The New Picture Thread

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Waychel said:
Nice! :isidro: Although it looks off without the drum mag.

My Colt AR-15:

colt-01.jpg

I didn't know there were any people into guns here... just another reason why Berserk fans kick ass! :chomp:

you actualy paid money for an M4?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
you actualy paid money for an M4?

I didn't pay anything for it... it was payment to my dad for some estate planning. Since I did the DPA and everything and it was also the first trust I ever worked on my dad gave me the gun as payment. So, it was more like a payment/gift to me...

Even if I had paid for it... it is one of very few in California with papers and registered with the state (they are still banned here... we have retarded gun laws).

colt-03.jpg

... and I don't care what you think... it is my baby! =PpP Next to my M1. XD

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Waychel said:
I didn't pay anything for it... it was payment to my dad for some estate planning. Since I did the DPA and everything and it was also the first trust I ever worked on my dad gave me the gun as payment. So, it was more like a payment/gift to me...

Even if I had paid for it... it is one of very few in California with papers and registered with the state (they are still banned here... we have retarded gun laws).

colt-03.jpg

... and I don't care what you think... it is my baby! =PpP Next to my M1. XD

It's a fine shooting gun for sports. But you know the whole it's a lame gun that can't kill a cow [field tested in Iraq] I have little to know faith. Oh and my M4 has a Grenade launcher. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
It's a fine shooting gun for sports. But you know the whole it's a lame gun that can't kill a cow [field tested in Iraq]

Well I doubt she needs to kill cows with an assault rifle on a day to day basis in California.

I think it just depends on the rounds...

colt-04.jpg

plz-ignore-my-bedsheets.png

Okie, I'm loaded for cow now! :puck: Where is pippin22's avatar?!

Seriously though... why would anyone want to shoot a cow? =[ I mean unless you are gonna eat it or something...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Well I doubt she needs to kill cows with an assault rifle on a day to day basis in California.

You don't know that? With all that mad cow stuff running around you don't know when the cow menice is coming after anyone.

Waychel said:
Seriously though... why would anyone want to shoot a cow? =[ I mean unless you are gonna eat it or something...

The cow was hit with a mortar so they were trying to put it down.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
You don't know that? With all that mad cow stuff running around you don't know when the cow menice is coming after anyone.

The cow was hit with a mortar so they were trying to put it down.

Well TBH you're probably right... I mean this argument has been going on for awhile now since the AR-15 became standard, right? I'm not a hunter, but I know that I wouldn't use .22 caliber to try and take down a cow at a far off distance. I'd want more powerful rounds than that. There is a huge difference between a person weighing 150 pounds and a cow weighing 1050 pounds afterall. I still think that it is a practical weapon for its intended purpose though, if not fun to shoot. ^^

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

The menace is more likely to come from your steak in that case. :beast:

Waychel said:
Well TBH you're probably right... I mean this argument has been going on for awhile now since the AR-15 became standard, right? I'm not a hunter, but I know that I wouldn't use .22 caliber to try and take down a cow at a far off distance. I'd want more powerful rounds than that.

You know though, I think everybody agrees that hunting is mostly about the sport/nature (and the meat I guess), so while a high caliber is required for big game, I still don't think going at it with an assault rifle is the way it's supposed to be. These are made for war, to hunt you have hunting rifles. At least that's how it goes around here.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
To let you all know since we're talking guns.

The M4, M16 and M14 have been officially replaced. M4 production as standard issue has been seized, although we're still going to use them, most of them for SF will be replaced with the FN SCAR-L and -H. The M8 is also being produced, but I'm not sure if it's replacing the M16 or not, or what it's ment to replace.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm still shocked to see other infantry units carring around M16s. Those things are prehistoric and need to be gotten rid of now.

Seriously dude, that is a really good point that a lot of military men I speak with bring up. The M16 is too high maintenance and the ones used in training are shitty and jam a lot... but I guess it's part of the training. But yeah, the M16 isn't as great as it is in videogames compared to all the new rifles such as the HK-G36, and a few other rifles Britain uses. Heck, the AKs maintenance needs are much more convenient than the M16.

Luckily if you're apart of SF, you're issued the upgraded SOP-MOD M4s, and now the SCAR rifle I was talking about. SFs get all the good shit.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SlimJ87D said:
Seriously dude, that is a really good point that a lot of military men I speak with bring up. The M16 is too high maintenance and the ones used in training are shitty and jam a lot... but I guess it's part of the training. But yeah, the M16 isn't as great as it is in videogames compared to all the new rifles such as the HK-G36, and a few other rifles Britain uses. Heck, the AKs maintenance needs are much more convenient than the M16.

Luckly the M4 is a self cleaning weapon. So all you really have to make sure is it's oiled and has no rust. Where as the M16s the army is using are all from Vietnam era or a couple years following Nam. If the DOD were to be smart and give the M4 an upgrade to a higher caliber round then it would actually be a better weapon.

Luckily if you're apart of SF, you're issued the upgraded SOP-MOD M4s, and now the SCAR rifle I was talking about. SFs get all the good shit.

SF actually tests a lot of the weapons before the rest of the army gets them so we'll se if it's a good gun.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
When did this become the SK.net Gat-Thread? It's awesome, but I'm much more of a blade person. Anyway, here is the most recent piccie of me, taken just outside my apartment. I really love this time of year!

• 0002kfaw

Oh yah, the mug I'm holding was something I actually hand-painted. It took me two days to get it perfect, but I'm happy to be the only person to own a mug like this. 10 Pucks to the first person that identifies symbol :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
10 Pucks to the first person that identifies symbol

The Hawks' symbol. Got it at first glance of course, before I even read the post. Nice mug. :SK: Otherwise, I think you look somewhat strange in that picture.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aazealh said:
The Hawks' symbol. Got it at first glance of course, before I even read the post. Nice mug. :SK:

:puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: :puck: for you, sir. Not that I didn't expect you to be the first person :p

Aazealh said:
Otherwise, I think you look somewhat strange in that picture.

Somewhat strange :judo: Well, it was pretty breezy yesterday, so that's why the hair is coming across me face... I can't say much other than why I might look strange. That's just how I look :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Somewhat strange :judo: Well, it was pretty breezy yesterday, so that's why the hair is coming across me face... I can't say much other than why I might look strange.

Well I mean in that picture specifically, maybe it's the hair-in-the-face or something... I don't know. Actually it's probably that. Don't worry, you're as handsome as ever. :casca:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm still shocked to see other infantry units carring around M16s. Those things are prehistoric and need to be gotten rid of now.
Hahah, you should check out the marines, them things are still practically new for them! :carcus:

This is how it usually goes for funding and what not.

Air force

Army

Navy

Marine Corps

Although for the Marine Corps its by choice because we/do have the expression doing the most with very little... although at times it wouldn't hurt to take all the funding we receive instead of giving most of it back!

Oburi

All praise Grail
All this military and gun talk makes me want to groove!
weirdma0.jpg

Heres me when i was a little bitch. Rocking out on the racket in my tighties. I'll post a more up to date picture at some point, on this computer all I've got are my family pictures, most of when I was young. Here's to a future as a rock an roll star.

Top Bottom