FFVII - Dirge of Cerberus

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Did anyone try this one out?

I did.. and it sucks bigtime. i was hoping for a cool follow up to DMC1... :judo:

but it's not.
it sucks in every aspect. the controls are weird, the graphic is not that great at all, the gameplay is repetetive and the story... yeah the story - what story?

i dropped it after one level.
anyone else played it through?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
Did anyone try this one out?

I haven't played it, but everybody's saying it's pretty bad (let's say mediocre), including professional reviewers. It sold around 350,000 copies the first week of its release in Japan thanks to fanboyism, and the return in store after a couple of days was so great that all shops refused to take back used games because they had a shitload already. Needless to say, the game's not selling anymore a month later. Square-Enix will have made a fast buck on this by abusing their willing customers, achieving the whoring of the FFVII franchise in the process. And there's more to come...

I feel kinda ashamed, I talked my older brother into buying over some other game (can't remember what it was, it was probably leagues better though :serpico:). I played, kinda got into it, but then was totally bored out about midway. Haven't touched it since. :troll:

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Aazealh said:
I haven't played it, but everybody's saying it's pretty bad (let's say mediocre), including professional reviewers. It sold around 350,000 copies the first week of its release in Japan thanks to fanboyism, and the return in store after a couple of days was so great that all shops refused to take back used games because they had a shitload already. Needless to say, the game's not selling anymore a month later. Square-Enix will have made a fast buck on this by abusing their willing customers, achieving the whoring of the FFVII franchise in the process. And there's more to come...
yeah sad thing square abuses the fanboy phenomena like this. kinda disgusting they're making loads of money just selling the name "Final Fantasy" without having it linked to cool games anymore.

well FF-XII will reveal wether they're still willing to create videogames of superiour quality like Xenogears, Chrono and FFVII.
I think the game is generally being anticipated with optimism...? At least that's what i read on some professional previewers summary. (FF-XII that is).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
I think the game is generally being anticipated with optimism...? At least that's what i read on some professional previewers summary. (FF-XII that is).

Yeah, it's expected to be a best-seller, and apparently it doesn't look half bad. I can't say I'm convinced given the last entries in the series though.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
dwarfkicker said:
FFX was good.  But X-2 was lame.  If I want to see Charlie's Angels I'll watch the shitty movie.

I generally refer to that game as: "They took a priestess and turned her into Britney Spears searches for her boyfriend"

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Majin Tenshi said:
I generally refer to that game as: "They took a priestess and turned her into Britney Spears searches for her boyfriend"
lol that's indeed true. :guts:
wow that game really was the worst... but then again now we have VII-2. :puck:

We don't have VII-2 yet. That's coming though.

A lot of people seem to dislike FF8, though I really liked that one. The Junction System wasn't that fun, but the game as a whole was enjoyable.

I hated the shared experience for FF9. It took forever to level up my characters. I'm in the 50s and getting my ass kicked in the last area (I've beaten it before, just replaying it now).

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
dwarfkicker said:
I'm in the 50s and getting my ass kicked in the last area (I've beaten it before, just replaying it now).

wow it must have really take long if you're in your 50's now lol. :troll:

yeah... i know i know. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
I hated the shared experience for FF9.  It took forever to level up my characters.
Many RPGs have shared experience. I remember with FF6, the fastest way to level up characters was to have 1-2 people as your party, making battles really tough.  I enjoyed it, personally  :badbone:

As for Dirge... Can someone give me a brief plot summary? And when's FF7 - Cell Phone Adventure coming out?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
dwarfkicker said:
Square said they were trying to get the cell phone game out around E3.  Don't know if they'll make that deadline though.

Yeah i think so. and there's also FFVII: Crisis Core which is gonna be released soon for the PSP.
Get your hands on a copy! This will be another never-before seen exciting portable adventure.

Crisis Core isn't due until near the end of the year. Once that's done they're finally gonna do the last part of the compilation. Finally they can put it to rest, though I'm looking forward to see how everything comes to a close.

*Eagerly awaits Griffith's smartass response :guts:*

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on FF12. That game looks impressive, but first up is Kingdom Hearts 2 which is due out at the end of the month.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
*Eagerly awaits Griffith's smartass response *

Okay, but there's so much raw material to work with in here (and plus I don't want to offend any pussies), I think I'll take it in another direction and ask when they're releasing the FFVII Hentai Game, Solo Sex Kit, and Adult Diapers? Or, in the same vein, "FFVII Tycoon," a simulator game where you create your own half-assed products and market them under the FFVII Brand to the prized idiot fanboy demographic.

ff7flame.jpg

BUY TODAY! :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
Get your hands on a copy! This will be another never-before seen exciting portable adventure.

Just like Dirge of Cerberus was a never seen before exciting non-portable adventure.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I'm a bit surprised, I thought this game would at least be decent. I'm not too sad though, my original copy of Chrono Trigger is all I need from square. Then again, I might want to pick up some of those daipers Griffith mentioned.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
When picked up my copy of Monster Hunter G, I did notice quite a few copies of FF Dirge in the pre-owned section, I guess the mystery is solved! :guts:

aksaC

Sex'n Swordplay
FFXII better be amazing or I may have jump off the Square bandwagon. The demo was alright, but Square has been letting me down with their stories since VI.

CnC

Ad Oculos
aksaC said:
FFXII better be amazing or I may have jump off the Square bandwagon. The demo was alright, but Square has been letting me down with their stories since VI.

I was a fan of their pre-rendered animation department for the longest time. But the style over substance is getting old.

aksaC

Sex'n Swordplay
I was a fan of their pre-rendered animation department for the longest time

It's amazing stuff and if they would put an equal effort into their plots and characters their visual innovations would have more impact.

Top Bottom