The Powers That Be

At the moment, there are four different groups which are Guts and Co., the Holy See Alliance, the Kushan empire, and Griffith's Army. Who do you think will clash into each other first and who do you think will become allies? (I know that countries that border the kushan empire have been at war for centuries and that griffith has made a few assults on the kushans and so on so dont murder me :judo:)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
GriffithZero said:
At the moment, there are four different groups which are Guts and Co., the Holy See Alliance, the Kushan empire, and Griffith's Army. Who do you think will clash into each other first and who do you think will become allies? (I know that countries that border the kushan empire have been at war for centuries and that griffith has made a few assults on the kushans and so on so dont murder me :judo:)
Well, much of this question can be answered by checking out the current events. That being said, the question is sort of irrelevant.

The Holy See Alliance's Armies are already being slaughtered by Ganishka's Daka and Makara. And with the Pontiff under Griffith's wing, I think it will be no time at all before the Holy See won't really be a seperate entity at all from Griffith's Falconian Army :griff:.

As for Guts... does his little band really count as a major power when put in this context? (No.)

Basically:

-Griffith/God Hand and associated misc.

-Kushan

-Misc. unknown powers, which includes Guts and co., the Elf King, Skull Knight and such. Relevant, but not powers so much as independant players, not at all united or coherent.

Hell, even with Guts group there's tension - Serpico is only staying for Farnese, who is mostly there for Casca and Schierke, and Shierke's mostly there for Guts and from her mentor's command, and Isidro, who's only mostly there to learn Guts moves. And those other two dudes, who are really only there by accident and from their own motives.

The other misc. entities (eg Skull Knight, Elves, various kingdoms and unknowns) are even less united.

Though Guts does seem to be somewhat of an unintentional bringer-together of some of those misc forces, we've yet to see how that's going to be played out amongst and relate to the larger (Griffith/Kushan) and smaller (Griffith/Guts) and even larger (Guts/Skull Knight vs God Hand) conflicts.

Me, I'm looking forward to it all. :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't think every single character or group in the series can be compared in this manner, as I've said in my previous post. However, if you're simply listing the different associations in the series, regardless of how large or politically significant they are, you're leaving out the Midland Resistance, with ex-Minister Foss and ex-Sir Raban

We're probably also leaving out several possible groups active, yet unseen. There's the Daka Liberation Front [D.L.F.], the Makara Better Treatment Coalition [M.B.T.C.], the Tortured, Urinated on, Raped and Discredited Society [T.U.R.D.S.], and how could we ever leave out the Troll Abuse and Mutilation Mitigation [T.A.M.M.]). Also, YOU FORGOT POLAND.

As for Guts' Band, they're more tightly woven than you give them credit for. Serpico's rivalry and thus, his relationship with Guts has drastically changed since their duel. It's now clear that both Farnese and Serpico are with Guts for the long haul. They had their chance to leave, and didn't. Also, Magnifico and Roderick have earned the right to at least get their names right... not just "two dudes."

The other misc. entities (eg Skull Knight, Elves, various kingdoms and unknowns) are even less united.
So... what are the implications of this? That the elves aren't going to join the battlefield to fight the Kushans? :isidro:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Walter said:
We're probably also leaving out several possible groups active, yet unseen. There's the Daka Liberation Front [D.L.F.], the Makara Better Treatment Coalition [M.B.T.C.], the Tortured, Urinated on, Raped and Discredited Society [T.U.R.D.S.], and how could we ever leave out the Troll Abuse and Mutilation Mitigation [T.A.M.M.]). Also, YOU FORGOT POLAND

I think you also forgot the Chimimôryô Against Abuse by Elves Coalition [C.A.A.B.E.C.]

Top Bottom