Episode 270

Thanks for the episode Aazealh, I can't believe how fast stuff gets done around here, the episodes and translations.

Oh, and I love how there is a password, while typing it in I feel SO important, like a secret agent man viewing confidential files.  I'm going to download the James Bond theme so that I can listen to it while typing the password. :serpico:

Very good episode....cant ask for better :zodd:

But I am gonna be really pissed off if Griffith comes along after everything is done and takes all the glory that Guts should get:chomp: :troll:

Is it just me or did the initial "beast vision" version of Daiba look like Void? I didn't see anyone else mention it, so it probably is just my imagination, but if it's not, I wonder why that is. Or it's just a coincidence. Whichever.

Also, I was wondering if perhaps the correct translation of Daiba ought to be Daiva (http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Daiva/id/140294).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next few episodes. Hopefully Guts can at least get them out to sea without becoming an invalid.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Triple Life said:
Is it just me or did the initial "beast vision" version of Daiba look like Void? I didn't see anyone else mention it, so it probably is just my imagination, but if it's not, I wonder why that is. Or it's just a coincidence. Whichever.

This also occured to me when I saw him on page 16, not so much that he looked particularly like Void there (a generalized evil angel/demon creature), but how much he could potentially look like Void. Interesting since Void was ceratinly the sorcerer type as well. It might be a good idea to remove the turbin during this fight, lest the Beast become confused. =)

Taking this a step WAY further out there, wouldn't it be rad if Void possesed him during or after the battle!? Yeah, I'm a dreamer, I know. :void:

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Taking this a step WAY further out there, wouldn't it be rad if Void possesed him during or after the battle!? Yeah, I'm a dreamer, I know. :void:

That _would_ be friggin' awesome. talk about making the situation even MORE desperate. An appearance by SK would be pretty much mandatory at that point.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
[quote author=Triple Life]
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next few episodes. Hopefully Guts can at least get them out to sea without becoming an invalid.
[/quote]

If they in fact can't win, it would certainly be fun to see the new little family captured by Daiba.  He'd want to show these powerful strangers off to Ganishka.  Then they get rescued by Griff's party.  Hilarity ensues!

As messed up as Guts and Schierke are, as powerful as Daiba probably is, I vote it's time for Moon Child to show up with his wildcard self again.  Back on Gator Beach, didn't he show up within the Beast's perception?  If he does that again now, Schierke and he could possibly help one another.  (There must be some reason Miura put her in there.)

And with all the negative energy fwooshing around everywhere he could easily be around and go unnoticed by the local magic users.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
An appearance by SK would be pretty much mandatory at that point.

He's probably been watching this whole situation unravel from afar. I bet he's just waiting for something to happen that would warrant his intervention. :badbone:

Lithrael said:
As messed up as Guts and Schierke are, as powerful as Daiba probably is, I vote it's time for Moon Child to show up with his wildcard self again. Back on Gator Beach, didn't he show up within the Beast's perception? If he does that again now, Schierke and he could possibly help one another. (There must be some reason Miura put her in there.)

Actually, the moonchild is a boy. Yup, that is definitely a penis, unless it's like Chyna's clit.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pippin22 said:
Oh, and I love how there is a password, while typing it in I feel SO important, like a secret agent man viewing confidential files.

Hahah well, I'm glad you like it. :beast:

Triple Life said:
Is it just me or did the initial "beast vision" version of Daiba look like Void?

I hadn't thought about it at all, but it's true that the turban can give him that look. I'm pretty sure that's just a coincidence though, nothing to take seriously.

Triple Life said:
Also, I was wondering if perhaps the correct translation of Daiba ought to be Daiva (http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Daiva/id/140294).

Possible, but I don't think that's it. It's a plausible candidate even though the meaning doesn't really correspond, but we already know of a more probable origin (confirming the correct spelling as "Daiba"). If we just go by possible souces, we could also cite the Daiba (O-daiba) artificial island, originally a set of forts that were created in old times in the Tokyo bay to protect the city from maritime attacks, named after the batteries of cannons it featured and that equiped ships back then, or the character Daiba Tadashi from the famous Captain Harlock series, and why not even some ridiculously obscure notion regarding the precession of equinoxes.

Anyway, I believe it could be the abbreviation of the name of a notorious Buddhist character called Daibadatta (提婆達多), also known as "Devadatta". He's described in sacred texts as an incredibly evil man and an enemy of Buddha, and said to have fallen into hell while still alive as a result of his actions. You can refer yourself to this site for more information about him. So yeah, I think it's more likely 提婆 = ダイバ = Daiba. That being said, as usual we can't be sure until Miura confirms it.

Lithrael said:
If they in fact can't win, it would certainly be fun to see the new little family captured by Daiba.

Yeah, I've thought about that possibility actually, and while I don't think it will happen that would certainly be an interesting turn of events. :guts:

Lithrael said:
I vote it's time for Moon Child to show up with his wildcard self again. Back on Gator Beach, didn't he show up within the Beast's perception? If he does that again now, Schierke and he could possibly help one another.

