Sopranos!

Anyone here watch the Sopranos?  I'm all caught up and waiting for the last season.  Too bad I don't have HBO, I'll be waiting for the dvds.

I hear there is going to be 20 episodes.  12, a short break, and then the final 8.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
OMG, it's teh LAST SEASON... again... for maybe only the second to last time! :troll:

Jesus, the "last season" of The Sopranos is like "second season" of Berserk. For a troubled mafioso, Tony sure does hang around like a fart in a paper bag. I heard they're making a movie too. That, combined with trying to get the actors to film a million episodes while under contract, tact on seasons, and two year breaks between new episodes; the show itself is almost criminal (not to mention the awful season where the episodes were just randomly jerked together and full of terrible family subplots in what I'm sure will be explained to me as some sort of brilliant creative artistic expression... that sucked).

All that being said, I'm seriously considering watching it tonight. =)

I really liked the sopranos when it first came out, but it seems that it becomes more and more random each season. That doesn't mean I dont like it though. And who really can get tired of Tony's wacky dreams?

It is the last season, griffage.  The one and only last season.  The show has gone down hill, but it is good enough for me to want to see the end.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
pippin22 said:
It is the last season, griffage. The one and only last season. The show has gone down hill, but it is good enough for me to want to see the end.
They've said it before. It's the same as saying "Kojima's LAST Metal Gear game!" But, hey, maybe this one really is the last one. I don't see how David Chase could milk the franchise anymore (wait, I'm sensing something... disturbing. It's .. it's a.. saturday morning cartoon version?! Nooooo!)

As everyone's said previously, it started out great. Seasons 1 and 2 were gold. But, I stopped watching the show seriously after season 4. Since then, I've just gotten updates from one of my friends that still watches it like a slave. I just personally couldn't take the pace of the show... It's more of a cocktease than Lost, and even that's giving the show too much credit... Ugh, Lost.

Griffith

pippin22 said:
It is the last season, griffage.  The one and only last season.  The show has gone down hill, but it is good enough for me to want to see the end.

Like former last seasons four and five, that remains to be seen. Also, seasons don't usually have breaks in the middle of them. So it's like Final Season 6-1 followed by Final Season 6-2. Sounds like a Square-EA-Enix production.

Walter said:
They've said it before.  It's the same as saying "Kojima's LAST Metal Gear game!"  But, hey, maybe this one really is the last one.  I don't see how David Chase could milk the franchise anymore (wait, I'm sensing something... disturbing. It's .. it's a.. saturday morning cartoon version?! Nooooo!)

saurpranos.jpg

Spin-off/Crossover baby! :troll:

Remember when Chase was all about the four season plan because he didn't want to milk the series and dilude episode quality? Oh well, and the additional seasons probably would have been better served had he planned for them too. Worst of both worlds. :carcus:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing

oh..my god. ahaha I was drinking something when I was reading this topic and when I saw that picture I literally shot pepsi out my nose.

ahh, thank you "GNM" for providing countless hours of entertainment for me.

As for the topic; well, I watched the first couple seasons on DVD, but I haven't seen anything since like, the third season. I'm not going to bother getting back into Sopranos now, too busy to try and catch up. It is a good series, despite the fact almost every season is "OMG LAST SEASON!". probably just a way for HBO to draw more attention to the series.

Griffith

Ugh, it was a total David Chase yankfest yet again; another hour of useless non sequiturs.

"The Critically Acclaimed Waste of Time!" -Wally B.

I found it amusing when Junior shot Tony because he said he was one of the names his uncle was paranoid of. Damn altzeimers, it'd be funny if it weren't so tragic.

All I have to say is why the hell was he eating sushi, NO WAY IN HELL is a MOBster gonna take sushi over spaghetti,meatballs and tomato sauce I don't care what you say.

dwarfkicker said:
I found it amusing when Junior shot Tony because he said he was one of the names his uncle was paranoid of.  Damn altzeimers, it'd be funny if it weren't so tragic.

What was funnier was that strange babble his uncle said right before he shot him.

A let down, just what I expected. They really could have saved face with this last season. But no, they still threw useless nonsense at us, even in the LAST EPISODE EVER. "Boo", I say. I've watched them all since the series began, GOOD RIDDANCE.

i thought my comp froze at the last part... but no, cut to black... i was confused and felt let down until i did some research... in the first epi of part 2 to season 6, bobby and tony are fishing and talking about being whacked... bobby says something along the lines of if you didnt seeing coming, maybe your lights would just go out... this foreshadowed tonys death... bullets travel faster than the speed of sound and if one was shot and died instantly, they wouldnt even hear the gun shot... tony was focusing on the door and therefore didnt pay close enough attention to people in the place that were out to get him and just didnt see it coming(neither did the viewer)... it faded to black the instant he died... the guy at the counter was phils nephew... the hits may have been put to bed but personal grudges were not... the trucker guy in the back was from season 2... chris' crew killed a trucker and that was this guys brother... the two african americans that walked in were also from season two... they were the ones who tried to kill tony in his car... so anyone of these people could have done it... so all in all, a strange way to end it but not a unsatisfactory as my first impressions

Psymont 2.0 said:
i thought my comp froze at the last part... but no, cut to black... i was confused and felt let down until i did some research... in the first epi of part 2 to season 6, bobby and tony are fishing and talking about being whacked... bobby says something along the lines of if you didnt seeing coming, maybe your lights would just go out... this foreshadowed tonys death... bullets travel faster than the speed of sound and if one was shot and died instantly, they wouldnt even hear the gun shot... tony was focusing on the door and therefore didnt pay close enough attention to people in the place that were out to get him and just didnt see it coming(neither did the viewer)... it faded to black the instant he died... the guy at the counter was phils nephew... the hits may have been put to bed but personal grudges were not... the trucker guy in the back was from season 2... chris' crew killed a trucker and that was this guys brother... the two african americans that walked in were also from season two... they were the ones who tried to kill tony in his car... so anyone of these people could have done it... so all in all, a strange way to end it but not a unsatisfactory as my first impressions

Ohhhh yea. I forgot about that. Well, buh bye Tony, it's been real.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I followed this whole season episode by episode, but missed the finale :troll:

I don't really regret it. Well, I regret spending 20+ hours in front of my computer watching them but... I'll still probably watch this finale.

Does Paulie survive?

I was reading this... http://boards.hbo.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800008702&start=2835&tstart=0 people are saying a lot of things... I like the ending now. :troll:

I have to say, I loved the ending, but only after contemplating what the fade meant. I'm fairly confident it did mean Tony's death, and that was about as good a way to do it as possible. David Chase never wanted the show to be The Godfather, or Goodfellas, with stylized deaths. I suppose that was the least stylized way to kill off Tony.

So yeah, I liked the ending.

Gah, fixed it. I left out a / in the spoiler tag. That's actually entirely open to interpretation though, so it was only spoiled if you accept my interpretation as fact.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I went ahead and watched the final scene.

I actually kind of liked it. It hit all the right notes, imo. Had what you thought was going to happen had happened it would have been very similar to every gangster movie you've seen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
bph said:
David Chase never wanted the show to be The Godfather, or Goodfellas, with stylized deaths.
That's some BS. What about all the stylized deaths that occured earlier this season alone? That slow-motion one in the restaurant with Silvio ... can't get much more stylized (and awesome, by the way) than that.

Top Bottom