Beherit

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
This is taken from a web page about "Beherit", a Black Metal band apparently from Finland.

"What does the name BEHERIT mean anyways?"
"It's Syriac name for Satan."

I've heard this info before, possibly somewhere on the boards, but I hadn't seen the info first-hand until now. It's repeated all over non-Berserk-related sites as well.

This is probably commonly-known info, but I thought I'd post on the off-chance that some people haven't seen this yet.

Also, this seems to be *fairly* conclusive proof of how Beherit is meant to be spelled.

No guarantees on that though =p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, its a tool used to summon satan. I found out about not only the band, but also the historical references to the beherit. Thats why I stopped calling it a "behelit" 8)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
So basically 'Behelit' is just a rip of the name 'Berehit', though with similar purposes? ;)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Yeah, its a tool used to summon satan. I found out about not only the band, but also the historical references to the beherit. Thats why I stopped calling it a "behelit"  8)
8)You have to tell us more about this 8)

crematorium01

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
where can I read about the Beherit? I tried searching for it on the net and all I get is the fucking band. Not a fan of Black Metal, gimmie death metal any day!

Hi,

First heard this info from Olivier sometime ago - surprise, surprise ;).

Found it convincing them. Certainly no reason to change that view now.

All the best,

Namirrha

Top Bottom