Berserk DVD plain VS boxed

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
What kind of nifty special things are supposed to come with the special boxed version of Berserk that's being released in the US? I'm kind of hoping for an info booklet, a poster, a t-shirt, a cd, a manga volume... *something* that's worth the $15 retail price boost. If I'm paying $40+ for a DVD instead of $25+, I'm expecting something more than a prettier box.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
From what I could see, there is nothing more than  a fancy Box. I ordered mine, and I am regretting paying £29, but then again, it's Berserk... so I will live with it until it arrives :). Unless anyone else got any info? The best I can do is provide a screen shot.
bkdvd6000.jpg
....lovely isn't it?

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Yes, it looks great, thanks for the pic.

But what's the point?  I can only assume they give you the big box in order to hold all six DVDs as they come out... so people won't have to wait for a "boxed set".

Still... all that extra space seems such a waste... I hope they fill it up with *something*.  Even if it's just to keep it from bending in or puncturing during shipping. ^^;

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I hope it does come with a poster, it will take pride of place, and Karen McDougal will just get moved somewhere at the end of my room! I am really excited bout it!...

^_^ BOX OF WAR BABY! ;D :D :) :p 8).... just too long to wait :'(

Here's the pic of the poster.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/htmlemail/berserk_poster.jpg

Griffith really doesn't look right.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the pic of the poster.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/htmlemail/berserk_poster.jpg

Griffith really doesn't look right.
??? Youve never seen that picture before?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Who drew that?
The character designer for Kenpuu Denki Berserk. His name is in that pic... if you look close enough. Too lazy to transcribe it here.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
eww....I'd rather see them take manga clips and stick it on the commercial than those irrelative drawings...

Ironhorse

Death comes to us all.  How and when is my choice
Yes, it looks great, thanks for the pic.

But what's the point?  I can only assume they give you the big box in order to hold all six DVDs as they come out... so people won't have to wait for a "boxed set".

Still... all that extra space seems such a waste... I hope they fill it up with *something*.  Even if it's just to keep it from bending in or puncturing during shipping. ^^;

Well the box actually opens up so it isn't your typical dvd box.  Each wall once it opens has some nice artwork as well.  After the entire series has been released on disc I would say its safe to say they would release a box set like most other series out there do.  And of course the box set will be uber cheap :eek:.  Like 2 months ago I bought the Neon Geneses Evangelion box set for 99 dollars.  I was going to buy the Limited Edition metal box but was short on cash.  I wonder if you can still order seeing how only a few thousand were originally going to be made :(  Probably not.  

berserkopeninterior.jpg

berserkclosedfront.jpg

I think its well worth the money if you compare it to other boxes for dvds.

And does anyone know if this box is going to be a limited edition?  I own the cowboy bebop boxset and its great because they sell for like 200+ now :D.  The CB box was also unique in its design simular to Berserks.

Oh yeah. I ordered my box + disc 1 for 30 dollars :D.

Top Bottom