Anybody on Myspace?

Mo

The Warrior
As you know, I've been exlporing new and exciting ways to occupy my time (Now that I'm out of commision for a few more months in terms of bodybuilding); I took up paintballing for a while, but, it got too darn cold in Jersey - the indoor playing arena's are kinda expensive and it's usually an all day thing. Fast forward a few weeks; I get an email for a friend asking me if I'm on myspace... I was like "What the hell is myspace?" He directed me to the link; lo and behold, some prick was using my pictures and had like 2,000 "friends". I was furious! I emailed "Tom" immediatley, and got my identity back. Then the "Friend's requests" started rolling in - everybody and their brother wanted to be my "Friend". I was like man, who the hell are these people?? At first, I approved everybody, but, nothing seemed to add up. All these "Friends" that I had, 1. I never even knew, 2. Never sent me a message. I was like, what the hell is the purpose? Then it dawned on me; it's a popularity contest... all of these people on there wanna be as popular as possible by adding as many friends as possible. They don't wanna share common interests; they don't wanna have an insighful conversation; they just wanna have as many "notches" on their list as possible. It's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me, I decided to go EXACTLY the opposite direction; check out my profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=35677398

What's happening Mo? I have less people on Myspace then you do. I generally follow the same principles as you, if I don't actually know you, I don't accept you.

Here is Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/the_one_and_only_c

Maybe you can be my "friend" Mo? :guts:

- C

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Paintballing is a great sport, I play year around. I agree though, the indoor places can really get pricey.

As for MySpace, no I don't have it. I do know of it though, and find it pretty pointless. Everyone where I live are like "ZOMG HAV U HRD OF MYSPACE????". I just think it's pretty dumb. But if I did have it, I'd do the same approach as you two; If I don't actually know you or have never talked/chatted with you, then no way would you be on my friends list.

seems popularity contests have even tooken to the internet. How sad :serpico:

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I have a Myspace profile, but I mainly use it as a way to stay in touch with my friends since they never check their damn e-mail. I don't understand the people who have a million pictures of themselves and want to get as many friends as possible, regardless of whether they know the people. Generally, if I don't know someone in some capacity, I won't add them as a friend.

http://www.myspace.com/45119222

Mo

The Warrior
Zooty, that's your site!  I used it to make my profile man - awesome! Very easy to use; thanks man.  :highfive:

Isolation, if you're ever in Jersey, hit me up - I usually go to this farm after hours - it's an awesome obsticle course (when the dogs aren't there) lol

Kimchan got us both beat, C; she has 16 friends...

I gotta admit though, I was kinda forced to add a couple of people.  Like a few of them on there are friend's girlfriends/sisters/brothers, people that I see around from time to time, etc.  So it's kinda like, the pressure is on so that I don't anger anybody, and don't come off as a real pri*k, but, they're not really my friends - nothing in common no good conversation, etc.  The funny thing is that I STILL get friends requests, despite my profile; that shows you that the people requesting are not even reading the profile, just pushing the add button.... A lot of homos on that site too... man o' man - just because I have a few bodybuilders on my profile doesn't mean I swing that way... lol  and if you let one in, soon you'll be getting requests from his friends and the whole myspace gay community to "be your friend".   loool  Man, I wish I didn't have to join that site; on the flip side though, it is fun conversating with friends/people that share the same interests on there - a lot of good laughs and I love some of the graphics and captioned pics. 

Speaking of which here's a few cool ones (shit how do you upload pics without using html?)

Myspace has helped me keep in touch with some of my friends that have moved away. The comments board makes it easy for us to post messages the whole group can see, so it feels a bit more like group socializing than phone calls or instant messaging. Before they invited me to myspace I heard from them only sparsely, now I keep in touch with them very regularly.

It's not a bad service at all, it's just that it allows people to display who they really are, and the vast majority of people are morons, so it gets the bad rap for being a virtual vortex of idiocy.

After saying that, Myspace is reminding me of a more retarded version of the maelstrom of souls from Berserk.

everybody is on myspace... maybe not actively, but they definitely created a profile in a moment of weakness, abandoned it and then claimed they never did... its like asking a guy if he masterbates: "Of course not!" ... mmm hmm, sure you dont

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I'm not on myspace but I masturbate :carcus:.

I am on Facebook though, which is the myspace for people smart enough to make it to college :puck:.

it is pretty good for sending event info (party, movies, shows, etc...)to my friends rather than calling them and hoping that word spreads and that they remember... all the details in one place and it makes them feel special

Vaxillus

I think the real reason it;s popular is because it makes people feel like they're celebrities. Even I like to rant about myself to people untill they cover their ears and run for cover. Even so, I never understood why people would want to spill their personal information to the stalkeresque hoards on the internet.

Vaxillus said:
I think the real reason it;s popular is because it makes people feel like they're celebrities. Even I like to rant about myself to people untill they cover their ears and run for cover. Even so, I never understood why people would want to spill their personal information to the stalkeresque hoards on the internet.
it's pretty ridiculous, the things people say on these things.
it's the reason i hated livejournal so much, it's really a playground for passive-aggressives.

Mo

The Warrior
Proj2501 said:
Yea Mo, paintball is the shit! Im from NJ too, guess u can say mid state, not north or south. Go dirty jersey!

We should make team Berserk!  I'm near oldbridge
I got nothing against MySpace, it's just all the fakes out there man.  It's like when people say this country sucks; it's not the country that sucks, the country is no more than a piece of land - it's the people that crap up the country that suck. 

Sparnage said:
So far your myspace music is my favourite.
i am known for choosing the best. :guts:

i'm afraid you've missed some of my previous best:
Debarge - Rhythm of the Night and A-Ha - Take On Me :carcus:

and thank you.

Slightly Green said:
you're just lazy. that's your problem.

i just dont like wasting time calling 30 or 40 people when i can just send one message out... im sure you can understand that... of course i could just bcc an email but like i said, it makes them feel special

Psymont 2.0 said:
i just dont like wasting time calling 30 or 40 people when i can just send one message out... im sure you can understand that... of course i could just bcc an email but like i said, it makes them feel special

Damn, you're lazy...

Vaxillus

yota821 said:
Hey, I'm on the Facebook too, Vax!!  Errr.........I guess that's cool, right? :troll:
What's your SN? I'll put you on my friends list nd then ignore you :guts:. You can PM me if you want, since it's probably your real name, or just dismiss me as a stalker :beast:.

Metalbolt

I'm on TV, so I must be True!
Bah, myspace cronies are the slime of the earth (not saying that's yous guys!).
Sure, I have a myspace profile. Made it a long time ago, and messed with it recentely because someone I knew was on there. I stopped caring shortly there after, however.

xanga.com is better for keeping in touch with buddies.
It's just built smoother.

Top Bottom