Gutts vs Zodd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to this page so i dont know if this has been discussed before, but after the first time Gutts and Zodd fight, do they ever fight again? i have been a Berserk fan for just over a year now but i do not read online scans, so i only have read up to what darkhorse has released

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Guts vs Zodd

Hi BestialDevastation, welcome to SK.net.

BestialDevastation said:
Im new to this page so i dont know if this has been discussed before, but after the first time Guts and Zodd fight, do they ever fight again?

Yes, they fight again later on in the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

BestialDevastation said:
How many times? could you please tell me in which volumes?(i assume from the cover that they fight in vol 16)

They've fought once more until now, in volume 22. Zodd isn't in volume 16. You could also count their encounter in the Dreamcast game as valid, but it isn't featured in the manga.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

BestialDevastation said:
vol 16 has a very misleading cover, or is that some other apostle on the cover?

I can tell you it's not Zodd, but as for who or what it is... No idea. Just some random monster. We don't see it in the volume itself.

SlimJ87D

Apollo

Yeah, the encounter in the dreamcast game should count.

I wonder how that fight would have went in the manga, and how did Zodd not kill Guts. Surviving 3 encounters with Zodd, that's insane. Not only that, he had to fight that crazy guy in the end too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

SlimJ87D said:
I wonder how that fight would have went in the manga, and how did Zodd not kill Guts. Surviving 3 encounters with Zodd, that's insane. Not only that, he had to fight that crazy guy in the end too.
To quote Flora, "Look at the truth in front of your eyes. He is still alive." :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

SlimJ87D said:
I wonder how that fight would have went in the manga, and how did Zodd not kill Guts.

Well, just like he didn't kill him in the DC game: they fought for a while and then he went away because he had other stuff to do.

firewithin

let it accumulate and grow; your heart's hatred

I don't wanna raise pulses here, but people should stop asking factoids. And no more "who do you think will win if Guts & Zodd" fight again. If they do fight and if Guts is to kill Zodd, it won't be a stand-alone event, and not one about to happen anytime soon.

SlimJ87D

Apollo

firewithin said:
I don't wanna raise pulses here, but people should stop asking factoids. And no more "who do you think will win if Guts & Zodd" fight again. If they do fight and if Guts is to kill Zodd, it won't be a stand-alone event, and not one about to happen anytime soon.

Did you even read his question? This isn't a VS topic, vote or who would win. He was just asking a question.

firewithin

let it accumulate and grow; your heart's hatred

Nonetheless, simple factoids may be found in the encyclopedia. It's just that there is too much constant talk about Guts fight with Zodd and possible future encounters.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

gh-zodd said:
they fight again in the ps2 game

If you're referring to the fight on the hill of swords, the one in the game was based off of the one in Vol. 22 of the manga (episodes 180-182).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

gh-zodd said:
the very end of the ps2 game - that was not in the manga

Yeah, and since it's in direct contradiction with what's in the manga it's worth nothing. It just didn't happen, and Grunberd wasn't killed by Guts either. That's the reason I didn't mention it, it doesn't even deserve to be (it's really not too far from fanfiction). The same applies to Guts fighting the Kelpie in Enoch or all the other stuff that happened differently or was simplified in the game (such as Griffith being incarnated directly during the Occultation instead of becoming Femto), we should only count the manga as canon in cases like these.

Anyway this thread's topic has been resolved, so I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom