Episode 270

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice, Schierke gets a taste of what Guts sees when he's in the armor, and he actually gets wounded pretty seriously by the last remaining Makara. That's the time Daiba chooses to appear, levitating as always (with Puck not missing the opportunity to make fun of him). Schierke sees him as emanating darkness, and he seems surprised by Guts (for destroying all these Pishacha and Makara, and being "berserk" :guts:). Magic showdown in the next episode? We'll see on March 24.

I can't believe something managed to Pierce the armour!! but it should be ok as it seem to be able to grow? perhaps it can self heal too. What a battle the next one will be at any rate! Also if Guts kills Daiba will that send the army into chaos, Griffith will have to start taking Guts into consideration.... if he isn't already(I mean as a factore in events). Strange the way things are going at this rate Guts is going to kill the invasion forces and be stuck as a hero in the city lol that would be a turn off events. But then again he'll probably find a way to sneak off to a ship that just happens to survive the fire, which he can then actually spend some time healling on, if he gets stuck at the city he wouldn't have time to rest. Plus there is a strong chance they'll meet Griffith now the Pope is in his pocket(that is such a strange thing to say being a Catholic) and Guts so beat up that could be bad.

p.s 3:20am need sleep.....

CnC

Ad Oculos
that was pretty damn good. Thanks Aaz.

Even tho Daiba's entrance and his floating in front of the mast was impressive, to me the best part was Guts taking that damage. Jeez, ouch. Really felt it.

wonderland reject said:
I can't believe something managed to Pierce the armour!! but it should be ok as it seem to be able to grow? perhaps it can self heal too.

...huh?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wonderland, you seem to be thinking that Daiba will be another pushover. But, he's an unknown at this point, and furthermore, a magic user. That's a scary combination. We can't predict how far his powers extend (hopefully more than a SHADOW SHIELD), but I'm looking forward to finding out.

The wound that Guts gets... geez. That won't be healing anytime soon. And, while I don't think the armor is "healing" in that panel (it's certainly not a notorious armor for its healing properties...), it's pretty irrelevant as the majority of the damage was obviously internal. It'll be an ugly scene when we see the extent of the damage...

What a wonderfully desolate turn of events! :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Well Guts will have plenty of time to heal during the boat trip.
"Just put some Neosporin down that hole in your chest." :guts:

For now, we can't accurately assess the damage, but I really don't think Guts can just shrug off a wound of this nature. But, I guess we'll see.

Anyway, why is everyone assuming the battle is over (TIME 4 BOAT TRIP)? I'd say the real fight just started. And things aren't exactly going that smoothly at the moment. The Band's one powerhouse now has a critical wound. Besides, this is only one end of Vritannis.
:griff:

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Nice episode! Thanks y'all. ^_^

Now I'm forced to wonder how this battle will take place... Guts VS a very powerful magic user is something we haven't really seen much of, as of yet. And with Schierke away from her corporeal form, I'm not sure how much help she'll be in countering magic. o_o

puella said:
I just want to add something I know in relation to the title though I can't be sure of anything, these are all rough guesses. One clear thing is that all the words come form Hinduism. :puck:
"Para" is from "paramita" or "phala", I think "phala" is less possible though. "Marishia" is "marica" which is one of the evil clans. We've heard much about the word "asura" which is also an evil clan in Hinduism.
The title "senshyô" (仙将:パラマリシヤ・センアーンイー(paramarishia senânî)) refers to Daiba, a wizard, a supernatural hermit and a caster.
It's quite hard to find a proper title this time but my suggestion would be that "the wizard general" isn't bad.

Nice find on the Paramarishiya part, I tried and tried and couldn't make heads or tails of it! Makes sense, though, the whole evil clan thing... any idea what those other Hindi words are? Is that supposed to be "Druga", when it mentions the "Kyoujin" or "God of Madness"? What about the "Ki", is that "Prana" aka "Soul"? :)

CnC said:
The armour seems to be able to increase it's mass and alter itself, like covering overing Guts arm when he goes berserk, the Helmet changing shape and those nasty metal spikes that impale Guts bones into place. So it's pretty safe to say it has the ability to morph at will, but does this apply to damage it takes? I would think yes as the likely answer or it's not going to be much good from now on.
Walter said:
Wonderland, you seem to be thinking that Daiba will be another pushover. But, he's an unknown at this point, and furthermore, a magic user. That's a scary combination. We can't predict how far his powers extend (hopefully more than a SHADOW SHIELD), but I'm looking forward to finding out.
Well do I think Guts will win yes, do I think Daiba is a pushover Hell no!! I'm hoping for one monstrous battle over the next lot of eps. I know I talk of Guts & co as if they have already won but at the moment I can only see it going 2 ways: 1. Guts wins, 2. Guts runs
I went for Guts wins in my last post because 2 isn't look hopefull as I don't think Daiba is the "OK you kill a few of my monster but never mind off you go" type or the taking prisoner sort, so no 3. captured. I don't think Schierke is in any condition to facilitate an escape ever, so that leave only SkullKnight who could let them get away to a ship(You know this is sounding more likely now I've looked again at Guts wound oww). As for Daiba powers, God I hope he's a powerfull one but I'm at a loss to what sort of magic he can do! It's no likely to be anything we've seen before or so I hope.
Walter said:
The wound that Guts gets... geez. That won't be healing anytime soon. And, while I don't think the armor is "healing" in that panel (it's certainly not a notorious armor for its healing properties...), it's pretty irrelevant as the majority of the damage was obviously internal. It'll be an ugly scene when we see the extent of the damage...
lol that armour is definitely not known for it healling abilities hehe. I think a long sea journey with Guts sitting back and taking it easy in a hammock is the only answer to that one, but not much fun for us guys. Do you think will be spending some time watching Midland as they travel over the seas?

