Anybody on Myspace?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Shurikn said:
Thanks for the link to Carl Jung, quite interesting... I like reading about psychology too.

I really enjoy learning about psychology. It's the sitting down and reading it part that's frustraiting. I have a handful of his books I havn't gotten to them yet.=\

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Yeah, there are a lot of people on myspace that give it a bad name, the ones that just add a billion people on their friends list and then they take pictures of them partially naked to get attention, but for people like me, it has helped to keep in touch with lost friends and family.

My cousin who is in basic training at Fort Benning can't use the phone, but sometimes he gets on myspace and messages me. My other cousin who works hard because she is a young mother and her BF left her is hard to reach, but I get to see pictures of my nephew and her all the time, so that makes me happy.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Ahh he's going infantry I see. Do you know what unit he has is basic? Like 2-19 or 2-58?

I don't know, but I'll ask him.

Right now actually everyone has the flu over there, the normal and stomach flu, so it's pretty bad over there, even the sergeants do, it's to the point where the sergeants feel under the weather and don't feel like doing anything.

As for my cousin, he's currently an E-3,and he is actually with the National Guard if you can guess which unit he is in. After basic, it's airborne and then he is going to choose two options.

Ranger to Special Forces

or just go Special Forces.

He really wants to go to Ranger school, but it's hard to get a ticket in right now he says... it would really help prepare him for the harassment and tiresome exercises at SF. But if his father did it, I believe he can do it too.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Dionysos said:
Poor guy. Fort Benning is hell on earth, lol.

Yeah, my cousin chose it purposly though. He wants to go to the hardest training to get him ready for SF.

He's crazy, but he'll be ready for it soon enough, I have to take a year off after college of peer training to try and make it through BUD/s with the Navy, that's even harder.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SlimJ87D said:
Yeah, my cousin chose it purposly though. He wants to go to the hardest training to get him ready for SF.

Hard? Benning was just a bunch of bull shit nothing hard. It's just gotten gradually easier the last couple years [I was there early 05] and all the new guys we get are some of the weakest people I've seen. If he wants hard tell him to do SERES school.

And imo Airborn school isn't hard as long as you can run.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Hard? Benning was just a bunch of bull shit nothing hard. It's just gotten gradually easier the last couple years [I was there early 05] and all the new guys we get are some of the weakest people I've seen. If he wants hard tell him to do SERES school.

And imo Airborn school isn't hard as long as you can run.

Yeah, I have no right to say it's easy or hard, but the SEALs I have met say that it was a really easy breeze to them, not even as hard as their warm ups, but those are the SEALs talking. One of them had a sprain wrist and did their push-ups with one arm, and the instructor thought he was trying to show off and made him do more and was surprised that he did up to about 100. Not sure if the guy was sugar coating his story, but he was ripped and medium size. Most of the graduates from BUD/s are light to medium weight guys that are very agile and strong.

But benning not being hard as it used to, I can believe it since all the instructors there got sick for a short period and didn't have their trainies do that much, if anything they should have worked just as hard sick.

Bob, I had a question also, what is Raider school? Since I'm preparing to go in, the SEALs get to attend Ranger school and raiders school, but I've never heard of it.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SlimJ87D said:
Yeah, I have no right to say it's easy or hard, but the SEALs I have met say that it was a really easy breeze to them, not even as hard as their warm ups, but those are the SEALs talking. One of them had a sprain wrist and did their push-ups with one arm, and the instructor thought he was trying to show off and made him do more and was surprised that he did up to about 100. Not sure if the guy was sugar coating his story, but he was ripped and medium size. Most of the graduates from BUD/s are light to medium weight guys that are very agile and strong.

SEAls calling basic combat training and airborne school easy? Probably because they are fucking navy seals. Basicly calling something easy is ok as long as the people calling it easy are not Seals or Delta.

But benning not being hard as it used to, I can believe it since all the instructors there got sick for a short period and didn't have their trainies do that much, if anything they should have worked just as hard sick.

Nope. How sick do you have to be to tell abunch of brand new privets to do monkey fuckers? The army doesn't believe in smokeing people anymore. Thus basic is easy.

Bob, I had a question also, what is Raider school? Since I'm preparing to go in, the SEALs get to attend Ranger school and raiders school, but I've never heard of it.

Do yo mean Pathfinder? I don't know what raider school is.

edit: Lets take this over to PM. I don't want to bring down the topic of Myspace any further then it does it's self.

