od.

Ariyn said:
As far as I can tell, it's just like a normal suit of armor while it's like this. (With the exception of helping to ward off Guts's astral wound and probably some other side effects that I don't know about, now that I think about it.)

Nope, the armor's effects are active even when Guts wears it like that (both positive and negative effects), they're just not as strong as when he's fighting without restraints. It also doesn't ward off his astral wounds, on the contrary the wounds are what triggers the Beast when he fights. The talisman Flora carved inside protects him from specters and incubi though.

Oh, I could swear I read on here some time in the past week that I've been lurking that the armor warded it off or something. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.

[EDIT]: After a little more thinking, I realise that I've been bunching up a lot of the effects of the talisman in with what the armor does. My mistake.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ariyn said:
Oh, I could swear I read on here some time in the past week that I've been lurking that the armor warded it off or something.

Well, the armor dulls the pain of the wound (like it does with normal wounds), it's the reason Guts could travel like he did. Remember how he was when he came back to Flora's mansion from Enoch, he even fell down face first into the ground because of it. However, removing pain is all it does and it's not like warding it off.

PS: Before anybody asks, the announcement on the last page of the episode just says "to be continued". There's no date, so it should be published in the next YA, as usual when no specific date is announced. That means the next episode will most probably come out on February 10.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
It's a great episode.

Guts & co hadn't gone unnoticed (Guts never) in the party and with the soldiers. But now, Schierke has shown her powerful skills :schierke:. And maybe she has changed the battle.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Great episode, as usual. I love the shot of Guts on page 7 and would love it if someone would be kind enough to color it. I also really like the shot with Schierke's eyes mimicking the wheel. The episode was well worth the wait! Glad to hear that another one is due next week, too! :serpico:

EDIT: I'm a little confused, but did the Blaze Rod above Schierke possess the flaming wheel she saw behind the daka and then burn them to a crisp? I'm assuming so because after the wheel winds down it looks like the wooden wheel Schierke was so intent upon. Sorry if this is a dumb question. :beast:

Rhombaad said:
Glad to hear that another one is due next week, too! :serpico:
Hurhgh huh what?!?!?! AWESOME.

And for a minute i was confused too about the wooden wheel and the Blaze Rod. Then i read a few more times and got it

Lots of nice character shots in this episode. That image of bloody Guts on page 7 reminded me of him going berserk on the beach back in volume 28. And for some reason, I really like the reaction shot the group has of Schierke's control of the Karma Fire on page 11. Ditto for "Kung Fu" Schierke on page 16. And a very cute way to end it too; Guts being the first person see shes when she comes around. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I'm a little confused, but did the Blaze Rod above Schierke possess the flaming wheel she saw behind the daka and then burn them to a crisp?

Yes, that's what happens. You can see Schierke making circular motions with her wand in the wooden wheel's direction before it gets down, too.

CnC

Ad Oculos
GoHF said:
Guts' teeth are chipped. just awesome. 99% other mangas don't even draw teeth, and the ones that do always draw them perfect. Like anyone fighting and chewing bones all the time would have perfect teeth.

I don't think they're chipped, he's always had sharper than most canine teeth. It just only recently makes more sense (from a physical standpoint).

GoHF

I'm a llama!
CnC said:
I don't think they're chipped, he's always had sharper than most canine teeth.  It just only recently makes more sense (from a physical standpoint).

I was actually refering to his top central/lateral teeth, not his canines. You can see in one shot that they are kinda ragged on the edge. That's what I meant =)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
GoHF said:
I was actually refering to his top central/lateral teeth, not his canines. You can see in one shot that they are kinda ragged on the edge. That's what I meant =)

Pretty sure it's miura's attempt at photorealism. Everyone's teeth have ridges on the cutting edges.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Wereallmad said:
Pretty sure it's miura's attempt at photorealism. Everyone's teeth have ridges on the cutting edges.

Humans are frugivores so we have sharp tearing ridges along our pre-molars.

BTW, I love your avatar Griffith No More... but tell me, why did you draw a parrellel between Guts and Jack Twist who was the uke in the film? ;) I suppose Griffith *is* more dominant...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Jhot obs said:
And a very cute way to end it too; Guts being the first person see shes when she comes around.

And check out this cool visual parallel:

wake1.jpg
wake2.jpg

You can already see the "family" resemblence. Also, when they're lined up like this, it looks like they're in bed together...

:schierke: *le sigh*​

QUeeN typhonblue said:
BTW, I love your avatar Griffith No More... but tell me, why did you draw a parrellel between Guts and Jack Twist who was the uke in the film? ;) I suppose Griffith *is* more dominant...

Why thank you, and to answer your question, because if I was casting the perfect Bersek movie, naturally, I'd have Heath Ledger as Griffith and Jake Gyllemegillamaghaal as Guts. Best movie ever, right guys?

Oh, and don't think my avatar means I'm some kind of furgivore or something; I'm all man, and all about the ladies, baby! :carcus:

Top Bottom