The New Picture Thread

I don't think I've posted here yet, but I might as well!!!

This picture was taken when I was back in California. I just bought him... as you can see, I was very happy.

1041601526_l.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
I don't think I've posted here yet, but I might as well!!!

This picture was taken when I was back in California. I just bought him... as you can see, I was very happy.

1041601526_l.jpg

Wow. :griff: Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
New theme. What's in your fridge?

I've noticed since I moved in with my girlfriend, a lot of the normal things I would always stock seemed to be dissapearing off my lists over time, and have been replaced with "healthy" alternatives. Here's a look at the loathesome appliance that was once so beloved...

door.jpg

Why the hell do we have so many different bottles of salad dressing? Suz eats salad everyday but she doesn't use the dressing we have so... I guess in case a nuclear war hits us and it becomes currency, we'll be kings. ANyway, chocolate milk is always in stock. The amount of condiments we've accumulate is just gross... One time I got tartar sauce and mayonaise mixed up... that was a bad sandwich.

in.jpg

Just ignore that tupperware in the middle... I think it's some kind of... man, I don't even want to know. It apples and cinnamon, and was good for the first few days but it's been... when was Passover? So...yeah. Yeeauuch. Of those three 12-packs, two are empty =) That's just how we roll. Oh yeah, and cheese sticks on the bottom shelf, a new pleasure of mine.

freezer.jpg

Here lies the dark secret of my weeknight dining... FROZEN DINNER HELL. I think that's Krang in a plastic bag below the Texas Toast box... Or "challa,"a jewish bread. (my girlfriend made me clarify this)

So what's in your fridge?

Forgive the poor quality camera-phone pics. I'm living with 3 other guys at college, so don't be prepared to be blown away or anything:

Nothing too special here. Just some frozen foods, of which I mostly never eat. :p

That's a 36 pack of pepsi freshly bought from Sam's Club (a godsend if you ask me). We usually go through one of these in a week (mostly it's just me though).

While technically not in the fridge, I needed to show an essential part of any college life diet: ramen!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that's a LOT of ramen. Got enough sodium in your diet? :carcus:

Together, me and my girlfriend also go through about 36 cans a week combined (3 12 packs bought every Sunday). But yeah, it's mostly me. And wine in a box? Don't you know Aaz is with the French wine police?! :isidro:

I see you've got Tyson chicken in the freezer. Good stuff. It makes the base of probably 90% of our "cooked" meals.

puella

Berserk forever
Haha, this is pretty interesting. Hey you guys need MORE fresh food!! Cut down the amount of soda and fill your fridge with vegetables. Actually, I wanted to take a picture of mine but for now it's totally empty. In a few days I'll show you a really good assortment of food. :guts:

Walter said:
Oh yeah, and cheese sticks on the bottom shelf, a new pleasure of mine.

Oh, you get to tolerate cheese now? You didn't like dairy food before, did you?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
And wine in a box? Don't you know Aaz is with the French wine police?! :isidro:

Yeah, I'll have to disapprove. :puck: I also hope it's only in the fridge because it's opened...

Hehe, that wine isn't mine though (I don't/can't drink :judo:). And yeah it's in the fridge.

Sadly, this is my regular diet until classes are over (last semester too, woohoo!). I do get to eat fresh foods every Wednesday, though (a friend of ours opens up her house to college students), so that sort of helps.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
Oh, you get to tolerate cheese now? You didn't like dairy food before, did you?
Yeah, I was also allergic to cats before moving in with Suz. Now I inhale cheese products and a cat sleeps at my feet everynight. The immune system is a glorious thing.

As for fresh foods, me and Suz are on such different schedules, we can only rarely set aside time to eat together on the weekdays. So, our efforts of going to the store to pick out fresh vegetables almost always went to waste, as they'd spoil before we had a chance to eat them. It's the kind of situation where having foods with lots of preservatives is actually necessary as opposed to just convenient. :judo:

I do remember you and Aaz' fridge being small. I'd be interested in what you could pile in there. :guts: Pics please!

puella

Berserk forever
Here are the photos of our fridge and food in general.

