Fans of other anime/mangas?

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Zetaman cetainly looks good, I'll have to pick it up. Can't stand Gantz though, it tries to be too serious with it's WTF monsters.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Currently caught up with/reading:

Berserk
GANTZ
Death Note
One Piece

I've never tried to keep up with 4 manga before. It's difficult. :schierke:

I'd like to be caught up on Fullmetal Alchemist too, but well, I'm not. :puck:

I'm not really into recent anime....but as a manga I recommend 20th century boys. Great story with well designed characters.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Altered_Beast.mp.gif

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Well instead of making a new thread, lets use this one.

I love Anime and Manga but I havent watched anything enjoyable in a long time, or to be more specific, anything new recently. I still watch One Piece on a regular basis but othe then that, nothing is seeming appealing. Naruto and Bleach seem to still be on the Filler arcs for god knows how long.

So fellow SK'ers. What are some good pieces of Anime to watch? I'm pretty open to anything so I will give anything a shot!

The manga and manwha titles I regularly read are Berserk (of course!), Hellsing, Trigun Maximum, Vagabond, Bastard!!, Fullmetal Alchemist, Saiyuki, Priest, Rebirth, Pilgrim Jager, Devil May Cry 3, and sometimes Inuyasha. Because I'm female I tried some shojo titles, but only stuck with Tramps Like Us and Nana.

BTW, Tokyopop's releasing the next volume of Priest this coming November. Thank God. I was really missing Ivan.

And I'm currently collecting Vertigo's Lucifer series. The last issue arrived today and I'm in mourning to see this great series end. I'm trying to decide if I should try 100 Bullets, Loveless, or Fable. Vertigo has published some decent stuff, like Preacher and Sandman.

I've been on deadlines and haven't had much time for watching anime, but I'm currently buying Samurai 7, Gankutsuou, and I just picked up the last DVD for Yukikaze.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
miurafan said:
Devil May Cry 3
*BARF* No offense, but this is probably one of the worst spin offs I've ever wasted my money on.

miurafan said:
BTW, Tokyopop's releasing the next volume of Priest this coming November. Thank God. I was really missing Ivan.
You have redeemed yourself in my eyes! I was wonder what the heck was taking so long.

As for myself, I haven't read anything anyone here hasn't already read since my first post in the thread. I did start watching an anime called Ergo proxy though. Not the best I've ever seen, but still extremely good. It's hard to predict where the story is going, and at times it's quite confusing. It tries to be a little philosophical at times but it has yet to really do anything groundbreaking. Seems like it's building up to something, but it still has the potential to fall on its face. You might want to sheck it out.

I've also been meaning to start reading Dogs: Blood and Carnage which I've heard good things about. I've read a bit but not enough to know if I really like it.

Vaxillus said:
*BARF* No offense, but this is probably one of the worst spin offs I've ever wasted my money on.
You have redeemed yourself in my eyes! I was wonder what the heck was taking so long.

Not that I feel any need to be redeemed, but thank you. :guts: DMC isn't great, but I like Dante. He amuses me. I have no idea why it took TP so long to bring out Priest #15. They released Min-Woo Hyung's art book back in October, and the book is very pretty (I bought it) but more timely volumes would've been better. I just wonder if there was something going on with licensing and the new Priest movie.

It's hard to tell for sure, but it also seems as if they have a different cover artist for this volume. It doesn't look like Raymond Swanland's work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
miurafan said:
I have no idea why it took TP so long to bring out Priest #15. They released Min-Woo Hyung's art book back in October, and the book is very pretty (I bought it) but more timely volumes would've been better.

This quote is still true:

Aazealh said:
It's up to volume 16 in Korea and still going. It's coming out more slowly these days

The author has slowed down a lot, so it could make sense for the US publisher to delay the local releases as to not make fans wait too long in-between volumes. At least that's my best guess.

i watched bleach up til the end of the last arc and then said forget it... closure was poor, threat was low(not one single person died despite impalement) and build ups led to nothing(old man vs those two guys where nothing was shown and ichigos alternate which lasted all of 1 min...)... i understand why people like it but its just not for me...

S

smoke

I'm more of an anime guy than a manga guy. I've only read Berserk, Hellsing, FMA, FLCL, Alien Nine, Cowboy Bebop, and my girlfriend has forced me to read part of Absolute Boyfriend.  :puck:

I've seen something like 30 animes, though.

I dont read to many other mangas, though I do watch a good bit of anime, most of which ahs been mentioned here.

