Completely new to the series, need advice.

Nth

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hi, I'm completely new to the Berserk series and all I know about it is what I have read on webpages, although my first exposure was to one of the first episodes a friend of mine had downloaded off the net.

Unfortunately it was completely Japanese without subtitles.

I had recently been browsing some anime retailer sites and have found a couple sites selling a Berserk set with the following info:

No. of Disc: Deluxe Collector 3 DVD Box Set
Episodes: 1 - 25
Run Time: About 10 hours and 10 minutes
Region Code: All Region Codes; NTSC
Dialogue: Japanese
Subtitles: Selectable English or Chinese or No Subtitle
Retail: $70 US

My question is has anyone seen this set before and to someone who is looking to get the entire series (currently available) would it warrant purchasing?

I have seen other sites selling Episodes 1-5 and 1-9, but I'd really like to get the series in one swoop rather then going through the hassle of repeatedly ordering online via money order (I'm Canadian).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You could search around for the HK dvd's that are sold im mass quantities on Ebay. Those typically run about $25-30 US.

If you ask me though, I'd get the official US DVD's. That's what Im doing. I dont trust the quality of HK DVD's. Several others here on the board have had good experince with them though, so perhaps you'll hear some of their opinions too.

CnC

Ad Oculos
just wondering if this was covered elsewhere... but what kinda of extras are on the US Berserk dvds? any?

BOB

poruno sutâ
I got the box at www.ehohk.com
was some very friendly guy and i got the set in no time. problem was the delivery. The set contains of three DVDs and two of them got loose during the transport and so they had some scratches that not every DVD player liked. a friend of mine ordered record of lodoss war there and sent several e-mails to him, asking him to take out the DVDs and put them into little plastic bags.
This time everything worked fine.
But beware no english talking good asia guys hehehe. have nice day hehehe

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
just wondering if this was covered elsewhere... but what kinda of extras are on the US Berserk dvds? any?
The extras include an art gallery that has a good portion of the LD covers, a character sketch gallery, which has a few pics from the big ass Berserk anime book, and outtakes. The outtakes are by far the most welcome extras. Its fuckups of the dub done when recording, and a few of them are blatantly hilarious.

Nth

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
When are the official US DVD's coming out?

Any recommendations on where to buy them?

The first disc is already out - Episodes 1-5. Next volume I think is due out at the end of July.
And the discs are excellent quality, but I've seen better transfers out of ADV and Bandai. Still, it's hard to notice unless you have a blatantly good setup.

Nth

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Great, thanks.

I think The Right Stuf has these listed and I will probably buy from them since I've bought anime in the past from them.

Can you tell me how many DVD's it will span when all 25 Episodes are completed?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
judging from the box set, and the fact that the next DVD is only 4 episodes, im gonna say 6 DVDs total:

Rod_Su

I might be crazier than you think.
Although the HK bootleg of Berserk that's floating around in Ebay is one of the few HK bootleg that actually have a servicable English sub, most of the bootleg don't.

Unless you speaks Japanese or read Chinese, you're getting a poke in a pig. You're putting your faith in someone whose English is suspect, and translating word per word from a Chinese script.

I'd suggest getting the Media Blaster R1 version as well. The R2 is long out of print (according to CDJapan). I personally find the dub to be good to excellent. And if you're a sub biggot, you can always switch the audio to Japanese and read the sub.

Nth

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Is the box set of 3 DVD's containing all episodes (1-25) the HK version everyone is talking about?

Top Bottom