Shito-modoki

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Is this, well, an "official" term? I was reading through vol. 19 today, and during the battle between Guts and the goat-demon, it seemed to me he was taunting it when he called it a "shito-modoki".

Guts: "Seeing an apostle-WANNABE like you hanging around here... (etc etc)"

Are there other places in the manga that the term "shito-modoki" is used? This is far as I've gotten, reading relatively closely... just wondering if there's any use of that word during the battle with Mozgus and his minions.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Okay, I notice Guts uses "shito-modoki" again when he's fighting Serpico... but I still wonder how he knew the difference between the goat-demon, the basic weenie demons, and true Apostles? o_O I'm wondering if anyone aside from Guts uses that word...

I still wonder how he knew the difference between the goat-demon, the basic weenie demons, and true Apostles?  o_O
Well, after his fight(s) with Zorndak (sp?), it's not really surprising... And maybe he knew even before that.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Found Guts using "modoki" again when fighting Mozgus' henchmen. I guess it wasn't a one-time taunt after all...

But it still seems like a term Guts came up with. I guess he can get a "sense" of the power behind a dark being through his brand... it bleeds and throbs *this* much and it's an apostle, it bleeds and throbs *that* much and it's a pseudo-apostle, et al...

Question about Mozgus himself though... when fighting his second form, Guts says that he's as powerful as an apostle, or possibly moreso... when Guts first stabbed Mozgus and jumped down with him, did the Beherit apostle (who was conveniently swinging by) give him an extra dosage? It seemed as though the first dosage didn't do much more than give them all wings... (and maybe a little bad breath.)

M

Marcus

Nope, like normal Apostles (Rishnu for example), Mozgus had an extra and more powerful form. Remember at that time the Egg Apostle was climbing upwards with the demon baby.

Top Bottom