This is my music page
myspace.com/feralwinter
And this is my regular page
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=142113568&MyToken=375a1f1a-a50b-42f8-acf3-c8235745278f

SlimJ87D said:
Yeah, there are a lot of people on myspace that give it a bad name, the ones that just add a billion people on their friends list and then they take pictures of them partially naked to get attention, but for people like me, it has helped to keep in touch with lost friends and family.

My cousin who is in basic training at Fort Benning can't use the phone, but sometimes he gets on myspace and messages me. My other cousin who works hard because she is a young mother and her BF left her is hard to reach, but I get to see pictures of my nephew and her all the time, so that makes me happy.

lol you can do the same with email and a photobucket account...

i have a myspace page :eek:

KuroKenshi

ready for Today's sermon??
youre right it is a popularity contest. i actually deleted mine because of the same problems you faced, noone really wants to be your friend. :judo: but i made one again because of the "REAL" friends i did have wondering where the hell i went. so pretty much use it to keep in touch with people you actually know. :beast:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
KuroKenshi said:
but i made one again because of the "REAL" friends i did have wondering where the hell i went. so pretty much use it to keep in touch with people you actually know. :beast:

Haha, that's exactly what happened to me.  I got tired of my friends nagging me to get back on (for the 3rd time, I might add) so I've got another profile up: www.myspace.com/rhombaad.

http://www.myspace.com/natefries
You can probably tell by various things on there that I've been hanging around the site for awhile.

I registered before it was very popular, one of my friends made me do it. I don't care though, it's an alright site and a good way to meet new people and keep in touch with old ones since 9 out of 10 people have one.

As for facebook being better, people keep saying it but never say why, so I simply assume it's something similar to the whole "Macs are better than PCs" fanboyism and haven't even bothered checking it out. Honestly, why is it better?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello there, welcome to SK.net.

nfries88 said:
http://www.myspace.com/natefries
You can probably tell by various things on there that I've been hanging around the site for awhile.

There's one thing I can easily tell, and it's that you're hotlinking images from CnC and Genome. It's not a nice thing to do man. :puck:

Aazealh said:
Hello there, welcome to SK.net.

There's one thing I can easily tell, and it's that you're hotlinking images from CnC and Genome. It's not a nice thing to do man. :puck:
You're right, dunno why I didn't think to not do that.
To imageshack!

EDIT: Rehosted them on imageshack. Thanks for saying something Aaz, and sorry to those two for leeching their bandwidth for last couple of months.

CnC

Ad Oculos
nfries88 said:
You're right, dunno why I didn't think to not do that.
To imageshack!

I think Aaz was referring to lifting shit that ain't yours, in addition to the obvious leeching bandwidth that ain't yours. Credit your sources (even if, in my case, it's a rather strange choice in image to rip).

Ugh, so out of neccessity (well, sort of), I've been dragged back into this whole goddamn online social networking bullshit, 'cept this time it's personal. And on Facebook.

Why facebook? I dunno, why does it matter?

What neccessitated it?
I'm working on a project called Friends & Strangers (images of which I'll share with you all soon enough). I've recently felt an ever more increasing need to photograph those friends (some of whom were QUITE close) of mine I never speak to any more for a variety of reasons. Life goes on, and they're no longer the close friends they once were. Some of them are expecting children and others have recently gotten married or become engaged. I'm out of the loop. They're like strangers and I need to photo them.

There, that's my reasoning. It's reasonable, ain't it?

CnC said:
I think Aaz was referring to lifting shit that ain't yours, in addition to the obvious leeching bandwidth that ain't yours. Credit your sources (even if, in my case, it's a rather strange choice in image to rip).
I really got a kick out of that image, that's why I have it on there.
I also really loved the background, which is why I used it.

Wasn't any malicious attempt at credit theft, either. I added credits to both you and Genome at the bottom of my "about me", just to (hopefully) clear up any problems. All good now, aside for the obvious fact that the layout was thrown together in about 3 minutes?

CnC

Ad Oculos
yea I'm fine with it as long as it's credited and it isn't suckin' up my bandwith (understand, this has been happening to me a lot recently :void: )

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
yea I'm fine with it as long as it's credited and it isn't suckin' up my bandwith (understand, this has been happening to me a lot recently :void: )

You should have gone the something awful route of dealing with picture leeching and switch it up with something a little more gross.

Top Bottom