I tend to read the Guyver manga quite a bit and no, its not nearly as bad as the movie with Mark Hamill. Its got some awesome creature designs and the Guyvers Gigantic armor is pretty damn awesome.

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the only guy here who actually watched the new animated guyver series :badbone:
I'm mean seeing Gigantic animated have to mean something....

Anyway, on to my favorite manga's which actually only includes Berserk, so that's a pretty short list :guts:

As for anime, well that list is a tad longer.....

All of the gundam series and movies (except ZZ)
Dragonball Z and GT (yeah, yeah I know, I was young so forgive me for my shortcomings)
Guyver (both)
FMA
Berserk
Hellsing (both)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (tried watching the first one but it was just to lame)
Evangelion
Akira
Nausicaa of the valley of the wind
Ninja Scroll
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the shell (movies and series)
Space Runaway Ideon (Tomino Kill' Em All in his prime)
Robotech
Spirited Away
Yakitate Japan
Teknoman (or tekkaman blade)
Tekkaman Blade 2

I think my list would go on but these are the only one I could come up with out the top of my head

Refelian said:
I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the only guy here who actually watched the new animated guyver series  :badbone:
I'm mean seeing Gigantic animated have to mean something....

I watched the old OAV, the movie, the live action movies, and the new series. The new series was the best out of all of them but for some reason it felt lacking and I'm not sure what though the gigantic armor was pretty cool to see in action, even if for 1 ep.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Other than Berserk, the other anime and manga I tend to enjoy, and that I can think of off the top of my head are:

Manga

Trigun Maximum
Fullmetal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin
Excel Saga (stupid is good!)
Ghost in the Shell
Hellsing

Anime

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin (OVAs were especially good)
Excel Saga
Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
Hellsing
Blood Reign
Elfen Lied
Gungrave
Perfect Blue
Paranoia Agent
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Unfortunetely Berserk has tainted my veiws on other manga and anime quite a bit. It's really hard to compare.

As a kid I loved the living fuck out of DBZ, and to a lesser extent Gundam Wing, so I have a soft spot for both of those that I won't apologize for.

Gundam SEED is an interesting series despite the art being completely gay and generic(every main character aside from one has the EXACT SAME FUCKING FACE, with only hair styles and voices to help distinguish characters and their sex).

Gundam Stardust memory was really good, and so was the one of "Char's revenge" movie, or whatever gundam movie it was with Char coming back. Ghost in the shell is another good series, and DeathNote was downright entertaining for the length that I read.

When it comes to other manga series, I also like Blade of the Immortal, Air Gear, Crying Freeman, Ghost in the Shell, Basilisk, Vagabond (one of the few titles, which Viz had treated with respect that it deserves), Fist of the North Star, and The King of Wolves (which :miura: himself had co-authored). There are bunch of other titles that I'm a fan of, but I'm too damn lazy to write them all down right now.

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
My manga collection consists of Berserk, Great Teacher Onizuka, Bastard!!, Trigun, some Hellsing, some Bleach, Azumanga Daioh, Cromartie High School, some Excel Saga, and the Vampire Hunter D novels.

My anime looks pretty much the same, with a few exceptions. I have Gankutsuou and Texhnolyze, and the Slayers movies.

I have a pretty wide range of tastes. Berserk is still my favorite though.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anime. Manga
Akira Berserk
Ghost In the shell(both movies+half of first series) Rurouni Kenshin
X (Series+Movie) Death Note
Rurouni Kenshin(2 first seasons+OVA's+movie) Eden
Cowboy Beepop(Movie) Blade of the Immortal
Princess Mononoke Hellsing
New Fist of the North Star (all the episodes) Battle Royal
Kite:uncut
Mezzo Forte (OVA+series)
Midnight Panther
Mystery of the Necronomicon
Ninja Scroll (Movie+Series)
Ninja Ressurection
Sword for Truth
Gantz(entire series)
Twelve Kingdoms (First season only :'()
Kyo (entire series)
Wicked City
Demon City Shinjoku
Biohunter
Pet Shop of horror
Twilight of the Dark Master
Urotsukidoji
Perfect Blue
Y's legacy
Samurai Champloo(first dvd only)
Appleseed
Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
Berserk (entire series) Thats it I think...Ive seen more anime though, like Loddos, Blood and Dead Leaves.

-Homunculus (pretty weird manga)
-GANTZ (stopped reading few weeks back)
-Death Note
-Berserk
-20th Century Boys (didnt finish)

I had to format my PC! :judo: :judo: So i lost all my manga..
Im getting in Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal..

Top Bottom