Black Sun Over Midland?

You guys talked a little bit about Olivier. Do you guys have any news from him ? I guess that when he left sk.net he never came back... I'm feeling nostalgic about old times when he used to post here... I don't come very often since a little bit after that time...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Shurikn said:
You guys talked a little bit about Olivier. Do you guys have any news from him ? I guess that when he left sk.net he never cacme back...

He logged on briefly last year, but he's not been active since.

Aazealh said:
He logged on briefly last year, but he's not been active since.
With a new account ?? He deleted his account when he left... a bit after skull lord's story if my memory is right.

Thanks anyways..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shurikn said:
You guys talked a little bit about Olivier. Do you guys have any news from him ?
Well, me and Aaz met him last summer in Paris. Here's a rundown of the event:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4597.msg94856#msg94856

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Olivier was way before I joined these boards, but I've read a lot of topics where people mention one thing or another about him and he sounded like a very cool guy. Not to mention pretty much a walking Berserk encyclopedia (who knows more about Berserk, Olivier or Aaz?).

Anyways, he seemed very cool. That's a pretty funny story Walter (meeting Olivier). I think I would be flat out frightened if some fellow Berserk nerdies showed up at my house.. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
who knows more about Berserk, Olivier or Aaz?

Geez, do we really need to compare people like that? Olivier, Wally, Griff, me... It's not a contest, I think it should be enough to say that we all know a lot. Anyway Olivier speaks Japanese fluently and I certainly don't, that makes him a flat-out winner (plus he's got a legendary aura now :badbone:).

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yes, your right, it's wrong to try to compare people like that. Just having some fun, thats all :guts:

I hope he decides to return to the boards, one day.. It would be great to meet, er, post with him.

Walter said:
I'd love for some of the old BSOM members to post their memories of the site. The thread may even turn into a kind of late eulogy :judo:

Great site.....though for a time it seemed almost daily that we saw the "berserk season 2" posts.

I lurked mostly.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Walter said:
Well, there was that dark side, :void: but there were also some great early discussions about Gaiseric and Skull Knight's origins. One elaborated on the Roman period connection. I also remember some ridicuous, but well researched theory Skully had of why Miura chose not to show Griffith's face in the unmasking scene of volume 10.

Do you recall exactly what that thread was entitled Walter?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Do you recall exactly what that thread was entitled Walter?
Well, it was over 5 years ago so nope. Probably something with "Griffith" and "mask" though. :guts: Why do you ask?

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I was curious what his theory was as I've been poking around on the archived pages. I have yet to find anything of particular interest but I do see how the discussions were well focused.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
I was curious what his theory was
Pulling from memory (my memory sucks too, ask anyone), the theory basically boiled down to elaborating on the psychological effect the torturer left on The Hawks by leaving Griffith's face virtually unscathed, while his body was a horror. Skully brought in big words and real-life examples of this, such that college professors are prone to do from time to time, so it sounded much more well-grounded and convincing than similar theories I've heard on the subject. However, as it stands, we can clearly see much of the damage on Griffith's face, therefore the possibility that it was left "unscathed" is pretty slim.

Top Bottom