the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize

puella

Berserk forever
berserk is nominated for the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize
check it here
http://japanweb.lycos.co.kr/cgi-bin/unisoft_tg.cgi?URLNAME=www.asahi.com/tezuka/

I do hope

Statue.jpg
------>
miura.jpg

berserk is nominated for the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize
That's not exactly the first time though...

The series got the 4rd place last year, and the 3rd one the year before that. I seem to remember it did very well before that as well.
But you need to be 1st or 2nd to get a prize... ^_^;

Berserk _could_ get a prize this year...
I don't think that shônen manga like "Hikaru no Go" or "One Piece" will get a prize... A _special_ prize, maybe, but...
"The World is Mine" got good scores the previous years, but was still behind Berserk... But it looks like the series ended last year, so it could very well get more points this year.
I don't know Shimizu's "Top Secret"...
I'd say the main rival will probably be "Vagabond".

In my opinion, "The World is Mine" is a wildcard and _could_ get a prize because the series is now over, but among the currently running series, "Vagabond" and "Berserk" will probably be first (in that order ^^; )...

We'll see...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I'd say the main rival will probably be "Vagabond".

We'll see...

I think you're right, as always. Vagabond is quite similiar to Berserk in SOME ways (both main characters wreck havoc). Not that it has to do with anything.
How does Ikegami rate on this events? Strain and other mangas he made, like Sanctuary, had they any success?
I found them pretty quality reads.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I think you're right, as always. Vagabond is quite similiar to Berserk in SOME ways (both main characters wreck havoc).
The "main character that wreak havoc" is Miyamoto Musashi and since the manga is from the novel "Musashi"of Eiji Yoshikawa (popular like "Gone with Wind" in Japan) the competition is tough indeed for Berserk. We will see.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The "main character that wreak havoc" is Miyamoto Musashi and since the manga is from the novel "Musashi"of Eiji Yoshikawa (popular like "Gone with Wind" in Japan) the competition is tough indeed for Berserk. We will see.
I really wonder how much longer Inoue will continue with Vagabond. I have the first 10 volumes, and I can summarize it in about one sentence: "Not much happens."

(cant wait to get flamed for this one...)

Dont get me wrong, Im a huge Inoue fan, and I love his art, but I really must be missing the point on this manga... It just doesnt appeal to me at all.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
however is this the very first prize berserk has got or is nominated for... ???

however is this the very first prize berserk has got or is nominated for... ???
It's the first time Berserk gets the Tezuka Prize, but it's not the first time it's nominated (as I said in a previous message ^^; ).

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
It's the first time Berserk gets the Tezuka Prize,
cool!so that is a big succes,is it?
but it's not the first time it's nominated (as I said in a previous message ^^; ).
yeah,but have there been any other prizes or awards that berserk was nominated for?

The winners
img.php3

(Inoue is on the left and Miura on the right)

The results:
1) Vagabond
2) Berserk
3) Hikaru no Go
4) The World is Mine
5) Himitsu -Top Secret-
6) One Piece​

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
what's the story of vagabond, olivier? i remember you mentioned the manga once in a "best manga ever" thread. have you read it?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
It's the (well... "a version of the" ^^ ) story of Miyamoto Musashi, a legendary swordsman.
is it being translated in either english, german or french?
do you like it as much as you like berserk?

(I never noticed your sig ^^; )
oh yeah, that one's pretty new. glad you noticed it, because you know
...i'm most proud to can say that of mine, dears...    ;)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Well, it's not really the same kind of series... ^^;

how should i understand this? do you like it? is it worth the money? 'Cause I am currently trying to figure out which other manga would work best for me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
WOW. The first Miura picture I've ever seen (outside the crappy ones in the Art Book). WOW that made my day. And Takehiko Inoue is in there too! Kick ass, my two favorite Manga artists side by side... What a day!

Vagabond is okay in my opinion. The art is amazing though. I have vols 1-10.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Well, it's different. ^^;
yeah, sure. i mean, i did understand that it's _different_. what i'd be interested in is _how_ it is different. does it have that depth that berserk has?
is it likely to appeal to me, if i like berserk?

yeah, sure. i mean, i did understand that it's _different_. what i'd be interested in is _how_ it is different. does it have that depth that berserk has?
is it likely to appeal to me, if i like berserk?

get it.

Top Bottom