A mystery of life answered..

We have all wondered about it at one stage or another; it takes us away from concentrating on homework before a big exam and keeps us up at night when we try to sleep.
Now someone has given us a strong and thought out theory on the topic to give us closure, or at least ease our minds.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2005/4/8schweiger.html

I agree with most of it, but personally, I reckon on a good day I could take 10 or 11. ;D

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Gimme a baseball bat and I'll take on a whole school :guts:. Speaking of which, how many could Guts take down?

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
my guess... around 42,000 at once :troll:

funny read, I got a laugh. I could probably take down around that (10-12), but if I had any type of weapon then, well, the number could go much higher :carcus:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I don't even remember being 12. But in my youth I was a skinny rat. Like, if I could get my head through something, I was in! Though, I was athetletic and the fastest kid on the playground (the benefit of being built like a Kenyan), as well as a "verbal bully" and someone known to use his artistic ability to embarass his enemies, so I was the one doing the picking.

I don't know about this question, though; 12 year olds today are likely to pull out a gun and shoot you, so I think I'd just avoid the whole thing. For the record (and I think I might have told this story), before I even hit double digits, I had a crush on this older girl, and eventually this led to a war of sorts between the little kids, led by moi, and the big kids, led by some newly minted teenager. Anyway, we're standing toe to toe with our respective "gangs" standing behind us and the challenges are issued, "What are you gonna do, little kid?!?" So, I sucker-punched him right in the bread basket and he went down in a moaning heap. Sweet victory!

But oh so brief, this was at church, and his father (who was on crutches) witnessed the whole thing, I still remember his sad, pleading "C'mon, boys, don't fight!" and the immediate rush of remorse and guilt. My mother dragged me away shortly thereafter...

"The winners are these Sunday schoolers... Not Us."

The moral of the story is: don't fuck with little kids, they're ruthless and it only takes one! =)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Since we're remoniscing about our younger years, I'll through one in the bucket too (or at least attempt to, since I can't throw very well).

Up untill I turned 12 I was, to put it bluntly, a pain in the ass. I was one of those wierd kids who would pester other kids and then whine and complain after he got caught. I could usually get away with it though, since I was well behaved in class.

In any case, I kinda mellowed out when I turned 12. I think it's because our school sent us all to this environmentalist camp, and I've been a closet environmentalist ever since.

As for fights, I usually didn't get into them. When I ws younger though I got in a fight with a pretty vicious kid and managed to beat the crap out of him. Being the tallest kid in class helps a lot.

BTW, what high school did you go to, griffith? Must have had a lot of troubled pre-teens. I suppose my school had one or two screw ups, but nobody who'd bring a gun to school.

Top Bottom