Berserk Fighting Game ?

D

DemiAngel

I may sound a bit naive, but iam amazed by the fact that there isn't any fighting games for berserk, i know some great dojin fighting games that have prove to be very good if you compare it to the current commercial ones ( Eternal Fighter Zero, Melty Blood .. etc ).

My point here is that if there was a fighting game for berserk, how should it be ?? :badbone:

There are 2 already I believe. One came out on Dreamcast a while back then another on PS2. There are several threads about it already. 

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3824.0

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3685.0

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=5379.0

Never played them personally, not a console fan. Trailer didn't look though and the opening music to the PS2 one is one of my favourite songs.

CnC

Ad Oculos
well, those aren't really "fighting games" just games with fighting in it.

This is, of course, by "fighting game" you mean games along the same line as Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc.
In which case, I don't think it'd be much of a fighting game.

"Guts wins! Again!"
"Hax!"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemiAngel said:
My point here is that if there was a fighting game for berserk, how should it be ?? :badbone:

Well Berserk doesn't lend itself too well to fighting games like CnC said, and while having fights between Grunberd and Zodd would be fun I'm not sure it could be done realistically (including everything, lifebars, the moves, etc) and in concordance with the series.

That's not to say I never thought about it because I actually did, but I think it'd be quite complicated to put together something decent.

Sparnage said:
Oh... that kind of fighting game. Isn't that style of gameplay out of date yet?

Uhh, not that I know. It's always been pretty popular, no reason for this to change.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yeah, like stated before it would probably lean too much in Guts's favor. He is Guts, after all! :troll:

It would be sort of neat to see it, though. If some game company was to make a Berserk fighting game, what do you guys think it would look like? Would you want it to be cel shaded (ala Dragon Ball Z: Budokai) or more realistic looking such as Soul Caliber 2/3?

CnC

Ad Oculos
IsolatioN said:
It would be sort of neat to see it, though. If some game company was to make a Berserk fighting game, what do you guys think it would look like? Would you want it to be cel shaded (ala Dragon Ball Z: Budokai) or more realistic looking such as Soul Caliber 2/3?

Well, I don't think Soul Calibur is all that "realistic" looking, but cell-shading wouldn't really work in a berserk game. The manga is pretty realistically rendered.
But I still stand by the idea that berserk really wouldn't work as a fighting game. It really isn't the type of series that lends itself to characters having power levels, etc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
Would you want it to be cel shaded (ala Dragon Ball Z: Budokai) or more realistic looking such as Soul Caliber 2/3?

Ugh no, not cell-shaded please. I wouldn't like a 3D fighting game either if it had to be made, I'd prefer some classic 2D.

CnC said:
It really isn't the type of series that lends itself to characters having power levels, etc.

Yeah, really not. What would be Zodd's combo breaker? :schierke:

Aazealh said:
That's not to say I never thought about it because I actually did, but I think it'd be quite complicated to put together something decent.
Ah, no way.
I've got an animator, we could totally do a professional quality fighting game in, like, a month!

It would have to be Flash though....

CnC

Ad Oculos
Slightly Green said:
Ah, no way.
I've got an animator, we could totally do a professional quality fighting game in, like, a month!

Why would it take so long? don't you have a script written already?

Top Bottom