He appeared differently to Guts when he decided to intervene yeah, but I doubt he'll show up again just to play the Deus Ex Machina, out of nowhere and all. I felt like he had stopped by them for a while on the beach but that he had some other business to attend to (and that we wouldn't see him for a while), not that he'd be watching them and would go as far as sneaking in Vritannis in the middle of the assault to lend them help. Also, don't forget that he was labeled a "superior being" (episode 243's title), I don't think he'd need any help from Schierke to dispose of Daiba, Guts, or anybody else for that matter.

Given that he seemed to have some connection to the sea though (well, he was on the beach basically), I guess he could show up and save them, but I think they'll have to get out of trouble all by themselves this time, putting some emphasis on Schierke again. She's the head witch of the group after all, it was about time she faced someone worthy of her skills. :badbone:

Rhombaad said:
He's probably been watching this whole situation unravel from afar. I bet he's just waiting for something to happen that would warrant his intervention.

What I said about the moonlight child counts for SK too, I don't think he'll appear this time. Too much exposure (Ganishka, the Hawks), and I don't think he spends his time watching over the group anyway, more like he rushes to them when he feels he'll be needed and when he's not busy with something else. The fact things are looking bad makes me wish to see the group acting together to overcome adversity, even with Guts being uncontrollable. Serpico's the one specialized in Kushan casters elimination after all; I hope Daiba's got his head screwed on the right way, else he might lose it. :serpico:

Ariyn said:
Actually, the moonchild is a boy. Yup, that is definitely a penis, unless it's like Chyna's clit.

By "put her in there", Lithrael meant "put Schierke inside Guts". Notice that she used "his" and "he" to refer to the child.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Just read the episode! Sugoi yo! Guts awsome in his beasy-form. Hmm, Daiba looks pretty - tainted indeed in his astral form. And it looks like Guts can see his astal form pretty clearly, since he apparently doesn't attack straight away, as he ususally do - but perhaps that's somehow thanks to Schierke?

Anyway, next episode: Magician's battle or something, hmm? ^_-. Wonder how Schierke will fight from inside the armor, through? Just giving Guts advice on what do to avoid whatever magic Daiba might come up with or counter with a few tricks on her own? Might come as a surprise to Daiba then, as he so far seem to think Guts the sole cause of their troubles...

Gotta like Puck's new "form" too - "Guru", indeed! ;D.

Edit: I can't quite understand the worry of everyone concerning Gut's wound that he got from the Makara in this episode - sure, it's not a good thing, but he has been very badly wounded before - just think back to his fight against Roshine/Roshinu, however you spell it - or the battle against Grunbeld...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Dark Wanderer said:
Wonder how Schierke will fight from inside the armor, through? Just giving Guts advice on what do to avoid whatever magic Daiba might come up with or counter with a few tricks on her own?

If she can even communicate with Guts somehow. He's usually not very receptive when going berserk but then again she might be able to do something by being within the armor.

Dark Wanderer said:
Edit: I can't quite understand the worry of everyone concerning Gut's wound that he got from the Makara in this episode - sure, it's not a good thing, but he has been very badly wounded before - just think back to his fight against Roshine/Roshinu, however you spell it - or the battle against Grunbeld...

Guts was not hurt nearly as bad in those battles. Sure he suffered broken bones and internal injuries from Grunbeld and the armor, but he never had a wound this large or serious.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Rhombaad said:
If she can even communicate with Guts somehow.  He's usually not very receptive when going berserk but then again she might be able to do something by being within the armor.

*nods* As far as that matter goes, we'll simply have to wait and see...

Guts was not hurt nearly as bad in those battles.  Sure he suffered broken bones and internal injuries from Grunbeld and the armor, but he never had a wound this large or serious.

Not nearly as badly hurt? Oh, come on! Getting your arm and cheeks pierced, falling from a high height to hard ground, probably getting some legs broken too and losing some litres of blood's not serious? ^_-. And the fight against Grunbeld - breaking half of your ribs - and plenty of other bones too, losing plenty more litres of blood and so on is not to be counted as serious? ^_-

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Not nearly as badly hurt? Oh, come on! Getting your arm and cheeks pierced, falling from a high height to hard ground, probably getting some legs broken too and losing some litres of blood's not serious?

He didn't get any broken leg during that fight, and no, having your arm and cheeks pierced isn't as bad as getting a 10 cm hole in your chest. He was more seriously wounded during his fight at Flora's mansion, but this injury he just got is most certainly the biggest since his fight with Slan.

Judo

Midlands finest
Aazealh said:
Serpico's the one specialized in Kushan casters elimination after all; I hope Daiba's got his head screwed on the right way, else he might lose it. :serpico:

I would love it... though I don't see this happening.
The last time we saw Serpico fighting seriously against a strong/equal opponent(except Guts) was, when he fought the Kelpie.
Since then, we had a few Isidro-battles, Schierke-sorcery and Farnese-family-business.
I think it's about time to put the focus on him once more.

But Daiba is the big cheese here... I can't see anyone except Guts dealing with him.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
He was more seriously wounded during his fight at Flora's mansion, but this injury he just got is most certainly the biggest since his fight with Slan.

