PC Gaming

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hey guys. Just wondering what PC games everyone out there plays? I play a large variety, but usually I enjoy FPS's, RTS's and some RPG's. I play Far Cry, Half-Life 2, Counter Strike: Source and F.E.A.R allot for FPS's. RTS's I tend to play Dawn of War and Warcraft3, but sometimes I go "old skool" and play Age of Empires 2 and Starcraft :) Im picky when it comes to RPG's on the PC, but the ones I play the most are Diablo2 and Guild Wars.

So, maybe if enough people play the same game we can have a sk.net Multiplayer bash? :guts:

Sweet, I also play Guild Wars. All my other guild members haven't played in the last 4 months :judo:....

I usually only play RTS's on the PC, such as Dawn of War, Warcraft, Age of Empires, or Homeworld 2. The only RPGs I have played are Baldur's Gate II and Neverwinter Nights (no, I don't count Guild Wars). Awesome games.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I'd like to mention Total Annihilation and Planescape: Torment. Though the latter is single-player.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
yota821 said:
Sweet, I also play Guild Wars. All my other guild members haven't played in the last 4 months :judo:....

I usually only play RTS's on the PC, such as Dawn of War, Warcraft, Age of Empires, or Homeworld 2. The only RPGs I have played are Baldur's Gate II and Neverwinter Nights (no, I don't count Guild Wars). Awesome games.

Neat! You play PVP or RP? I've only really played RP so far. We should meet up some time and go partying together :)

and yeah cant forget Total Annihilation! That game consumed my life way back when.. I lost my CD though :( I never got into Baldurs Gate/Plane Scape/Icewind Dale, not because they aren't good games (they are amazing games) but they just never hooked me, lol.

I play a little bit of both. I haven't RPed in a while since I have a lousy connection, and parties tend to get pretty pissed when you suddenly disconnect in the middle of a mission :troll:. So it's mostly PvP for me now. Need to start collecting faction before that expansion comes out!! :guts:

I don't do very much active PC gaming, anymore. I do end up playing whenever my friends poke me into it. We usually play anything co-op we can get on hand (usually FPS). We tend to keep to the older cheap games because...well we're broke. :troll:

Kagami said:
Counter-Strike and DOOM3. :troll:

DOOM3 is a really sweet game, sooooo creepy. All FPS fans should give it a go.

I too, enjoyed DOOM3, although I admit it was rather repetitious. The expansion pack kicks major ass though. But if you're gonna play one FPS this year, play Quake 4, especially Quake 2 fans.. That game is so sweet in many ways.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I have to admit, Doom3 jumped me a fair amount of times. I just grew tired of the design of trying to scare you around EVERY single corner.. you became able to predict where a creature would pop out. But the atmoshpere was excellent. F.E.A.R jumped me allot more, but thats because I'm more of a spook for the paranormal then for the scary creatures though. One of my friend says that Resurrection of Evil is totally awesome though.

I would LOVE to play World of Warcraft, but I'm wayyy too cheap to pump out 15 bucks a month.. I'm just too lazy to really get my money's worth :p

For awhile I was a "hardcore 1337" Quake-3 player, but I hung up my Rail gun a few years ago. Now i can't find my CD :( Quake4 looks pretty nice though.

The Resident Evil games didnt scare me at all. And Resident Evil 4.... well that just changed from a survival horror to what seemed like an arcade zombie shootout.

If you want scary, go for the Silent Hill games.

I was totally horrified by the Resident Evil games (let alone other games such as Silent Hill, Siren, , F.E.A.R, etc.).

My little brother, on the other hand, was completely unfazed by such games to the point where I believed he had no sense of fear. Of course he's not exactly the brightest person in the world, so he probably doesn't get the fact that you're SUPPOSED to feel creepy in any of these games. :schierke:

The game I've been playing recently is fear. Been playing that for the last 3 or so months, just can't be fucked playing it regularly at all.
Used to play games all the time, finished Quake 3 on nightmare. I guess I just lost the will to play. Perhaps the half life 2 mod will make things more interesting, I did enjoy that.

Kagami

Goo!
IsolatioN said:
For awhile I was a "hardcore 1337" Quake-3 player, but I hung up my Rail gun a few years ago. Now i can't find my CD :( Quake4 looks pretty nice though.

Haha, me too man... but the entire thing of CPL and all that stuff made me think, "Is this really something I wana be known for?" so I stuck to music :)

DoD is an excellent game as well, just got back into it today.

CnC

Ad Oculos
IsolatioN said:

Same. Q3 was prob. the last game I played pretty intensely. School/work and the fact that accuracy with a railgun wasn't something I could put on a resume got in the way.

Still a casual gamer, enjoyed HL2 recently. There need to be more games like that.
Currently, the fact that I need to upgrade my PC is preventing me from getting any of the recent games.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yeah upgrades can be killer.. It's really annoying how you could buy absolute top-of-the-line parts and after 6 months they aren't the "best" anymore. I'll probably have to upgrade this old bird in the near future some more :)

I agree. I wish more games were on the same quality scale as HL2. I found the atmosphere to be the game's strongest point (allthough there is no denying the coolness of the physics!)

D

darkbane

Right now I'm playing Dynasty Warriors 4, Gothic, Call to Power 2, FreeSpace, Blood Omen 2, Morrowind, GTA:SA, Throne of Darkness, and Demon Stone. Most don't have multiplayer components though.

Top Bottom