Episode 269

Thanks Bakou!
I didn't expect there would be so many Makara... And even less that Guts would take care of them all so quickly! :isidro:
Very nice Episode! Let's just hope Guts is not gonna tun on the others like the last time... And, I'm not sure of something, but it looked to me that he purposedly let the Beast take control?!?... :schierke:

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Not only does it look like he purposefully let the beast take over, against poopsie's wishes, but her soul can be seen in his right eye. Interesting.

Bakou said:
Its here and its piping hot
Thanks for the episode Bakou! :serpico:

Carrying the exhausted Schierke on Guts' back: Another touching moment in their father-daughter relationship. :guts: And Guts going berserk in his armor looks more refined to me. Pages 10-11 & 16 not only show Guts breezing through that many makaras, but how Miura's out does his previous illustrations of Guts' berserk state of mind.

And before anyone asks, episode 270 will be out March 10th.

By then I hope Schierke has a nice talk with Guts' beast; maybe even reason with it while she's inside Guts' head. Though I do wonder how she'll get back in her body when this crisis is resolved.

Wereallmad said:
her soul can be seen in his right eye.

It looks as if Schierke is talking directly to the Beast, just before it takes control of Guts. Like for asking it to be nice with Guts or something... And on page 8 (bottom right panel), it clearly looks as if a part of Schierke's mind was leaving her to go with Guts, and looking at her reaction, it doesn't seem to be "controlled" by her. I don't know what's behind that, but it for sure is intriguing! :SK:

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
asmer said:
It looks as if Schierke is talking directly to the Beast, just before it takes control of Guts. Like for asking it to be nice with Guts or something... And on page 8 (bottom right panel), it clearly looks as if a part of Schierke's mind was leaving her to go with Guts, and looking at her reaction, it doesn't seem to be "controlled" by her. I don't know what's behind that, but it for sure is intriguing! :SK:

Yeah, I noticed she seemed quite surprised. It was more like she was dragged inside, along with Guts before she knew what was happening. Regardless of weather it was deliberate or not, I suspect this development will allow Guts to see what's really in-front of him, so he wont mistake his allies for foes unlike last time.

Wereallmad said:
I suspect this development will allow Guts to see what's really in-front of him, so he wont mistake his allies for foes unlike last time.
Well I hope so, too. I would like to see Schierke speak with the Beast, like trying to reason it. That would be interesting I guess. (EDIT: I just saw that Jhot obs had the same idea, sorry I hadn't see the edited part of the Post... :guts:)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I'm happy. Some were waiting for Guts to get on the boat, I was waiting for him to get on the Beast. Great looking stuff, the big beast spread is an all-timer. :chomp:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I wonder what the beast is going to say?

:beast:: Listen Bitch, this is my show, shut the hell up and know your roll.
:schierke:: Oh no you didnt girlfriend

or something like that. Maybe the beast is tired of everying trying to hold him down!

Thanks bakou :guts:

I'm in error or the astral body of Schierke is inside the armor of the berserk? See the last image in the page 17...

PS: Achab Puck....

pakachabcap2693fy.jpg

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks Bakou.

Hmm, it looks like Schierke isn't a willing passenger on the beast. BUt Guts just carved up 3 makara in short order. He's a fucking Ginsu, baby. :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Excellent episode. Pages 10-11 have already worked their way up to my favourite double spread of this Chapter.... possibly the entire Arc. But it was great imagery all round. The picture of Guts standing on, what appears to be, the mast of a ship sent a small shiver down my spine.Great stuff, Bakou, thanks a lot!

As for what the frell's going on with Schierke -- it looks as if she was a little surprised when she was dragged out of her corpreal form by hanging on to the Berserk Armour. However, the resonance seems to be wavering, judging by page 17... it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Next Episode of Berserk: 70 Makara with Daka hanging off their side rush in to the harbour... riding Tiger Familiars!!!!!! See you on March 10th, folks :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
what a wonderful episode. The art in it was incredible.
The scene of Sheirke on Guts back trying to stop the beast was great. wow.

Awww. March?! :judo:
ah well.

Amazing episode! I knew the Beast would make an appearance, but adding Schierke to the mix I didn't see coming. :isidro: Alot of awesome pages in this one and as much as I liked the spreads in this episode, the panel of The Beast standing on the mast was breathtaking (IMO). March 10th...good things come to those who wait.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Really great episode! Thanks Bakou. March 10th isn't that far away, but after this development with Schierke, it sure feels like it is. :schierke: :chomp: Puck is getting too used to extreme danger, I think, what with his transforming into Ahab (I'm assuming that's who it's meant to be) while facing so many Makara. Evidently he felt the situation was well under control. :beast:

EDIT: As good as the page 10-11 spread is, I really like the shot of Guts landing with all the blood splashing around him on page 12. Since we have until March 10th, I expect several colorings of this episode's fantastic moments by then. :serpico:

D

darkbane

On page 5, the drawing on the gray area behind Guts talking looks like the image that was used when Flora described the behelit in volume 24. Coincidence?

Looks like the beast drawings are getting more....streamlined? It looks like his little zig zag eyes are being drawn much slimmer and his jaw is slimmer and pointier. Guts wouldn't even be able to see out of the little slits now. Yeah, I just looked at volume 26 picture, the eye slots are a bitchload slimmer now. Makes it look cooler, but kinda destroys the idea of functionality. And I wonder why I'm wasting time thinking about something like that........

Awesomeness anyway.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Could it be, that the ship on which mast the beast stands in the end of the episode, is the ship which the party will choose to escape?
Do you think that the fight was hard for guts and he has taken many hidden injuries?
It seemed very easy for him to beat the makaras...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
On page 5, the drawing on the gray area behind Guts talking looks like the image that was used when Flora described the behelit in volume 24. Coincidence?

Yes? It just represents some astral manifestation, I don't think it means anything in particular beyond that.

dwarfkicker said:
It seems like the art quality shot way up in this episode.

There are some great panels, but it seems to be the same awesome quality that it was in the past episodes to me...

Feanor said:
Could it be, that the ship on which mast the beast stands in the end of the episode, is the ship which the party will choose to escape?

It's burning and apparently sinking, so I doubt that. They're supposed to use Roderick's ship, they'll get to it eventually.

Feanor said:
Do you think that the fight was hard for guts and he has taken many hidden injuries?

It doesn't look like he was damaged at all.

Top Bottom