Media Blaster's Berserk episode 1 thoughts

Rod_Su

I might be crazier than you think.
Watch the first episode of Berserk at my local anime shop. The episode was a Media Blaster mini-DVD with the sample episode. There are no dub on the show, and the end credit are blank for now. There is also no dub on the sample disk, so I cannot comment on that.

The episode prologue is of course in English over a blank screen, like the R2 version.

The Snake Baron refered himself as Servant, rather than the more specific term Apostle, which is the term I've seen used in both Chinese translated manga and English fan sites. It isn't really much of a point of contention for the 25 episodes of anime. It is rather significant for the rest of the manga that they be call Apostles.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Well, so far in the Japanese Anime, I ain't seen the word Apostle as yet, The Snake Baron and Zodd are just referred to as Monsters, so servants doesn't seem so bad. And I am glad they are using Guts as the name, Gatts sounds too friendly. If you say Guts right, it makes it sound more beefy, which is a good thing of course :p

Well, so far in the Japanese Anime, I ain't seen the word Apostle as yet, The Snake Baron and Zodd are just referred to as Monsters, so servants doesn't seem so bad.
Doesn't the Snake Apostle say the word "shito" ("Apostle") himself? ^^;

Uriel

Can't say I was listening for words which I don't know, seeing as I don't speak a word of Japanese, my refference was from the Subbing... which must of been wrong. ???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say I was listening for words which I don't know, seeing as I don't speak a word of Japanese, my refference was from the Subbing... which must of been wrong. ???
Well, fansubs arent normally known for their accurate interpretations. Rather, they are known for blatant wisdespread piracy 8) Which means nothing, since I have hordes of them in my house.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well you looked pretty confused when you came upon your epiphany of "could fansubs NOT be accurate?"

Uriel

But now all the confusion has cleared, thanx to you alone. The maelstrom inside me has subsided, and now I can look forward to a better life. ;D

kameshell

trying is the first step towards failure
when is anime works aka media blaster thinking of releasing the series? I still see nothing listed on their site about the series. Now if they could only push a translation of the comic book.

Also, I hope they don't fuck anything up. I hate the way media blaster release their dvds.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
when is anime works aka media blaster thinking of releasing the series? I still see nothing listed on their site about the series. Now if they could only push a translation of the comic book.

Also, I hope they don't fuck anything up. I hate the way media blaster release their dvds.
Everyone is saying May 2002. Including Pepsican err I mean animeondvd.com

Top Bottom