The New Picture Thread

turkitage

ターク
IncantatioN said:
Yesterday was a fun, dangerous and challenging for me. Drove 3 and a half hours to climb Mt. Greylock in MA.

Whoa, pretty cool. Glad it turned out okay and no one got hurt. But geez falling down and sliding would be pretty scary on an ice mountain.

The last two pictures are really great. Nice scenery.

Walter said:
Dude this looks hardcore! What were you thinking going up that ice mountain? For sport?
I know (!) I can't believe I climbed it haha! 10 minutes into the climb I realized there was ice and looked up, saw most of the path covered with ice till a bend about 50 feet away. After that bend there was just ice all the way to the top. It's about 1.5/1.6 miles (total vertical distance via Thunderbolt is supposedly 2,275 feet in roughly 2 miles) and was frakkin hard as hell. I wasn't expecting it to be ice'd, just a little snow on the top because I'd read online about it snowing towards the end of Jan for a bit. I guess that snow never got a chance to melt. Haha, not for sport, I wish though! I love the outdoors and gonna take every chance I get to go out. If anyone on here hikes/ climbs and has recommendations for slopes, please post em! My goal this year is to climb/ hike over at least 15 slopes.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I would like to do that. It reminds me of my highschool hiking club. We used to go around the state and do hiking trails throughout the year. You should have gotten metal sticks instead, for each hand.
You're so far :'( ... I can imagine you yelling at me to walk quicker or not slow you down haha! Yeah, I needed metal sticks/ ski poles/ ice axe with metal spike-grip boots but I wasn't expecting ice on the trail, unfortunately most of the trail was iced =_='. I definitely learnt from this and I'll be well equipped next time around. Already, I've decided to climb the same mountain next year and my goal is to shave 30/45 minutes off my climb-time from this trip.

Turkitage said:
Whoa, pretty cool. Glad it turned out okay and no one got hurt. But geez falling down and sliding would be pretty scary on an ice mountain.

The last two pictures are really great. Nice scenery.
This was the first time I fell that bad but my reflexes were better than I expected (just a bit) and I managed to dodge the twisting ankle badly/ landing face first/ landing on the knee/ hitting tree face first kinda scenarios : p

Here's a pic of the section right after The Bend ... took the pic on our way up, you can see the sort of angle we were climbing, fun.

20120205_133550-1.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK (left), me (center), and IncantatioN (right) met for pizza tonight at Lombardi's in NYC.

inc_meet.jpg

inc_pizza.jpg

inc_puck.jpg

Then we went out for drinks at a place called "Puck Fare" :puck: Had a good time. We talked Berserk and SKnet for something like 4 hours.
newisidro.gif
. We should really do it again.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Man that's awesome. I'm jealous. I want to talk Berserk with someone from Skullknight in real life :judo: Man Incantation you seem to be everywhere huh? I was considering hiking up that mountain with you because I don't live that far away from there, but after seeing your pics I'm glad I kept my lazy ass on the couch playing games :serpico:

Oburi said:
Man that's awesome. I'm jealous. I want to talk Berserk with someone from Skullknight in real life :judo:

I'm jealous too! I have no one to discuss Berserk with in real life... well, not in English, anyway. :judo: All SkullKnight members should come to Japan so we can have a meet-up! Oh yeah, and I guess we can go see the movie, too. :troll:

I guess I should post a pic, huh. Here's me with my bird, Teki.
015.jpg

Also, here's the bookmarks we got when we saw the movie! The first time my husband and I both got Guts, but the second time he got Zodd and I got Griffith. :griffnotevil:

bookmark1.jpg

They're lenticular!

bookmark2.jpg

I had a blast last night, thanks Derek and Walter! So many highlights I can think of and yeah, I'll pick up Spartacus soon. YES, we should totally hang out again!

Oburi, you can talk Berserk with Seiren ^_~. The past few weeks I've been trying to get more active to knock off some cholesterol, so I've been traveling for treks. I'm going on working-leave for 3 weeks but I plan to resume my outdoorsy activities when I get back. You're around MA? The climb that day was ... fun and dangerous. We wouldn't have had the time to talk Berserk haha!

turkitage

ターク
Oburi said:
Man Incantation you seem to be everywhere huh?

Incantation is everywhere.

Oburi said:
I was considering hiking up that mountain with you because I don't live that far away from there, but after seeing your pics I'm glad I kept my lazy ass on the couch playing games :serpico:

You should next time, it would be a good experience. Plus, Incantation is one of the nicest people you'll meet.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Those are some cute little munchkins you've got there, Mazinken! Are they twins?

StarKodama, that's awesome that you got to see the Berserk movie in theaters. Your bookmarks look neat, too. And you've got a cute bird, what else can you possibly want?

Walter, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That pizza looks delicious. It makes me wish that there were more Berserk fans near my house. :judo:

Cute kids mazinken, and congrats on the bundle of joy on his way this month!

Grail said:
Walter, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That pizza looks delicious. It makes me wish that there were more Berserk fans near my house. :judo:
Move to the East coast maan :SK:

Turkitage said:
Plus, Incantation is one of the nicest people you'll meet.
tumblr_lmokrit0uY1qafrh6.gif

Ditto man, ditto! It'll be fun to hang out again ^_^.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Grail said:
WEST COAST MEETUP?! Fanime was fun with you and Gobs, sucks I had to miss out on seeing you last year though. :judo: If the Berserk movie comes to SF we all have to go. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Dar Klink said:
WEST COAST MEETUP?! Fanime was fun with you and Gobs, sucks I had to miss out on seeing you last year though. :judo: If the Berserk movie comes to SF we all have to go. :guts:
Most definitely! :guts: In either case, I hope we can hang out at Fanime this year as well. We can go on another quest for Berserk gashapons!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
StarKodama said:
There are Berserk gatchapon?! How did I not know this?! I wonder if they're selling any right now... :isidro:
Yup! A thread was made about them here. Gobs, Darklink and I found a vendor or two selling them at Fanime a few years back.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Hey everyone! On Monday, February 20, 2012, my daughter, Violet Isabella was born =)

Here are some pics of the little cupcake:

261nejm.jpg

rcoxl1.jpg

5y82fk.jpg

jzjtg.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty much the happiest man in the world =)

Top Bottom