Episode 269

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
shit that was a nice episode! i was pretty sure that we were gonna see the beast but i didnt expect that much makara! how many was it that guts slayed in this episode?! something like 4?! wow thx guys for providing the episode!

Hello, everyone.

Wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the website, this well-informed forum, translations and, of course, the scans.

My first post in the forum - could not say anything smarter :casca:.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JZBaltazar said:
Hello, everyone.

Wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the website, this well-informed forum, translations and, of course, the scans.

My first post in the forum - could not say anything smarter :casca:.

Welcome to SK.net! :serpico: As for the content of your post, I'm just glad you didn't ask where to find scanz, or something just as appalling. :SK:

Welcome onboard... :serpico:

Gods, what an appalling episode... not much diagolue pure actions and slaughter :badbone:

Guts is progressively improving even in his beast form, Short of like losing control and slowly revealing its true power... If anyone had noticed, Not only is Guts becoming more inhuman, he is slowing achieving the standard of Skullknight Swordskills. Except that SK kills generally faster with more cleaner cuts...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Smith said:
Guts is progressively improving even in his beast form, Short of like losing control and slowly revealing its true power... If anyone had noticed, Not only is Guts becoming more inhuman, he is slowing achieving the standard of Skullknight Swordskills. Except that SK kills generally faster with more cleaner cuts...

I think we'll likely see repercussions of him using the armor in the next episode. Its been progressing in short-comings as well. First the physical effects of wearing it and now the mental effects of wearing it (everyone's an enemy), I'm wondering if a new aspect of it will be revealed. But I suppose the most important thing to determine is what Schierke will bring to the equation.

Well its already been stated that the armor's long term effects are usually what do in a user if they can survive the massive pyschological and physical strain it puts on them in battle.

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Well its already been stated that the armor's long term effects are usually what do in a user if they can survive the massive pyschological and physical strain it puts on them in battle.

What was stated that the previous user was done in by the "physical strain" (aka bleeding to death).

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
I was refering to what SK said on the beach about the effects of the suit such as losing color in the vision and so forth.

Right, but you said that would "do them in". Its true in the armor he will "lose many things", but it was not the gradual loss of the senses (nerve damage) that killed the last user.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
First the physical effects of wearing it and now the mental effects of wearing it (everyone's an enemy), I'm wondering if a new aspect of it will be revealed.  But I suppose the most important thing to determine is what Schierke will bring to the equation.

It looks to me like Guts is turning his attention towards the gang as well as the remaining makara when he's looking down from the flaming mast. But as you said, whether or not Schierke's presence in the armor will affect how he views friend and foe remains to be seen.

D

darkbane

You gotta pity Shierke though, she's probably seeing the guts of numerous Makara getting cut up from the inside. Well, then again, just before she mercilessly slaughtered (incinerated, I guess) a whole lot of enemies herself.

For some reason I've got a feeling that Schierke being inside the armor is going to lead to a revelation on how to control guts when he goes into berserk mode. I think it will be alot easier for her to bring him back being that her spirit is actually inside of the armor.

All in all, great episode. Been looking forward to some mass carnage and the last few episodes have definitaly delivered.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Acidbather said:
For some reason I've got a feeling that Schierke being inside the armor is going to lead to a revelation on how to control guts when he goes into berserk mode.
Quick, Guts! Upshift into BERSERK MODE! Serpico, go to WINDY MODE!

Anyway, since Berserk's Armor had a previous owner, I'm crossing my fingers that Schierke may get a glimpse of the past, as she's in such intimate contact with this ancient, magical armor.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I like the sudden shift in action, I was dreading a few more episodes of those "Guts resisting the urge" panels. I also like the the implications in relation to Guts' resistence. This was sort of his first real admission that he's been fooling himself (especially since Slan hurt him). The fact that it's lowly Makara highlights the point even further. There isn't a God Hand in front of him, it's not Griffith, he's not out of control, it's not in the heat of the moment, there's no fresh blood on his face, and as far as we can see, not even a peep out out of the beast itself. He simply resigns himself to the fact that if he doesn't do it they are going to die, and all so suddenly. Even considering his first encounter with Zodd, or the Eclipse for that matter, has Guts ever displayed this kind of sober desperation before?

gutsdefeated.jpg

Acidbather said:
For some reason I've got a feeling that Schierke being inside the armor is going to lead to a revelation on how to control guts when he goes into berserk mode.  I think it will be alot easier for her to bring him back being that her spirit is actually inside of the armor.

