Coincidence? I think not.

Grim_Swordsman

Super Berserker
The apostle/disciple that killed Corkus is a demon who can change into a beautiful woman.
The one who killed Pippin is the Count.

Both were killed by Gattsu in the first Arc. Now Am I the only one who finds this bizzare?

How did Guts know that these are the specific ones who killed his friends? Did he ask the Skullknight?

Or was it due to some sheer luck that he struck gold?

Or is Miura-san just running out of ideas?

Peace ya'all and don't hate me! :p

How did Guts know that these are the specific ones who killed his friends?
Nobody said he did. He's been killing Apostles for _two_ years, after all...
Did he ask the Skullknight?
The Skull Knight knows a lot of stuff, but how would he know _that_?
(OK, he knows quite a lot of stuff for totally unknown reasons anyway ^^; )
Or is Miura-san just running out of ideas?
Running out of ideas?
When they appeared again, it was during the Occultation... along with _hundreds_ of totally different Apostles...
So no, I don't think it was Miura running out of ideas. ^_^;

Grim_Swordsman

Super Berserker
You're missing the whole point...

I am saying that Gatts has extracted....hmm this is difficult...two tenths of his revenge.

Does he know that he avenged these two or not?

Is that more simple now?

You're missing the whole point...

I am saying that Gatts has extracted....hmm this is difficult...two tenths of his revenge.

Does he know that he avenged these two or not?

I don't think he knows or specifically cares which apostles did what.   Griffifth is the focal point of all of his hatred and anger......then the apostles (but this has more to do with their relation to Griffifth + they are always trying to kill him)

So in answer to your question............no.

I agree that Guts isn't keeping tabs on who killed the Hawks. However, it seems Miura highlighted him killing those two apostles more for the reader than anything else. When you see them again at the Eclipse there's a connection with the first three volumes and it transitions well into the Black Swordsman era.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Please be kind, I'm a bit stupid.
HA!

Indeed, give poor Olivier a break, he’s an incurable victim of reason; therefore, it’s a bit tough for him to follow some of the more “abstract” concepts surrounding Berserk, like Elf-Men...
wink.gif
(<-subliminal message =)

Well now, back to the issue at hand, like CrazyCelt, I presume Miura just decided to throw them (The Count and whatsername) back into the series at the Eclipse to connect it all with Kuroi Kenshi, some good writing and continuity, that’s all there is to it.  Remember, the Count probably existed in Miura’s mind long before Pippin, let alone his death at the hands of the Count.

-Griffith

P.S. BTW, while were speaking of things that aren’t coincidences, let’s talk about how much Guts and Grunbeld look alike…

Muwahahahahaha!

Kenoh-Sama

&quot;What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
As far as Guts is concerned a good apostle is a dead one. As for he knows who they are, it doesn't matter. He's going to kill all of them anyway.

puella

Berserk forever
Well now, back to the issue at hand, like CrazyCelt, I presume Miura just decided to throw them (The Count and whatsername) back into the series at the Eclipse to connect it all with Kuroi Kenshi, some good writing and continuity, that’s all there is to it.  Remember, the Count probably existed in Miura’s mind long before Pippin, let alone his death at the hands of the Count.
well, I need more concrete take on that.
you mean Snail count and Snake Baron are the very ones in the eclipse or just similar things connecting the eclipse with kuroi kenshi arc? ??? ??? ???& ::) ::) ::)
Methinks, they just look similar in appearance.
I mean Miura may not have any pre-intention for them.

HA!

Indeed, give poor Olivier a break, he&#8217;s an incurable victim of reason; therefore, it&#8217;s a bit tough for him to follow some of the more &#8220;abstract&#8221; concepts surrounding Berserk, like Elf-Men...
wink.gif
(<-subliminal message =)
Hehe. The wink must be brought back. The laughing one doesn't even make sense as a replacement. If this is a because of that Italian guy, let me just say Hitler used ovens in a horrible way but we still have ovens and use them for good. :)

Kenoh-Sama

&quot;What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
well, I need more concrete take on that.
you mean Snail count and Snake Baron are the very ones in the eclipse or just similar things connecting the eclipse with kuroi kenshi arc?  ??? ??? ???& ::) ::) ::)
Methinks, they just look similar in appearance.
I mean Miura may not have any pre-intention for them.

I'm pretty positive the Count from the beginning chapters is the same one from the festival. The first three volumes began as a current "now" story. When volume 4 came out it became the "flashback" part of the series. Although it is never said that "YES THIS IS THE COUNT" it's pretty much implied. No artist likes to repeat themselves. Miura wouldn't draw two Identical apostles unless it was an intregal part of the story. I'm quite confident to say the the count is the same from the festival. :)

puella

Berserk forever
I'm pretty positive the Count from the beginning chapters is the same one from the festival. The first three volumes began as a current "now" story. When volume 4 came out it became the "flashback" part of the series. Although it is never said that "YES THIS IS THE COUNT" it's pretty much implied. No artist likes to repeat themselves. Miura wouldn't draw two Identical apostles unless it was an intregal part of the story. I'm quite confident to say the the count is the same from the festival.  :)
you could be right.
but let me just say why I think so.
Snail and snake are not only very common animals but good to be taken for the apostle form.
We've met a lot of apostles come from a various types of animal forms.
Wild-wolf or dog Roshinu-butterfly Zodd- bull plus insects, goat and so on.
this is why I assume there may not be any relation among them. ::)

Griffith

flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif

As you can see, I've actually set this thread on fire, BURN! BURN! ;)

-Griffith

P.S. And I found a use for the new emoticon.

Grim_Swordsman

Super Berserker
He....
this message is turning from my topic to a reminisce of the past. Work with me ya all.

Anyway, all in all. I think the opinions posted so far make sense....maybe Guts doesn't know who he killed but Muira-san wanted to mention them later. Well at least, some people were avenged.

Is Grunbel does look like Gatts...he kinda reminds me of another character from a different anime.

Do you guys think more apostles will join Griffith's army yet?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
great!
we must take "wink emoticon" back!!
wink.gif

wink.gif

I've been missing you, lovely wink.welcome back! :D
Geezus christ do you people still want that thing back? After the HORRIBLE memories?!

Grim_Swordsman

Super Berserker
I thought that it's not allowed to speak bad words here....yari yari...

Those who diss other people are just plain weak. You make me laugh.

I'm going to end this because you're not worth my time. :eek:

Griffith

Now CrazyCelt, if deep down in his subconscious, Walter misses Paradiselost, and removing the winky face is something he has to do in order to cope with these feelings, we should all try to respect and understand where he’s coming from, and be more sensitive to his needs, rather than adhering to our selfish desire for the winky face back.

It’s okay Walter, we understand, accept and support you. You just keep the Mr. winky face...

...keep him close to your heart.

-Griffith

*RUNS LIKE HELL*

Top Bottom