True, but I imagine his current condition is about to get a lot worse. :chomp:

Judo said:
I would love it... though I don't see this happening.
The last time we saw Serpico fighting seriously against a strong/equal opponent(except Guts) was, when he fought the Kelpie.
Since then, we had a few Isidro-battles, Schierke-sorcery and Farnese-family-business.
I think it's about time to put the focus on him once more.

But Daiba is the big cheese here... I can't see anyone except Guts dealing with him.

If I were to assign the title "big cheese", it would probably be to Ganishka. But, yea, Daiba's more than likely powerful.

I imagine if Daiba were to call on more daka/makara/etc., Serpico would be in charge of protecting the weaker members of the group while Guts/Shierke take on Daiba.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:

Not even Schierke (in spite of her current state)?

CnC said:
True, but I imagine his current condition is about to get a lot worse.

No doubt about that, I have trouble imagining him getting out of this other than half-comatose anyway.

CnC said:
I imagine if Daiba were to call on more daka/makara/etc., Serpico would be in charge of protecting the weaker members

Well, last time Serpico tried to fight a Makara it didn't really work out... So fighting against several of them is out of the question IMHO (just look at what happened to Guts).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Well, last time Serpico tried to fight a Makara it didn't really work out... So fighting against several of them is out of the question IMHO (just look at what happened to Guts).

True, but what better way to show some growth for Serpico? Granted, he won't be able to take on that many, but I think him taking down 1 would do the trick.

One things for sure tho, Miura has to give him _something_ to do. :serpico:

Judo

Midlands finest
Not even Schierke (in spite of her current state)?

considering her current state, i think anything she can do for now would be something to affect guts from the inside. so i assume it will be our "beast swordsman" who takes out daiba.

but miura has proofed me wrong countless times... so i wouldn't be surprised if it would happen in a totally different way than i expect.

If I were to assign the title "big cheese", it would probably be to Ganishka. But, yea, Daiba's more than likely powerful.

i was talking about only the vulitanis-battle. i don't think ganishka will appear in person and we haven't seen the ominous "land-general" so far... so daiba is the biggest cheese that appeared up to now.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Judo said:
i was talking about only the vulitanis-battle. i don't think ganishka will appear in person and we haven't seen the ominous "land-general" so far... so daiba is the biggest cheese that appeared up to now.

even in regards to the Vritannis battle, Ganishka's more than likely calling the shots. He's already given evidence of his presence back at the ballroom. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to presume he can focus attention to wherever there is fog.

But this is all secondary. As far as the present situation is concerned, like I said earlier, Daiba is probably a powerful person and will the focus of this upcoming battle.

Judo

Midlands finest
CnC said:
even in regards to the Vritannis battle...

pardon me... i get confused over the various translations from time to time. i buy the german panini-issues of berserk and there the spelling is vulitanis.

Ganishka's more than likely calling the shots. He's already given evidence of his presence back at the ballroom. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to presume he can focus attention to wherever there is fog.

i'm well aware of that ganishka is the mastermind behind all this and it's rather clear that he knows about everything that's going on inside the fog. but if he could use his full powers no matter how great the distance is, i wonder why he sent those tiger-familiars to kill the nobles at the ball instead of toasting them with some of his lightning-bolts he used to kill the neohawk-lancers.
i just think that right now ganishka means no direct physical threat to guts & co.

As far as the present situation is concerned, like I said earlier, Daiba is probably a powerful person and will the focus of this upcoming battle.

that's just what i'm trying to say...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
pardon me... i get confused over the various translations from time to time. i buy the german panini-issues of berserk and there the spelling is vulitanis.

Well, although there is no official spelling for the town's name for now, you must know the German edition's spelling of proper nouns isn't reliable. In doubt, I'd rather have us accord ourselves on a single spelling.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Awesome Episode Aaz! :guts: Well thinking about what everyone said... I wonder if this wound will quicken the way Guts is going in wearing the Armor like Skullknight had warned before. I'm thinking that after this fight that Guts will be in a much more critical life or death situation which will result in needing to get to Elfhelm a hell of a lot quicker. Not so much physical damage but what ever magical damage he is going to take, and I am pretty sure HE IS going to take some, unless Schierke can protect him from all forms!

Anyways though, I also think that everyone is going to be forced into the action seeing how the big flag ship has just pulled into port. I wonder if Ganishka can see Guts and Co through the eyes of Daiba right now. Wonder what he is thinking. :beast:

The Lamb

Luncheable!
It seemed to me that when Daiba is first shown here, he looks more like Ganishka, in much the same way as the last breath of all those priests Serpico kills. What do you get if you take a magic user and reinforce his power with that of an Apostles? I guess we'll find out next episode.

It's been SOOOOOOOOO long...I missed this forum :judo:
Anyway this is a great episode and like everyone expected Guts will have to deal with a Ganishka's general(Daiba here) and considering his state I think that he'll have to run away even with Schierke as a support...if Daiba let them flee
Anyway next episode will be great whatever turn of event it turn to(redondant...)and like SaiyanjinNoOuji said they'll have to go to Elfhelm faster for Guts sake wow...
Thanksssss Aaz (it's good to see this forum again sob :judo:)

Top Bottom