All in all, great episode.  Been looking forward to some mass carnage and the last few episodes have definitaly delivered.

Welcome to the board, Acidbather. Good point about the implications this has for the Beast, Guts and Schierke. I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic of this relationship. Obviously, the imagery of her in the Beast's eye and her expression indicate that she's getting more of a first person view of the Beast in action than ever before; when she only seemed to see what was happening outside through ethereal windows. That was similar to how she interacted with powerful elemental spirits, except her goal was to release Guts rather than borrowing the Beast's power or becoming one with it. This time, she literally rode the wave of the transformation; so, does she have more direct involvment now with Guts/Beast? Before she was an outside voice, now is it like Guts is possesed by the Beast + Schierke? Can she curtail the Beast's impulses, act as it's conscience, and even give it order or direction? Conversely, is she now more open to being swept up in it's power herself, like with those powerful elemental forces?

It'll be bvery interesting to see where this goes, and an interesting parallel to Griffith and the Demon Child (the Moonlight Child just sort of kicked the Beast's ass, which is kind of funny when you think about it =).

Walter said:
Anyway, since Berserk's Armor had a previous owner, I'm crossing my fingers that Schierke may get a glimpse of the past, as she's in such intimate contact with this ancient, magical armor.

Quick, Miura, upshift into SKULL KNIGHT FANSERVICE MODE! =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm also wondering how she's gonna get back _out_ of the armor. Typically her spiritual self has that little "life-line" that comes out of her hat. I don't see how she's have that here.
Wonder if she'll inhabit the armor for long... :guts: :schierke:

Griffith

CnC said:
I'm also wonder how she's gonna get back _out_ of the armor.  Typically her spiritual self has that little "life-line" that comes out of her hat.  I don't see how she's have that here.

Yeah, what's really strange is that it actually looks like it's there (in the upper part of the eye), but she's not wearing her hat, which is where it's usally coming from... so, there's something else to look forward to the next episode for, I guess. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, what's really strange is that it actually looks like it's there (in the upper part of the eye), but she's not wearing her hat, which is where it's usally coming from... so, there's something else to look forward to the next episode for, I guess. =)

Ah, so it is, didn't notice it before. Perhaps she is still connected. However, I'd still find it interesting if she had trouble leaving.

Griffith

CnC said:
Ah, so it is, didn't notice it before.  Perhaps she is still connected. 

I was more curious about where that embilical cord is coming from. :carcus:

CnC said:
However, I'd still find it interesting if she had trouble leaving.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how this thing works. For instance, if the beast should somehow go into remission while she's in there, could she just make her usual exodus, or would it pull her down with it into the Beast's Den inside Guts soul. :zodd: :chomp:

am I missing something as I thought Skull Knight was the final evolution of those who wear the armor and survive? And I thought Flora helped Skull Knight survive in the same manner Schierke is attempting to help Guts.

Griffith

remydat said:
am I missing something as I thought Skull Knight was the final evolution of those who wear the armor and survive?  And I thought Flora helped Skull Knight survive in the same manner Schierke is attempting to help Guts.

Missing something? On the contrary, you just made up a bunch of stuff! =)

Anyway, just to get everyone on the same page; we know Skully wore it at some point and likely was the last since it was shaped like a skull. We also know the last wearer reportedly "died" on their feet fighting in it (because of it noteably; literally devoured him, crushing all his bones and bleeding him dry). So, it's only prudent to assume that was Skull Knight in a past life. And that's about as far as we can go with any certainty since we don't know what happened to Skull Knight after (or during) that, if anything, to contribute to his current state. For all we know, it was just the armor itself.

It is supposed to be cursed, and according to Skull Knight, the armor changes you just by living in it, let alone dying in it. You literally start to lose your humanity, and in the end the whole point of the curse might be that it uses you up and eats you alive, body and soul, until all that's left is whatever the armor makes of you. Guts is under the impression he's going to be careful and avoid such a fate, but that may not be possible as long as he wears it.

Beast Knight, anyone? :chomp: :beast: :badbone:

Top Bottom