CDloader

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I hate to ask this, but I just tried to play the Berserk PS2 game with a solderless mod chip and swap magic. I discovered that I need CDloader to get the thing to work. My question is, how the hell do I properly burn it on to a CD? I tried using CDclone and a .ccd file I found, but it did squat. Help!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I got the Cd loader but I can't remember where the hell I got it from!
I will look for the link right now!

Edit:http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

This is where I got the cd loader from but I can't remember how exactly I got it to run. All I know is that you need cd loader V.7 to run Berserk. Sorry I can't help you more. Try checking gamefaqs or another board to see if anyone else is having a similiar problem.

Vaxillus

I just found a guide, here's the link for whoever else is confused.  My current dilema is whether or not I really should use the Version 7 or not, because most websites seem to specify that the version 7 is for the newer versions of PS2 only, and mine's quite old.

Anyway, the files were easy to find, but here's a guide to burning them:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm

Edit: in case you're curious, I have a version 4 PS2.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Vaxillus said:
  My current dilema is whether or not I really should use the Version 7 or not, because most websites seem to specify that the version 7 is for the newer versions of PS2 only, and mine's quite old.

Back when I started playing import games I had to hunt down an early model PS2 in order to be able to play games via the knife trick. Trust me, V.7 works with old models.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CDLoader 7 works fine with my old PS2, I don't even see how the console's version could change anything. I also thought burning it was pretty easy to be honest... No need for a guide. Now, why do you need it? From what I heard, with Swap Magic 3.6 there's no need to use it anymore to play Berserk. At least that's what a lot of people have been saying.

Vaxillus

I've got 3.3  :judo:.  Sadly, even after I burned both copies, neither worked.  Maybe I'm stupid and doing something wrong or maybe I have a defective swap magic.  AUGH!  Technology hates me!  I'll just keep fiddling I guess.

Edit:  I was under the impression that when I put the CDloader in a new screen will come up, but instead it tells me it's not a valid PS2 disc.  I'm guesing this is where the problem is.  I used Nero CD burner and the v7 all from cdloaderfix but it isn't working.  I think god just hates me.

Edit again: I tried alchohol120% to burn the cd as well, but no dice. I think my problem is actually with my swp magic version. CDloader seems like it works only with 2.0, so I might just pitch in for version 3.6, since it supposedly works without cdloader.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I have Swap Magic 2.0. Maybe the newer versions require something different. I seen that 3.6 dosen't require any other software to run. I may also pitch in and get a better version of Swap Magic. Using the knife trick to swap in and out discs on an already ancient system is difficult. It takes me 30 minutes of trying to get Berserk running. I need to remedy this situation before Fist of the North Star comes out!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I was under the impression that when I put the CDloader in a new screen will come up, but instead it tells me it's not a valid PS2 disc. I'm guesing this is where the problem is.

Hahah well yeah, obviously that's where the problem is man.

Vaxillus said:
CDloader seems like it works only with 2.0, so I might just pitch in for version 3.6, since it supposedly works without cdloader.

No, CDLoader works perfectly well with Swap Magic 3.0, and there's no reason to assume it doesn't with 3.3. The procedure to boot the game has been explained countless times before, I really don't see what your problem could be.

First your start by inserting the Swap Magic CD into the console. A special screen will come up, you swap the disc with the CDLoader one, then you launch it. CDLoader boots, you put in a normal game, you confirm and swap the normal game with the Berserk game, you confirm one last time and you're good to go.

Just to be sure, you use your solderless modchip correctly when swapping right? You don't just open the tray normally?

Vaxillus

Aazealh said:
Just to be sure, you use your solderless modchip correctly when swapping right? You don't just open the tray normally?
Ahhh, maybe? :???: I never knew there was a right way to do it. I just installed the thing and then hit the eject button. I guess I'm an idiot, but everyone already knew that. Do I just pry the tray open when I switch CDs?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Do I just pry the tray open when I switch CDs?

Nope, that's when you use your super modchip. Keep pressing the eject button for 3 or 4 seconds instead of releasing it like you normally would, it'll flash orange and open real fast, unnaturally. You must have the CD ready because it'll automatically close itself 5 seconds after it opens so you need to swap the CDs quickly. That's swapping. If you do that and assuming that's how your modchip works, everything should be Ok. Please note though that when you insert the normal game in CDLoader, you shouldn't swap but open the tray normally. You swap once in Swap Magic to boot CDLoader, and once again in CDLoader to swap the Berserk game in. It might sound a bit complicated but it's really nothing difficult.

Vaxillus

Ok, I had no idea.  When I did a search, nobody ever said anything about this on forums.

Edit: SCORE! IT WORKS!!! Thanks a ton guys! Now to get to slaughtering snowmen. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
When I did a search, nobody ever said anything about this on forums.

Guess you didn't search well enough then...

Vaxillus said:
Edit: SCORE! IT WORKS!!! Thanks a ton guys! Now to get to slaughtering snowmen. :guts:

Well good, you're welcome. Enjoy the game. :serpico:

Top Bottom