Episode 270

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 仙将(パラマリシヤ・センアーンイー) - Wizard General

06v06.jpg

Looks like a demonic duck from that view :guts:

I can't wait for this episode. The last one was so awesome.

Any takers on how many episodes Guts will remain in his Berserker state? I say no more than two more eps.

EDIT

Actually, upon further inspection it looks awesome, mainly because I can see a whole nother helmet design in their. Looking at it from that angle, look at the teeth as if they were the neck guard, and then look at the lowest points of the eyes as if that were where Guts' mouth would be, the nose obviously between the eyes, and his eye(s) where the main part of the eyes are. Kinda like a metallic Spawn (or Dark Ages Spawn).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Same title as before, huh? Interesting. I guess it fits.

Yeah, but they're usually numbered in cases like these, it might just be (probably is) an error from the guys at YA.com.

CnC

Ad Oculos
cant wait... looks pretty good.

considering how quickly he's takin' out the makara I don't see them as being a threat for much longer. Which is good 'cause I want the focus to be on Sheirke.

Heh, the helmet looks a hell of a lot bigger there than it seems to be previously. :beast: :chomp:

Can't wait until friday. It's going to be great.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Don't be afraid to edit the title to 剣獣 (2), Aaz :badbone:

The image itself looks excellent, especially the angle from which we're viewing the Armour, but aside from the little thing in his right eye.. it's not really worth getting hyped up over this. 'Looking forward to the 10th, though. It feels like it's been forever...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ariyn said:
Heh, the helmet looks a hell of a lot bigger there than it seems to be previously.

Looks about the same to me, just a close-up from a different angle.

Bleak Harvest said:
Don't be afraid to edit the title to 剣獣 (2), Aaz :badbone:

I'll add a (2) to the title if I see it written like that. No reason to do it otherwise, especially since Miura would have put a (1) to the title of 269 if he had planned things that way.

King-2E

I'll kick him in the head
looks almost as if he's calm, hence the angle, position of the head and the closed mouth.

Maybe schierke is calming him temporarily. In either case, its a new perspective on the usually intense and brooding beast-guts

Akin

MOOO!!!
Walter said:
Thank you all for your careful detective work.

Looking forward to this episode, and hoping to find the answer to why the Beast breaking the fourth wall.

Does Guts's helmet look different in this panel? : :schierke:

(sadly, that comment doesn't seem that far off from what half of these people are saying...)

... anyways, I'm wondering what Schierke is thinking other than "So that's what the inside of a makara's brain looks like!"

And as for the person who said he thought his post previous was deleted (though i can't seem to find that now either), I have no idea what you are talking about :serpico:

Akin said:
Does Guts's helmet look different in this panel? : :schierke:
Well the thing is it has change from the first time we saw it when the eyes where a simple but cool Z shape. What happened is the face has got longer and the eyes have became more dramatic with more sharp angles. If you look at 269 again, pages 10-11 you can see this new shape, the preview has just highlighted it. What I find interesting about it is that it reminds me of Guts face when he gets angry, when it wrinkles up at the bridge of his nose and forehead. I think the armour is just getting really in tune with anger and just taking it's natural progression into the form of it's owner.

CnC

Ad Oculos
wonderland reject said:
Well the thing is it has change from the first time we saw it when the eyes where a simple but cool Z shape. What happened is the face has got longer and the eyes have became more dramatic with more sharp angles. If you look at 269 again, pages 10-11 you can see this new shape, the preview has just highlighted it. What I find interesting about it is that it reminds me of Guts face when he gets angry, when it wrinkles up at the bridge of his nose and forehead. I think the armour is just getting really in tune with anger and just taking it's natural progression into the form of it's owner.

he was being sarcastic... (hence :schierke:)

over-analyzing the previews is common, but this really isn't much of a change in design rather a new angle we're viewing it from... there's no real need to go any further than that.

I was just picking the last person to say it because its more interesting to interact on forums than just post a view. Got to admit I didn't pick up on the sarcasm, not really knowing what the faces mean yet, but thanks for pointing it out to me. I always over analyzing this stuff so your probably right.

I found that the title of the episode 270 is: "仙将(パラマリシヤ・センアーンイー)" not "剣獣".

And it's maybe related to Daiba....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
wonderland reject said:
umm for us lowly people who have no idea what this mean could someone please explain?
We'll have to wait for a proper translation, but Google Translate says: "Military Officer."

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
over-analyzing the previews is common, but this really isn't much of a change in design rather a new angle we're viewing it from... there's no real need to go any further than that.

No need, huh!? :carcus:

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

BA3.jpg

First Appearance...

BA4.jpg

Second...

BA5.jpg

Last Episode...

06v06.jpg

I want my beast head pizza with extra crust, please.

And that's just from those more comparable angles. I think the biggest overall change that isn't just a shot to shot or style evolution thing is that before the helmet was more just like an armor mask, then it became more like an actual face with expressions like the wrinkling of the nose and such. So, I think it's very different, and hopefully it's intentional and means something (afterall, Guts' old shoulder armor evolved and it wasn't even alive =)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
The whole "Wizard General" thing does seem likely for the title.
The katakana indicates Hindi which seems to correlate to the kanji. I haven't found "paramarashiya" yet, but I managed to find "senaanii" which means "commander of an army". >.>

Well it make sense it's going to be about Daiba, we know he's in the area and he seems in charge of the sea forces. Not to mention if in Ep 243 he can sense the loss of one Harashada then with the loss of other he can't be happy? And does it also mean he's going to know about all the creatures they've lost?

Daiba - But one thing that bothers me....the sense from one of the Harashada's has ended
(Harashada = casters)

puella

Berserk forever
Graywords said:
The whole "Wizard General" thing does seem likely for the title.
The katakana indicates Hindi which seems to correlate to the kanji. I haven't found "paramarashiya" yet, but I managed to find "senaanii" which means "commander of an army". >.>

I just want to add something I know in relation to the title though I can't be sure of anything, these are all rough guesses. One clear thing is that all the words come form Hinduism. :puck:
"Para" is from "paramita" or "phala", I think "phala" is less possible though. "Marishia" is "marica" which is one of the evil clans. We've heard much about the word "asura" which is also an evil clan in Hinduism.
The title "senshyô" (仙将:パラマリシヤ・センアーンイー(paramarishia senânî)) refers to Daiba, a wizard, a supernatural hermit and a caster.
It's quite hard to find a proper title this time but my suggestion would be that "the wizard general" isn't bad.

Top Bottom