A Berserk Music Video That Used Manga Scans

T

TroyBagnell

I don't normally enjoy these types of fan-made videos, but I thought this one was pretty decent. It uses images from the manga rather than the anime, and adds in some visual effects to make it more interesting. I thought you guys would find it worth while.

You can watch it on youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PE22PP4lKw

You can also download the video off this site if you have an account.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=91019

CnC

Ad Oculos
While the video was very well done, I hated the music. I'm wondering why everyone thinks heavy metal has to go with berserk.
Also, I've been a member for about 5 minutes and I hate that site. In order to search for anything with ANY filter besides the title or artist you have to "pledge" some money to them to get access to the "super search". Which, I don't think i have to say, is crap.

I'm kinda glad I gave them a B.S e-mail, I'd hate for them to start spamming me for "pledges"

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
CnC said:
While the video was very well done, I hated the music. I'm wondering why everyone thinks heavy metal has to go with berserk.
Also, I've been a member for about 5 minutes and I hate that site. In order to search for anything with ANY filter besides the title or artist you have to "pledge" some money to them to get access to the "super search". Which, I don't think i have to say, is crap.

I'm kinda glad I gave them a B.S e-mail, I'd hate for them to start spamming me for "pledges"

I too despise that site. You have to pledge this and pledge that.......god, what a joke. If I want to donate anything, I'll darn well do it.

Noooooo!!!! I had plans to do a music video for Berserk using the manga scans! :puck: Ah well, I knew it was too good of an idea to have never been done before. Anyways, seeing this just motivates me more to do my own!

But about the video, the instrumentation was pretty good, but I wasn't a fan of the singer's voice. The lyrics fit, though, so I didn't mind TOO much. One thing that impressed me the most is how he added some effects here and there that gave the environments some motion and 3D perspective. I'm curious to know what program he used to do this.

Thanks for sharing Troy. I'm with ya on animemusicvideos.org. I've always been a fan of this site and it's even linked on my berserkstatues page. And to the others, you don't have to pledge. There are 3 buttons on the bottom, "pledge" "pledge" and "proceed". They change order everytime the page loads. You just need to hit "proceed"...

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Sure, I may not have to pledge, but I don't like having it pushed in front of me on every darn page. If they want donations, believe me, they will get them. However, asking people to pledge every opportunity they get fails to impress me.

BTW, awesome music video. The song lyrics combined with the 3D effects was superb.

Tirade said:
Sure, I may not have to pledge, but I don't like having it pushed in front of me on every darn page. If they want donations, believe me, they will get them. However, asking people to pledge every opportunity they get fails to impress me.

Just think about their bandwith costs though *shivers*. I'd rather be annoyed with pledge pages than the site not be there.

Anyhoo. The video was well done I especailly like the visual affects. Ho hum on the song.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
I hate metal + berserk. While it's dark and gritty I hardly think any type of rock can do it justice. The music in the anime was done so incredibly well it would be hard to top. The best thing I could think to add to berserk, would be a mix of many genres, from hip hop(it can be done, look at samuri champloo) to abit of rock(hurt, Nin, not mudvyne) And lastly, alternitive, alot like the hymns they played during the camp fire scene.

Kart said:
I hate metal + berserk. While it's dark and gritty I hardly think any type of rock can do it justice. The music in the anime was done so incredibly well it would be hard to top. The best thing I could think to add to berserk, would be a mix of many genres, from hip hop(it can be done, look at samuri champloo) to abit of rock(hurt, Nin, not mudvyne) And lastly, alternitive, alot like the hymns they played during the camp fire scene.

Metal can work at times. Not all the time of course. Hip Hop though? I couldn't disagree more. I think the best thing for berserk is deeply emtional and sad music. It's alot about how the editing and such is done of course. There is no right or wrong.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Im simply giving you my tastes. I dont like metal at all, to me it is just guys screaming to music without a melody. Now you may say that hip hop is just dumbasses talking about rims and guns, but that's all opinion. And for themes, I could definitely see something with a strong beat working for ishi and puck.

I dont think gutts could have much better of a theme then what they used in the anime. It has a haunting echo to it, a pain.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Same with hip hop, it took me more than a year to get used to it, then another year before I actually listened to it for my own enjoyment.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kart said:
Same with hip hop, it took me more than a year to get used to it, then another year before I actually listened to it for my own enjoyment.
I think it goes without saying that the best music for Berserk would be instrumental. I really wouldn't want to watch a Berserk music video with a guy screaming about how many times he got shot in the chest and LIVED TO RAP THE TALE.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
I agree (IE alternitive) I didn't mean rock alt, I mean more alternitive in terms of what there is vs what is mainstream.

Wow! Just wow! This was something truly incredible. Having been a fan of the band Dark Tranquillity for over ten years by now, it was great to hear one of their wonderful songs made into such a creative video. I oftentimes have their albums playing on the background when reading Berserk, so the connection was immediate. I don't think any other type or style of music could go so well together with Berserk. Just like the creator of the video says, they are both beautiful, complex, yet often brutal.

I haven't been this impressed by any fanwork for several years.

-Villain

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, we can take all our colorations and edited scans and whatnot and go to Hell I suppose. =)

Very technically impressive and cool.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
Woau. This AMV has some impressive effects. I don't know why, but I feel that in some moments it's only a sequence of images randomly and it's not chronological. But this is one of the best AMV I have ever seen.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Re: Two vids I found

Yeah, the Forces video is a rip from the Solar Ray live DVD. It's a pity it's the one that's gotten around, really, as it's just about the only performance of his that isn't completely cracked out with visuals (most of Solar Ray is Hirasawa + 50 fans getting rained on a lot).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: Two vids I found

handsome rakshas said:
Sorry if this is old, guys and gals. I found these two vids on Google video and I really liked them.

The first is a manga video. Very well done but the music is bleh.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6740267507223980&q=berserk

The second is a really awesome video of Susumu Hirasawa doing Forces live. I LOVE this one.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4562464167048669277&q=berserk

I don't know much about the process, but what the heck was that big wheel he was spinning??

Top Bottom