puella

Berserk forever
Graywords said:
any idea what those other Hindi words are? Is that supposed to be "Druga", when it mentions the "Kyoujin" or "God of Madness"? What about the "Ki", is that "Prana" aka "Soul"? :)

"Durga (kyôjin)" is a Sanskrit word which means "a thing hard to approach", and it's also the name of a furious and bloody warrior goddess (destroyer of demons). And "prana" is also a Sanskrit word meaning "breath". It's the equivalent of "ki (od)" in Japanese.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Graywords said:
Now I'm forced to wonder how this battle will take place... Guts VS a very powerful magic user is something we haven't really seen much of, as of yet.  And with Schierke away from her corporeal form, I'm not sure how much help she'll be in countering magic. o_o

SchierkeGuts.jpg

The Ultimate Badass :carcus:

Anyway, great episode, really cool the more I look at it. I can't wait to see how the Guts/Schierke dynamic plays out, before I was afraid it was just going to be a copout so Guts could come back to his senses, now I'm hopeful for a magical Beast tank. Seriously, imagine Guts' beast fighting ability coupled with the magical powers of Schierke, it's like Shaq and Kobe put together! The future of Berserk warfare is now. =)

As for the wound, when this is over, Guts is pretty much fucked. From the last time, which was reletively light, he was already sick and having trouble just being out of bed without the armor, now he's got a hole in his chest...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Thanks for the episode Aaz! Like CnC said, I could really feel the Makara'a bite.
Poor Guts! I can't wait for the next episode! You're going down Daiba! :beast:

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
"Griffith No More!" said:

Oh hellz yeah!  :chomp:

Although I wouldn't call Guts' wounds from last time relatively light.  Seems like most of the bones in his body were broken...  :schierke: I'm exaggerating, of course. But he was truly thrashed through and through.

Griffith

Graywords said:
Although I wouldn't call Guts' wounds from last time relatively light. Seems like most of the bones in his body were broken... :schierke: I'm exaggerating, of course. But he was truly thrashed through and through.

Relative in that last time on the beach only the wound from Slan was reopened plus the usual aches and pains, it wasn't like at Flora's where he did get his bones broken and was in a coma for a month after. And things are shaping up a worse already.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Oh, oops.  THAT last time.  I thought you meant the FIRST time last time.  Battle with ... "GURUNBERD".  (Thank you PS2 game...   :???: ) Yeah, I was thinking of the battle at Flora's. Kind of glossed over the other fights.

Considering how much damage his chest has taken (the wound that slan inflicted, the fight with Grunbeld, the armour's reinforcing of broken bones, and on and on), Guts will be lucky to have any bones left (in his torso).
Walter, I love the neosporin comment.

Griffith

He's also got, at least, as big a hole in his back, judging by page 10. Good times ahead! :carcus:

Thanks, Aaz!! You rock :SK:

So, we will have wounded "berserk", Schierke (can't even describe her state), budding apprentice, Serpico and elves against Daiba and perhaps more of his monsters?

It seems Guts will be more than half-dead by the time he gets to the elven king, if ever.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Thanks for the scans, Aaz!

Spectacular stuff. That wound really doesn't bode well for Guts.. but the next episode will be interesting. We've got a bit of a scuffle on our hands and Walter was probably right when he said Daiba would not be a push over :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
What a wonderfully desolate turn of events! :void:

I love it. They really seem screwed here. To be wounded to the extent where you spew blood like a fountain and then try and take on a magic user... things aren't looking good

:troll:

RealHarlekin

Me hungry!
"Griffith No More!" said:
I can't wait to see how the Guts/Schierke dynamic plays out, before I was afraid it was just going to be a copout so Guts could come back to his senses, now I'm hopeful for a magical Beast tank. Seriously, imagine Guts' beast fighting ability coupled with the magical powers of Schierke, it's like Shaq and Kobe put together! The future of Berserk warfare is now. =)
I agree with Griff's idea. Would be cool seeing Schierke focussing her power through the berserker armor (instead of her wand) and calling to the powers of darkness (or whatever the armor inherits) as she is in direct contact with it.
Berserker swordwheel whirlwind!!! :guts:

Thanx for the episode. I didn't see the Makara as being able to puncture a hole through the armor at all! As for the Schierke/Guts combination and the appearance of Daiba...WHOA! I'm sure at first Guts will try and dispense with him in his usual hack and slash manner, but eventually it will be magic user vs magic user. But not even, because Schierke will have to concentrate and or attempt to control Guts in his state...which is most unlikely because of the whirlwind of emotions within Guts. IMO, if Daiba was kept under wraps this long, he won't be dealt with in an episode or 2. I'm sure eventually Schierke will figuring something out...but it'll be hell before and after (wounded Guts, her possibly being stuck inside...which maybe only the elf king can take care of...come to think of it, how the hell could they transport the beast on a ship???...bad idea scratch that.) Someone needs to come to the rescue...I'm voting good ol' Skully at least shows up and does something...anything.       

Better yet..AZAN shows up and shows everyone how to kick Kushan Magician ass!!! jp
Page 12 is hot!!!

Damn I love this series. :judo:

EDIT: Now maybe this is just ignorance....but how long,roughly, do u think it takes Miura do draw each episode? For instance, does he draw a few episodes and then relax and have them be released or is it a draw-release-draw-release type deal? Sorry if this question angers any of the big wigs 'round here. 

Top Bottom