The New Picture Thread

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Saw this at the store and I thought our friend Oburi will enjoy it.

choco.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aaaaaaz! Branded is picking on me again!

I did watch New Moon not too long ago. All I can say is wow! It wasn't even a movie, more like a bad two hour commercial with terrible special effects. I completely disregard Twilight now as having any redeeming qualities. Its pure shit.

Just wanted to throw that out there (I'll still be harassed for the next century here :iva:).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:
Aaaaaaz! Branded is picking on me again!

I did watch New Moon not too long ago. All I can say is wow! It wasn't even a movie, more like a bad two hour commercial with terrible special effects. I completely disregard Twilight now as having any redeeming qualities. Its pure shit.

Just wanted to throw that out there (I'll still be harassed for the next century here :iva:).

*ahem* :troll:

Yeah, it's tough when they disappoint the true fans, but here's an idea that will pick you back up after you put the latest book down:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/lack-of-twilight-game-costing-millions-/1395758

This would more than make up for the loss of the Berserk PSP game, and you'd finally get to see what it's like to make love with as a vampire.

(but seriously, it took you until now to come to this revelation? I really thought the Twilight knock on you was just a joke... YIKES =)

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyway...
Just came back from a trip to New York. I went into a Japanese store and when I got to the top of the escalator, I saw this on the wall and I had to get a picture.
20100331140844newyorknec.jpg

I was like Griffith is going to love this!

And I have some more great pictures that I'll post later, these are the only ones I had on my phone. All I know (remember) is that I had such a blast that night. God it was awesome.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Just came back from a trip to New York. I went into a Japanese store and when I got to the top of the escalator, I saw this on the wall and I had to get a picture. I was like Griffith is going to love this!

Check in here where Griff already loved that. Did you get anything in there?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Freakin' Sweet...I want that on my wall! : D New York is an awesome city...makes me want to visit it again.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
Check in here where Griff already loved that. Did you get anything in there?

Oh shit! :serpico: What a hilarious coincidence. I went into that place totally by accident. Thats what I get for not checking out the Vagabond inn. My dad actually told me he would be willing to paint that on my wall in my living room. I think I might take him up on the offer (maybe for something Berserk though :guts:)

Here's me in Central park standing atop a giant rock!
20100331150513newyorkne.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
My dad actually told me he would be willing to paint that on my wall in my living room. I think I might take him up on the offer (maybe for something Berserk though :guts:)

It better be Berserk-related or I'm disowning you.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
So I had my senior art show at my university this past Wednesday! :badbone: It's something that's expected of all graduating art majors, so I spent a great deal of energy putting it all together. Thankfully, the gallery opening was a huge success, and Gobolatula was kind enough to come by and take a look at the artwork, since we live in the same general area.

24223_583498093054_7307458_34526013_4840848_n.jpg

Guess which one is me! :troll:

24223_583498127984_7307458_34526020_7868562_n.jpg

Poor Gobs had to bend his legs so that I could get my arm around him. Either I'm too short or he's too tall. :sad:

24223_583498172894_7307458_34526029_6489708_n.jpg

There's also a giant statue of St. Ignatius in the art building where the show was held. Gobs, being a natural people person, made friends with it pretty quickly.

24223_583498177884_7307458_34526030_6833368_n.jpg

... Until he tried to steal St. Ignatius's scroll, and all trust between them was abruptly broken. Made for a pretty awkward evening. :troll:

Seriously though, I had myself a pretty awesome time. I hope these photos aren't too disappointing for those of you who thought I really do spent all of my time in a Rakshas costume. :slan:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Grail said:
Guess which one is me! :troll:
...the chubby overdressed guy? Oh, wait. :farnese:

Seriously, Grail, 'twas an awesome evening and your art is top notch. It's an honor to see it up close and on display all proper like that. Cheers!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL
Uh... I can't think of a creepy enough comment right now and Gobs already stole the obvious joke from me. :mozgus:
ooh I know, looks like the real work of art here isn't the art, it's the artist! :slan:
Gobs, you're looking snazzy. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Uh... I can't think of a creepy enough comment right now

You really have beautiful feet Grail. I love how your shoes let us glimpse your delicate insteps in the second picture.

Aazealh said:
You really have beautiful feet Grail. I love how your shoes let us glimpse your delicate insteps in the second picture.

For some reason, compliments are almost always the creepiest kind of remark.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Well... goodness. :farnese: Now I feel bad for not complimenting Oburi on HIS legs. Next time! :puck:

And thanks Branded! A lot of the pieces from my show can be seen at my art blog, if you're interested; pieces from the show include the drinking fountain painting at the top and the four other paintings down in the first post.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I got a funny email today...

1001306b.jpg

This is a picture my friend sent me from my birthday almost a year ago. I was so fucked up that I don't even remember it (that's not red eye from the camera :troll:), but it's going to help me out this year. It's going to serve as a reminder to have a birthday I can remember and not get totally sick from. :guts:

Cheers guys! And congrats on your art show Grail!

turkitage

ターク
awww man!! I missed all the fun everyone was having commenting after another on the same day! I wanted to say congratulations to Grail on her artwork show and glad to see a picture of both of you. And also ask if Gobs ever brought up the subject of shaving....certain areas.. (you know) for more awkwardness. and that Gobs looks like a werido and tall. and that grail looks normal and average height. and that... and that...

well i missed all the fun everyone was having so i'm just going to say a mildly funny not at all funny comment so here goes: comment.

also - Oburi, that picture is really funny. At least you seemed like you were having a good time.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Congrats on your art show and graduation grail! : D Hoorah! Always feels good to get a major milestone like that behind you.

Oburi...that's the best picture. Glad you still advocate peace when intoxicated.

Top Bottom