AOW - Leaning Griffith [The Shooting Star Night] & Locus bust

I'm BACK (dunno if anyone noticed or cared, but I've been away for like 2 weeks =P).

Anyhow, this statue looks pretty damn cool. And just for the record, I also emailed this pose as a "suggestion" to AOW way back in the day when you did Endless8. Remember? You asked me to. :serpico:

About the head tilt, I'm fine with it. I think it does look better in the manga, but as a statue, since there will be no spirits flying about him, and the context isn't as clear, the "looking-up" pose works pretty nicely I think.

I just hope the FACE LOOKS GOOD.... PLEASE.

=P

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
I also have no problems with the pose. Sure, it doesn't fit exactly with the manga, but the scene itself is difficult to capture in statue form. As for the face, my expectations aren't too high. I just hope their is a normal version that doesn't cost too much.

Art of War? Good face sculpt? I wouldn't hold your breath DirectDK :serpico:

And no helmet to hide it. :judo: But I am liking the concept of this peice.

Oh well the Locus bust is seriously a step in the right direction. So it'll be worth a purchase. I just hope that by making a Locus bust that dosent mean Locus is now in the "never to be made into a statue" section. I would really like to see one made.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I would have preferred the original pose, the absence of spirits doesn't mean much unless you plan on putting the statue under the stars to be "true" to the pose. This statue just seems out of character to me. We don't have the conversation with mule here so someone looking at it would probably think Griffith was lost in thought or stuck in a daydream. If his head were pointed forward (doesn't have to be totally in line with his shoulders, just down) I think it would look more calculating (true to character).

As for the face, FUF edition is probably likely. They haven't had too much luck with these things in the past. Some would argue no luck.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
DirectDK said:
I'm BACK (dunno if anyone noticed or cared, but I've been away for like 2 weeks =P).

I sure noticed! I always wait for your input on every new release from AOW. I really do value your opinion. :guts:
As for the statue I think its really neat but I wish that AOW would stop focusing on Guts and Grif. They have neglected the newer characters for too long now. Also, I think the pose is alright but have a feeling the face will be icky. I for one liked the face on the Grif M.F 2 statue and hope they keep up the quality. I don't think I'll be ordering this one, though. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not picking up Guts and Slan when I had the chance. :judo:

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
It's now been announced on the English Page on the AOW site.

Griffith -The Shooting Star Night-
Griffith -The Shooting Star Night- will be open by 14 April (Japan time: 11:00 am).

Just keeping eveyone posted.

SMZKAH said:
It's now been announced on the English Page on the AOW site.

Griffith -The Shooting Star Night-
Griffith -The Shooting Star Night- will be open by 14 April (Japan time: 11:00 am).

Just keeping eveyone posted.

Awesome. I can't wait to order this one =).

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Even if this is a Griffith statue, I welcome the change from Guts. Plus, this particular statue seems to show promise. Might have to set aside some money for it :guts:

Yeah I will more than likely pony up for this one. I just hope it isnt too high priced. Wonder when they will announce the Guts Horse Riding.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some more information: The price is set at 25,000円 (~$212), the dimensions are: 19cm (height), 17cm (width), 22cm (depth). There will be 2 LE versions, one with a silver armor (LE I) and the other with a white one (LE II), with 150 units available for each.

Aazealh said:
Some more information: The price is set at 25,000円 (~$212), the dimensions are: 19cm (height), 17cm (width), 22cm (depth). There will be 2 LE versions, one with a silver armor (LE I) and the other with a white one (LE II), with 150 units available for each.

Hmmmm... white sounds sexier, but silver is the more accurate color right, Aaz (or anyone)???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Hmmmm... white sounds sexier, but silver is the more accurate color right, Aaz (or anyone)???

Yup, silver is more accurate (based on all the color illustrations available so far).

:judo: thanks a lot Aazealh !
Silver seems to be my choice but let's see some photographies.
I suppose the normal edition's armor (3000 ex ?) will be painted in purple, won't it ?

Kenji-kun said:
:judo: thanks a lot Aazealh !
Silver seems to be my choice but let's see some photographies.
I suppose the normal edition's armor (3000 ex ?) will be painted in purple, won't it ?

How many normal editions have we had in the last year? 1 and that was Zodd. I doubt we'll see it on this one and 3000 what are you talking about.

Tough choice on which one to get here. Must resist getting both :p.

Tadaaa! Thanks to Masato (http://www.m-world-service.com)

grifflean1.jpg

grifflean2.jpg

grifflean3.jpg

Wow from those angles, the face doesnt look as butchered (MF 2 lol). But then again, there are no straight on shots  :serpico: Thanks for posting derek.

EDIT: That white looks pretty hot. I want silver to flow with my other Griffiths, but the white looks really nice.....

Maiku said:
How many normal editions have we had in the last year? 1 and that was Zodd. I doubt we'll see it on this one and 3000 what are you talking about.

Oh, you're right, I was really tired when I replied. There will probably have only 300 units made.

Am I the only one who finds the white armor... disgusting ? From those pics (thanks directDK, and Masato ;) of course), the white really doesn't seem natural. It makes me think of a resin kit that has not been painted yet.

Griffith's profile is ok... oh man, I hope the face will be decent !

CnC

Ad Oculos
Kenji-kun said:
Am I the only one who finds the white armor... disgusting ? From those pics (thanks directDK, and Masato ;) of course), the white really doesn't seem natural. It makes me think of a resin kit that has not been painted yet.

Griffith's profile is ok... oh man, I hope the face will be decent !

Yea it kinda looks like plastic. As for the face, perhaps theres a reason they're not taking a front on picture. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Oh, you're right, I was really tired when I replied. There will probably have only 300 units made.

According to the YA announcement that I reported in the first post of this thread, 2 versions comprised of 300 units each were planned. Since each of the 2 limited editions will have 150 units, logically there should be a normal edition with 300 statues available. It's either that or they changed their mind and will only release the 2 LEs with less statues produced.

Kenji-kun said:
Am I the only one who finds the white armor... disgusting ? From those pics (thanks directDK, and Masato ;) of course), the white really doesn't seem natural.

I think it's decent, but I prefer the silver version.

CnC said:
Yea it kinda looks like plastic. As for the face, perhaps theres a reason they're not taking a front on picture. :schierke:

The great Griffiths face conspiracy. Got em! :troll:

I think the white looks interesting. I'm surprised the edition sizes are the same now that I think about it. I mean look at something like the Guts Berserker with the croc or the "apostle". The accurate peice had a much higher edition size.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awww man...that statue looks really good and I like the Locus bust that comes with it, too...sniff...I just don't have the money...sniff... :judo:

And yeah, I agree, the white doesn't look that great.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I don't like how olive his skin colour is from those photos... I always imagine him being much paler. Still, the silver armour looks excellent and overall I really like the statue! :griff:

So, what are your pronostics ?
Will this statue become "sold out" in an hour ? The silver version maybe... the white one ? Or will it last on sale during weeks or months ?
I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night if I can command it in the morning, when I wake up :SK:

Top Bottom