Box.jpg

This is a box where I put snacks. The biscuits in the right corner are called "Croquants Miel Sésame", they're sesame sticks which I am recently in and the blue packages on the left are Korean dried seaweed. You can also see two red packs of rice, chips, cookies and cereals.

Placard.jpg

I'm pretty bad at arranging stuff. There are condiments, noodles, pasta, chocolates, Bretzels, etc in the cupboard.

Condiments1.jpg

Condiments2.jpg

These are condiments.

Frigo.jpg

Frigodoor.jpg

This is a good assortment of food. =) You can see soy milk, Kinder chocolates AGAIN, French pickles (cornichons), Korean salted shrimps, etc.

Freezer.jpg
This is our freezer, the upper part of the fridge. Yeah, we are frozen food buffs. The freezer is always too small for us so we always have to compact it crazily. You can see small shrimps again yeah, I love shrimps. But this shows just a tenth of the content.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sniff, seeing all that stuff made me homesick for you guys' house in Lardy... :judo: I need to make a trip back over there sometime, or vice versa =).

Looks like Aaz has more snacks to eat these days. I remember when I went to the market and bought a few chocolate things his eyes went WIDE with ENVY :ganishka:

puella

Berserk forever
yota821 said:
(am a huge chocolate fan). :guts:
Us too. :void: We need another box to stack all the chocolate.

Walter said:
Sniff, seeing all that stuff made me homesick for you guys' house in Lardy... :judo: I need to make a trip back over there sometime, or vice versa =).
Us too. But I hope we have a bigger house when you come back.

Looks like Aaz has more snacks to eat these days. I remember when I went to the market and bought a few chocolate things his eyes went WIDE with ENVY :ganishka:
Yeah, I tried to restrict chocolate to him at that time but I've given up since. I'm the one who supply him with huge amount of chocolate and who eats it much everyday. =)

OMG, CnC, that is the sexiest thing I've ever seen in my entire life! What's that crazy monitor with the SK.net forum on it? I've never seen one vertical like that, it looks so cool. Does your room not get too hot (my comp creates a ton of heat so if you leave it on for a while, the room becomes almost unbearable)? Coolest setup ever, hehe.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Captain Napalm said:
What's that crazy monitor with the SK.net forum on it? I've never seen one vertical like that, it looks so cool. Does your room not get too hot (my comp creates a ton of heat so if you leave it on for a while, the room becomes almost unbearable)? Coolest setup ever, hehe.

Thanks. The monitor is just a regular 19" in "vertical" mode, something quite a few LCDs do now. I love it for e-mail and surfing.
And I don't really notice a heating problem in my room, I keep if fairly ventilated

Nice looking set-up... Points for Neil Gayman, but a deduction for the dust on what looks like a Coolermaster case. Also, out of curiosity, why do you have a measuring tape there?:carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
vlad said:
Nice looking set-up... Points for Neil Gayman, but a deduction for the dust on what looks like a Coolermaster case. Also, out of curiosity, why do you have a measuring tape there?:carcus:

Thanks. I wasn't really intending to show off when I posted the pic, but I'm glad people are digging it. I'm actually looking for a good set of small shelves for moving all these papers off my desk, hence the measuring tape.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Damn, CnC, that's a hot rig you're sporting there! I'm still rocking the shitty Dell my wifes Dad begrudgingly bought for our wedding..

Okay, so after finally having a day off to surf SK.net, I came to the shocking conclusion that I have the exact same fridge as Wally. Huzzah for generic appliances! Actually, I think we even share the same taste in America's greatest invention: French Fries. Anyway, here's a look-see into the chilled bowels of my bleached white fridge:

imag1136sc0.jpg
imag1138ro4.jpg

imag1137ur2.jpg

Oddly, it contains much more alcohol than I thought... you can take the man out of England, but not the overly exposed English binge drinking culture out of the man. Something like that.

Top Bottom