Episode 269

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I got that impression due to the fact it doesn't look like it's control him entirely, it's working for him, instead of against him. That and he didn't go flying down to chop up him some Magnifico when he was done dicing up the Makara.

But hey, I could be wrong. It's mostly speculation in here anyway :carcus:

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Bleak Harvest said:
I got that impression due to the fact it doesn't look like it's control him entirely, it's working for him, instead of against him. That and he didn't go flying down to chop up him some Magnifico when he was done dicing up the Makara.

But hey, I could be wrong. It's mostly speculation in here anyway :carcus:

I see nothing that supports your observation. While I myself suggested that Schierke being inside the beast was probably a plot device to make sure Guts didn't slice up his friends, there was nothing in this episode that suggested such a thing. Even after the makara and pishacha on the beach, he didn't immediately move to attack his allies.

Anyway, it's not speculation if you phrase it the way you did, it's just bunk.

Another point for seeming greater control would be the efficiency with with he killed these guys, whereas previously, when he went up against just one it almost overwhelmed him.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Mista_B said:
Another point for seeming greater control would be the efficiency with with he killed these guys, whereas previously, when he went up against just one it almost overwhelmed him.

The last time the beast fought a Makara was in volume 28, and he killed it the same way he killed the first of these, by leaping into it's mouth, stabbing it through the pallete and tunneling out through it's skull. So I gotta call bunk, again.

The Lamb

Luncheable!
I wonder if Guttsu's loss of his throwing knife belt has some significance? Having grown into the armour and cast aside his knives, arm-crossbow and bombs, will we only see Guttsu use his sword, armour and arm-cannon now?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The Lamb said:
I wonder if Guts's loss of his throwing knife belt has some significance? Having grown into the armour and cast aside his knives, arm-crossbow and bombs, will we only see Guts use his sword, armour and arm-cannon now?

It all flew off the last time he used the armor too; so that panel might just be to establish that his stuff was discarded before he jumped into the fray and therefore wasn't lost at sea. Of course, depending on where this all goes in the next few episodes, anything is possible. Miura has very unceremoniously discarded Guts' gear before, most recently his old Black Swordsman cloak when he battled Slan. Anyway, if anything, the panel suggests to me he'll likely get those things back. We'll see.

Judo

Midlands finest
miura found a good solution there for schierke being able to hold back guts without the appearance of the moonlight child.
but how is she going to go back to her real body? knotty situation, indeed.

i'd like to see how the troops of the holy see are dealing with the attack so far.
there are so many armies gathered in vritannis, that they can't simply be overrun... even if the number of daka is as large as we can assume for now.
especially with azan in the middle of it, this would be an intersting side-scenario to guts' party fighting their way to rodericks ship.
but most likely miura will show these things soon enough and i'm just to impatient.

i also wonder if this large amount of makara was staying at the harbour anyways or if daiba already sensed guts' group and tries to corner them(unlikely but possible).

Judo

Midlands finest
hello, razephon... welcome to the sk-net board.

before you ask for a translation in your first post here, i suggest you take a closer look at the different board-sections and the faq. ;)

there's already a translation in the translation-section.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Perhaps Sheirke is providing some additional power + control to Guts in his current form.

It does seem like he's doing a lot better with killing the Makara. Dispatching half a dozen so quickly and all. Seemed like the last time the beast killed a Makara it took a bit more out of him.

I wonder if Sheirke will be witness to a flashback or two?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
QUeeN typhonblue said:
It does seem like he's doing a lot better with killing the Makara. Dispatching half a dozen so quickly and all. Seemed like the last time the beast killed a Makara it took a bit more out of him.

But when he fought the lone makara on the beach earlier, he hadn't recovered as much from the wounds he received from the battle at Flora's house. I'm not saying that Schierke's astral body's presence isn't affecting Guts in a positive way, I just think the rest he got before heading out to the ball after Farnese is helping, too.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Quite an impressive episode. Can't wait till march 10th. At least it'll give me some time to catch up on my backlog of colorations. God I'm lazy.

Mista_B said:
I'd also say it's significant that Schierke is shown to be in Guts' right (blind) eye.
Heh, it can be symbolic, but I think Schierke being in Guts' blind eye is more than a coincident. ;)

Only for you, from Berserk Chronicles, the preview of the episode 270. By Puccio :guts:

cap2700gk.jpg

funny AND dope avi! :void:

on topic: I'ts a long time ago I had so much fun reading a new episode.
Some frames really posses so much power and motion, it's incredible; when you try to draw from Miura's artwork as reference you're just amazed how he gets all the detail and forms just fitting in place (100%). damn...

Once again; ... respect to :miura: (holds minute silence)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
avi said:
Only for you, from Berserk Chronicles, the preview of the episode 270. By Puccio :guts:

Awww, I was kind of hoping they messed up a few times before getting it right. Oh well. Who knew Gutschierke would prefer the staff to the Dragon Slayer. :void:

Top Bottom