AOW - Leaning Griffith [The Shooting Star Night] & Locus bust

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A new product that was announced in Young Animal this week.

AOW-Griffith-Night.jpg

Height of Griffith: 19cm. It will come in two versions: purple and white, and each will be limited to 300 units (making 600 in total). The release is planned between July and August of this year.

Happy, EndLeSS8? :guts:

JIN

Yudanero...
Un, Deux, Trois.  :troll:  Cool. Thanks for the heads up you inside info gettin' administrator you!  :void:
Un, Deux, Trois. 

Aazealh, je t'adore ;)
Mais comment fais-tu pour obtenir des informations si tôt ?!

...oups, sorry ^^
I like this Griffith. The pose is very original and if the face is decent (my only fear is the sculpture of his face... I hope the helmet will be optional), it could be a perfect statue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Aazealh, je t'adore ;)

Hehe, merci. :SK:

Kenji-kun said:
(my only fear is the sculpture of his face... I hope the helmet will be optional)

I don't think they'll include the helmet. Griffith doesn't wear it in the scene it's based on (from volume 23).

Griffith06.jpg

I'm more excited about the bust than anything.

Interested in seeing more pictures of Griff's base. If it is as big as the one in the manga this will probably be pricey.

Also looking forward to seeing Endless shit his pants. :void:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

I want it, but I'm trading my car right now!!!!

AHHH, I hope I have $$ by then!!!

hmmm.... I should, I think.

Aazealh, TOTALLY thanks for the heads up!

edit: hmm, this is pretty crazy. Do you guys think AOW made this because of my suggestion, or because of other people as well?

EndLeSS8 said:
edit: hmm, this is pretty crazy. Do you guys think AOW made this because of my suggestion, or because of other people as well?

I'm going to have to doubt it. All a single suggestion means to a collectibles company is the sale of one unit. It's possible though that they got alot of requests and yours helped.

CnC

Ad Oculos
EndLeSS8 said:

don't listen to maiku. It was all you, man!

Well it looks pretty good in profile, we'll have to see when we get some other angles.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
OoOoOoOoOo!! Looks pretty spiffy -- I'll look forward to seeing some more shots of it, though. Thanks once again for the AOW news, Aaz :badbone:

Mike_Mike

gotta love the post apocalypse parties
alright!
looking forward to that Locus bust. Griffith is just a little too Griffithy in this pose though. i was kinda hoping for a Sonja statue but it seems the sub characters are usually added later as an afterthought. ah well maybe ill get lucky and this version of Griffith wont be wearing lipstick  :serpico:

but no matter from this day forth ive decided to not miss any more of the statues that come out. my collection has way too many holes as it is....stupid guts on horse. ah well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EndLeSS8 said:
hmm, this is pretty crazy. Do you guys think AOW made this because of my suggestion, or because of other people as well?

Like it's been said it would really be hard to tell for sure, but in doubt it won't hurt to think you gave them the idea. :void:

CnC said:
Does it seem kind of odd that the statue has his head pointed upwards? He looks tired.

I noticed too, it differs from his pose in the original scene. He seems to be looking at the stars (considering the statue's name I'd say that's not a coincidence) instead of the spirits that are supposed to be in front of him. It also corresponds to a slightly different panel where he's actually looking at the stars, but with Sonia at his side.

pas mal tout ça :guts:
(un peu de français dans ce forum ça fait plaisir ;))

Aazealh  you are an encyclopedia ^^

you know everything about Berserk

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I must admit that Locus bust looks pretty cool. I hope they'll start doing it (including busts as Limited Edition bonuses) with more and more characters.

otomosan said:

Hehe well, maybe not everything, thanks though. :serpico:

otomosan said:
Aazealh you are an encyclopedia ^^

aazealh=olivier hague= :miura: ?
the only one who know the Truth :SK:
Aazealh you're the man!

pas mal de francophones sur le forum!!!

Sweet :).

It'd be nice if the leaning griffith came with a backdrop (imo it's important to the scene). Could just be a simple cardboard backdrop that you place behind the statue/in a case that's scaled in-line with the size of the statue so you get that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jab said:
aazealh=olivier hague= :miura: ?

Haha no, I'm afraid we're 3 different people. I'm really flattered though, thanks guys.

jab said:
pas mal de francophones sur le forum!!!

Yeah, it's international, Berserk transcends the language barrier... Or something like that. :SK:

Stiler said:
It'd be nice if the leaning griffith came with a backdrop (imo it's important to the scene).

That could be neat yeah but it'd be a first time for them so I have doubts. At least the base seems to be faithfully reproduced, so even with a custom-made night sky backdrop (shouldn't be too hard to make) it could look great.

One thing I noticed is his head.

Shouldn't he have it up off the base/more lv? looks like he's resting it against the base in the statue, but in the pic he's not, he's just holding his head straight up (not against the base or anything).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
Shouldn't he have it up off the base/more lv? looks like he's resting it against the base in the statue, but in the pic he's not, he's just holding his head straight up (not against the base or anything).

Yeah, I commented about it a bit earlier.

Aazealh said:
I noticed too, it differs from his pose in the original scene. He seems to be looking at the stars (considering the statue's name I'd say that's not a coincidence) instead of the spirits that are supposed to be in front of him. It also corresponds to a slightly different panel where he's actually looking at the stars, but with Sonia at his side.

I guess it makes sense given the theme of the diorama (shooting star night), but I like his pose in the scene with the spirits better.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I guess it makes sense given the theme of the diorama (shooting star night), but I like his pose in the scene with the spirits better.

I suppose they rationalized that they couldn't represent the spirits in statue form. But, yea, I would have preferred a statue with his head facing straight.

Out of curiosity...
I'm basing this on the Griffith MF 1 and Griffith Millenium Falcon Horse Riding Figure, so will the purple version be the "Limited Edition" and will include the Locus bust? Or will both include the Locus bust and you have a choice of the different armour colours?

Just for curiousity's sake, I emailed Kaon Chin from AOW regarding whether it was me or not that gave them the idea on this statue.

Unfortunately, I don't think Kaon works at the English section anymore, but either way it wasn't her. The new person, who had no clue who I was, answered in true and typical AOW fashion, stating that "I'm sorry we have no detail right now, but thank you for your interest in AOW" blah blah. That's too bad. I would of liked to know

*strokes ego* lol

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m3rz said:
so will the purple version be the "Limited Edition" and will include the Locus bust? Or will both include the Locus bust and you have a choice of the different armour colours?

There's no indication yet.

Top Bottom