Falconia? (As in chapter of..)

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
So from late Vol.27 on weve apparently entered a story section titled "Chapter of Falconia".

Now to speculate on what this title means...
Falconia sounds an awful lot like a place, a land, a kingdom...
And a bird themed one at that (the name), a noble bird of prey. Like y'know....a hawk. :carcus:

My concluision and topic of discussion is....with a perfectly exploitable war situation, favor of the Pontiff, and the princess of Midland now under his wing without any incestful fathers to fuss about,
Would it seem Griffith is going to get his kingdom soon, or what?

Discuss.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There's no need to speculate here. Falconia refers to the word "falcon" of course, which is what Griffith is called, and the kanji means "falcon/hawk city" (could be "capital" too).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty obvious what Falconia refers to. But, I've been wondering whether Griffith will reestablish Midland as the center of his kingdom or not. Wyndham is a little filthy at the moment, and has all the negative connotations of the previous regime. Perhaps a new country would be best.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Aright then,heh, well regardless theres still room for discussion.

Just how much power will Griffith get anyway?
Will it be Midland? More?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Just how much power will Griffith get anyway?
As much as he wants :griff:

After the battle in Vritannis, I think the Western forces (overtly ambiguous term for non-Kushan countries) will voluntarily fall in line like a house of cards to support Griffith. If that comes to pass, the question will be, what WON'T he have dominion over?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Would the Vandimions fall in line that easily? Maybe it's just me, but Lord Vandimion seems like too much of a control freak to just bow down to Griffith.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Woland said:
Would the Vandimions fall in line that easily? Maybe it's just me, but Lord Vandimion seems like too much of a control freak to just bow down to Griffith.
Good point. Lord Vandimion doesn't seem like the kind of character to bow easily. However, Lady Vandimion calls him "a slave of the world... To be the head of Vandimion, you have to be a coward like him..." (ep. 253)

That being said, I don't think he'd go against popular opinion if the nobles' decision to side with the Falconian Forces (please excuse my leap of faith in terminology) was unanimous.

Personally, I think he'll try to weasel some sort of deal with Griffith. And we all know what Griffith thinks of people like the Vandimion...
:griff:

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Well, just to go out on a limb, I'll posit a little speculation.

Falconia will be Griffith's capital in a reunited empire. As Causality is more spiral than cycle, Guts will have an opportunity to sacrifice everything and get back at Griff (but not to become a Godhand, that's pretty much been ruled out.) He won't take it, because the easy way has never been his way. Griffith (if any vestige of that personality remains) will see the "junk grow dull" after a short time on the throne. This will hardly be the end of the story but its after 2AM over here, and I'm too tired to come up with anything else.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
Well, just to go out on a limb, I'll posit a little speculation.

Falconia will be Griffith's capital in a reunited empire.
Everyone in the thread has already agreed that's the likely scenario.

As Causality is more spiral than cycle, Guts will have an opportunity to sacrifice everything and get back at Griff (but not to become a Godhand, that's pretty much been ruled out.) He won't take it, because the easy way has never been his way.
What's this ridiculous shit have to do with Falconia? In the future, if it's 2AM and you're "too tired to come up with anything else," you could just, ya know... not post it in public. Keep a journal or something.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Walter said:
Good point. Lord Vandimion doesn't seem like the kind of character to bow easily. However, Lady Vandimion calls him "a slave of the world... To be the head of Vandimion, you have to be a coward like him..." (ep. 253)

That being said, I don't think he'd go against popular opinion if the nobles' decision to side with the Falconian Forces (please excuse my leap of faith in terminology) was unanimous.

Personally, I think he'll try to weasel some sort of deal with Griffith. And we all know what Griffith thinks of people like the Vandimion...
:griff:

A Fossian comeuppance?

Hmm, well it might serve to bring Guts and Griffith back into active conflict if Griffith decides to gain leveage through Lord Vandimion's family. Neither seems to intent on facing the other now. At this time, it's harder to figure out Guts's feelings on their relationship than it is Griffith's, especially since now that he has a family of sorts, Guts actually seems happy instead of being as angry and sad as he was for the years immediately post-Eclipse.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Woland said:
Hmm, well it might serve to bring Guts and Griffith back into active conflict if Griffith decides to gain leveage through Lord Vandimion's family.
Well, I meant that Vandimion would come crawling to Griffith, hoping for a bargain :griff:

At this time, it's harder to figure out Guts's feelings on their relationship than it is Griffith's, especially since now that he has a family of sorts, Guts actually seems happy instead of being as angry and sad as he was for the years immediately post-Eclipse.
I definitely detected some ambivalence in Guts when he was speaking to Owen on the subject. However, based on his reaction to Grunbeld, I think it's safe to say he still has plenty of anger. And then, there's the Beast's opinion of his family... which certainly counts for something. :beast:

Top Bottom