Special Forces Topic, and you?

If you were forced to join a special force, what force would it be? And why?

• Total voters

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Navy SEALs for me, since they get the most expensive and best intelligence + most advanced weapons, even prototypes.

I've created this topic in interest to speak of the warriors that fight the fights to prevent larger wars from waging.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hey you wouldn't be alone! I'd also like to be in the SEAL's(of course, if I was military material..).

The russian KGB, while not one of the options, has always fascinated me. Even though it's now all but defunct.

Delta force is based on the SAS.
Green berets... are they even a special force? heh they might be special in the education department.
Navy seals didnt loads of them drown coz they were carrying to much equipment n were dropped in the wrong place?
SAS i shoulda prolly voted for the SAS coz im english.
SBS the SBS rock! hehe not to long ago their commander was shot dead in a training accident so i voted for them out of sympathy.
Spetznaz im not to sure if it was the spetz that stormed that russian cinema and school but whoever it was fucked up on both occasions.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Mu uncle is a Green Beret, they're part of the army, and yes, they are Special Forces, even though some of them don't like to be called Special Forces because they believe that they are their own type of force.

They have the Airborne patch to prove it as well, because every special forces has to have that patch in order to be a full fledged Special Forces. In order to get it, they all attend Airborne school with the U.S Army in the U.S.

zooty said:
Navy seals didnt loads of them drown coz they were carrying to much equipment n were dropped in the wrong place?

This didn't happen to just the Navy itself, but many of our branches during our experiences in war. This is why overweight people to a certain extent can't join the military or qualify for SF.

Well there are a lot of forces I could have added, but there would be way too many Special Forces for the U.S. I just typed out the top best, even though all SF units go through very hard and very intense training.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'm going to have to go with Spetznaz because of my hero from Metal Gear.
ocelot.jpg

"An ocelot never lets his prey escape."

I thought ocelot killed spetsnaz members in the game? :???: Ocelot himself was part of the GRU (the meaning escapes me at the moment) unit instead wasn't he?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
some of them don't like to be called Special Forces because they believe that they are their own type of force.

They're "special" because they're their own type of force, I think that's pretty much the point.

SlimJ87D said:
OK, let me clear things up. Ocelot posed as a Spetzs, but the whole time he was a CIA member.

Actually, he really was answering to the Patriots the whole time, behind all the fake GRU, CIA double agent shit.

Anyway, I'd be part of the French special forces of course. :guts:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Aazealh said:
They're "special" because they're their own type of force, I think that's pretty much the point.

I met for the Green Berets, They're a Special Forces unit, but some Green Berets don't like to be called Special Forces because they feel the need to keep out of the publics eye.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
I met for the Green Berets, They're a Special Forces unit, but some Green Berets don't like to be called Special Forces because they feel the need to keep out of the publics eye.

Yeah I know, I understand what you meant. I just wanted to say that originally, "Special Forces" were supposed to be kept out of the public's eye because they did stuff normal army corps wouldn't, that's part of why they've been called "special". :guts: But nowadays everything's a show, especially war, it's not the same context anymore.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Blah, well as this will just go into a military penis measuring contest, Marine Re-con > all Granted that is just the former marine in me, I suppose its hard to define which is better since most of them deal with different situations...

Some may be meant for more peace keeping/ helping instruct the local defence forces with training while others are meant for more... well specialized missions. :carcus:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Actually, he really was answering to the Patriots the whole time, behind all the fake GRU, CIA double agent shit.
SlimJ87D said:
OK, let me clear things up. Ocelot posed as a Spetzs, but the whole time he was a CIA member.
yota821 said:
I thought ocelot killed spetsnaz members in the game? :???: Ocelot himself was part of the GRU (the meaning escapes me at the moment) unit instead wasn't he?

Oops, sorry guys. For some reason I associate Ocelot with Spetznaz. :???:

Howl4me

My life is given to whom it does not belong...
It's hard to compare them, since there MOS' are all different along with there mission statements. But out of those, since CCT isn't there I would have to go with Delta. Just my 2 cents.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SlimJ87D said:
Mu uncle is a Green Beret, they're part of the army, and yes, they are Special Forces, even though some of them don't like to be called Special Forces because they believe that they are their own type of force.

That makes little sense to me. Green Berets are Special Forces. You don't get a Green Beret tab it's a Special Forces tab. Also you pretty much need to get an EIB, Ranger tab and an Airborne tab inorder to qualify for any urber army forces.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
That makes little sense to me. Green Berets are Special Forces. You don't get a Green Beret tab it's a Special Forces tab. Also you pretty much need to get an EIB, Ranger tab and an Airborne tab inorder to qualify for any urber army forces.
Heya man, hows the corn hole doing? How much longer do you have out there in the sandbox?

Everyone else is second to SAS. :puck:
I believe they were the first elite team to start traveling in groups of 4 or 5 behind enemy lines doing the dangerous shit. Usually come out safe after dangerous confidential missions, sounds good to me.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Rainbow Six > SAS

...oh wait, real SF groups, hehe. The SAS are pretty awesome though. Aren't they based out of Hereford England?

SlimJ87D

Apollo
The SAS are pretty successful in everything they do. The two most trained forces in the US is the Army's Delta Force and the Navy's DEVGRU, both modeled after the SAS in many ways. The biggest advantage they have over the SAS though is the equipment they use, the SEAL's DEVGRU and Delta getting to use the most advanced technology to man in war. I'm not sure if Delta force or DEVGRU does espionage since they're kept secret pretty well, but I bet they do. The SAS are said to do espionage.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Heya man, hows the corn hole doing? How much longer do you have out there in the sandbox?

Not to sure dude. But you know patrols and that shit kinda make things go fast. =\

Everyone else is second to SAS.
I believe they were the first elite team to start traveling in groups of 4 or 5 behind enemy lines doing the dangerous shit. Usually come out safe after dangerous confidential missions, sounds good to me.

Bah i don't see how it's a good idea to travel in 4 or 5 man squads. That's just bull shit. What are they going to do if they get in a fight and have to carry one of their guys to the LZ? Bull Shit. It takes two guys alone to carry one guy whoe's in full gear. Not knocking the SAS just that stupid 4 man squads because those fucking asses are all "hooah" about their stupid ideals and pride.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Not to sure dude. But you know patrols and that shit kinda make things go fast. =\

Bah i don't see how it's a good idea to travel in 4 or 5 man squads. That's just bull shit. What are they going to do if they get in a fight and have to carry one of their guys to the LZ? Bull Shit. It takes two guys alone to carry one guy whoe's in full gear. Not knocking the SAS just that stupid 4 man squads because those fucking asses are all "hooah" about their stupid ideals and pride.

For our troops, it's good to go in a 4 to 8 man squad, becaue we have rangers and marines to come in for extremely heavy support.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Wow, never would have expected such an ignorant reply.

SAS did not travel in small groups to be proud or cool, bob. The best of the best were chosen to do incredibly dangerous jobs in small groups so they could get around without being noticed before they do the damage. Because they travelled in such small groups they had to be great soldiers to be so effective.
They were revolutionary and had alot of success, even without much support at first and as Slim said inspired other special forces units after WW2.

Don't know why I'm even arguing this, I bet you wouldn't be arguing about it if they were American. ::)

Top Bottom