WIP Commisioned Headlong berserk armor kit.

The flames on the base I could have done without, but the amazing finish you were some how able to put on the armor more than makes up for them. Amazing work; you've instilled life within that piece.

deathbybears said:
The flames on the base I could have done without

Well, they aren't finished yet.
I'm aiming for this look so they will be less cartooney/plastic looking in the end.
It will take a few days to complete the fire/flames as the acrylic gel I am using has to set in between layers.
I am aiming to finish the whole thing by weekend next.

Re: Surprise ....

The Dragon Slayer's look after some trolls/apostle slaughter....

DSC06466_.JPG

More volume to the flames:

The gel cures totally transparent and will then receive multiple layers of transparent reds, yellows and oranges (sans peel ;P)

More to come... :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Joa said:
I'm aiming for this look so they will be less cartooney/plastic looking in the end.

I'm amazed every time I see that Eva piece. The flames look excellent in their final form on that particular item. Can't wait to see this when you're finished with it.

Flame: On!

DSC06497_.JPG

After the flames were built up with more gel medium + painted:

The top gel coat hasn't dried completely which gives the slightly whitish appearance at the bottom of the flames... ^^

More to come... :guts:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
That is one hell of a good job, I just wanted to know why you did the DS in two parts, was it for detail, stability, or does it make it easier?

Guts' intestines said:
just wanted to know why you did the DS in two parts, was it for detail, stability, or does it make it easier?

For one the DS is originally cast in several pieces for this kit (though for this recast copy it is only 2; the handle and the blade), but yes .. it makes handling the kit much easier.

Joa said:
For one the DS is originally cast in several pieces for this kit (though for this recast copy it is only 2; the handle and the blade), but yes .. it makes handling the kit much easier.

And shipping is it a lot safer too. =)

Done

Before and after weathering the armor.
Here you can also see the evolution of the flames:

DSC06435_.JPG
DSC06509_.JPG

Detail of the weathered armor (some of the oil paint hasn't dried completely in any of these pics):

DSC06521_.JPG
DSC06522_.JPG

After the final clear cote on the flames:

DSC06519_.JPG

Some more detail shots:

DSC06510_.JPG
DSC06512_.JPG

DSC06516_.jpg

tork.JPG
<= tucked away safely to dry...

As usual I will find things to add paint wise in the days to come, but for now I like to think of the figure as done.
I'll post better pics in a separate thread before shipping.

More to come.. I think... ^^´

Top Bottom