The New Picture Thread

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
puella said:
Congratulations!
How peacefully they sleep! I can understand your fun even with the incubators. :iva:

By now, they must have gained a few pounds and inches.

You'll be twice busier than other daddies. However, I recommend you to use coton diapers for the pretty ladies! If it drives you crazy, you can use them alternatively with disposable ones. :SK: If you're interested, I can even instruct you on how to manage everyday-washing-diapers life.

Thanks Puella! We managed to receive almost 3,000 diapers in the baby shower. But I also got a few of the cotton ones as well. As long as they are at the house, I intend to use them. They lost a few pounds are first, but now are in the way gain it. I've fed them, washed them, take temps and change them in the NICU (natal intensive care unit). They are doing an awesome job in teaching us the cons and secrets within lol. Maaaan... I hate doing this here, but I'm just gonna post more pics lol.

DSC_0068.jpg

My personal favorite ;)

Tron_Vic.jpg

Victoria Tron

I will let send you a PM, or notify the hubby that the girls are home so you can school me :badbone: I will gladly take the offer

Gobolatula said:
Nomad, congratulations. They're adorable. Best of luck, man.
Thanks dude!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Those are some great photos, congratulations! In that last one, it looked a little like Victoria was chillin' in a tanning bed. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Give and take, for 2 we're talking about 10-15 diapers per day in a good day ;).
I am not looking forward to that aspect of parenthood... I mean, some day. :magni:

Nomad, I ask all new parents that I meet this KEY modern-day parenting question: How are you going to broach the subject of the Star Wars prequels as your children come of age? Give them all the facts and let them decide? Subtly maneuver their opinions so they don't shift to the dark side? Or simply deny that they exist (my plan)?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
I am not looking forward to that aspect of parenthood... I mean, some day. :magni:
I know you've heard this many times before. But it all changes when it's your baby, it truly is. I'd give you the whole "natural instinct kicking in" speech but something tells me you've heard them all. The main concern is the potential financial aspect of it. As long as you have a plan and stick to it, it's all good.

Walter said:
Nomad, I ask all new parents that I meet this KEY modern-day parenting question: How are you going to broach the subject of the Star Wars prequels as your children come of age? Give them all the facts and let them decide? Subtly maneuver their opinions so they don't shift to the dark side? Or simply deny that they exist (my plan)?
Ha ha! Easy... Deny, deny and deny. And by the looks of this Blu Ray ordeal, I'm leaning towards applying that to the whole saga. But it's funny, I received similar questions before. And if you think about it, it gets worst. Hannah Montana? or any of the lovely Disney channel popular shows? What ever happened to all the girly stuff that didn't imply talking back to your parents, or dressing up like a hooker? Hell... I even remember Rainbow Brite, JEM, My Little Pony, etc. Truth is, no matter what I do, kids at school will eventually turn them... Into the dark side.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Nomad, here's some Louis CK, who is the best dad in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLhC6NSlDzY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6XfTk-ouY&feature=related

He's got 2 girls. JUST LIKE YOU!

Turkitage said:
!!! Congrats Nomad!!

Btw, I LOVE the names. Victoria and Sofia are such pretty names.

I could not agree more. Beautiful girls with equally beautiful names.

I am a little late to the news as I am newer to this site, but I believe it is never a late date, even years down the road, to congratulate one into the world of fatherhood. Congratulations, Nomad. You sound so happy, and thrilled for the unfolding adventure that lies ahead of you! Like your wife in the picture I assume? Holding the girls? -- you both seem so happy. And I am happy for you! She is very beautiful, too.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Walter said:

After watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbYJBSF9vU&

When the day eventually comes when I have kids, it's going to be pure denial.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Some pics from Japan.
Wonderfest 2011
100_2335.jpg

Wanna play a game of chinchironin
100_2108.jpg

Anyone who played any of the Yakuza games on Playstation should know this scene
100_2219.jpg

100_2251.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
dsc00614g.jpg

As I do xmas shopping I can't help but buy stuff for myself. I've never seen Das Boot but I saw the 6 hour cut for 6 bucks so I had too grab it. Of course Seven Samurai criterion release for $20 was a must have. I'm ashamed I didn't have it already.

EDIT- Girlfriend sporting the shirt branded so graciously sent to me.

Oburi said:
dsc00614g.jpg

As I do xmas shopping I can't help but buy stuff for myself. I've never seen Das Boot but I saw the 6 hour cut for 6 bucks so I had too grab it. Of course Seven Samurai criterion release for $20 was a must have. I'm ashamed I didn't have it already.

EDIT- Girlfriend sporting the shirt branded so graciously sent to me.

It looks like I'm not wearing pants. grrrr

Truder said:
Maybe that's because you're not wearing any pants haha. Maybe shorts though. :serpico:

hahaha I am wearing shorts! Unfortunately short shorts, not good for pictures shorts.

My new nephew Mason and myself, taken 1/26/12
tumblr_lyykfvqxYN1qfftxwo1_400.jpg

A joke about my name
tumblr_lyykwvus8u1qfftxwo1_500.jpg

My friend and I, we were trying to point to his shirt that said "I'm kind of a big deal."
tumblr_lyyl8noaux1qfftxwo2_1280.jpg

Finally, Oburi and I (not sure of the date)
tumblr_lyyl8noaux1qfftxwo3_500.jpg

Yesterday was a fun, dangerous and challenging for me. Drove 3 and a half hours to climb Mt. Greylock in MA. I was expecting some snow and wore regular winter boots but we got ice instead for 90% of the trail up the steepest (quickest) way to the top. There were instances where I was on all fours digging my bare hands into the ice so I could pull myself up or slide down 30/40 feet/ more. My boots had grooves but didn't have spikes or the kind of grip you need to walk uphill on ice, plus I wasn't carrying ski sticks which didn't help at all. I went through 4 thick branches on my way to the top which took us 3 hours. Pit stop for 20 mins to have a sandwich and head back down. Downhill was kinda worse because you can imagine how hard it would be to come down 55/75 degree slopes that turn occasionally (20/30 feet drops if you fly off the curb heh). I slipped 8 times, lost my stick of course. One fall was bad and I couldn't stop, 25 feet into the fast slide I turned from trying to get any grip with my hands because I wouldn't stop, sliding backwards I could feel I was going off the path and when I got sideways to turn my left thigh hit a tree and I'd stopped. The descent took 2 hours, the only breaks we had were from my falls. Overall a good trip, stopped by Mexicali Blue for their famour Burritos as a reward.

On an iced lake near Cheshire, people were fishing and skiing about
2012-02-05_10-38-27_163.jpg

This's pretty much what I had to deal with throughout
2012-02-05_13-54-41_945.jpg

Right before we headed up the Thunderbolt trail
20120205_115017.jpg

We climbed up the path where there is no guard rail
20120205_141908.jpg

View from the top
20120205_142326.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I would like to do that. It reminds me of my highschool hiking club. We used to go around the state and do hiking trails throughout the year. You should have gotten metal sticks instead, for each hand.

Top Bottom