Episode 271

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 東方魔術 - Oriental Magic

06v07.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah, saw this just a little while ago, but I figured Aazealh would have it up in no time (and I was right! :guts:). This preview is much more of a tease for me than the last one, probably because of how bad the situation for Guts and his group has gotten. I can't wait to see the rest of the episode!

D

darkbane

Babelfish tells me the title means "east magic"... but would that refer to Schierke or the Kushans? (most likely Kushans, of course, since Shierke's magic is nothing new by now) I thought that Vritannis was on the western coast, but I guess I was mistaken. It would make more sense for the Kushan empire to be in the east anyway (and yes, I realize the Berserk world is probably round, too...)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Babelfish tells me the title means "east magic"... but would that refer to Schierke or the Kushans? (most likely Kushans, of course, since Schierke's magic is nothing new by now)
Not only that, but Daiba's last words from 270 are pondering how his magic will fare against Schierke's. It's pretty obvious "Eastern Magic" is referring to Daiba's yet-unseen abilities.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how his powers differ in nature from Schierke's.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm so stoked :guts:

Looks to be a kickass fight. ...or completely one sided for this episode. Either way is good :guts:

S

Some Guy

I'm really looking forward to this one. I wonder what sort of eastern magic Daiba will use (apparently a large water vortex is one of them)

I wonder how Guts will fare out since (off of the top of my head, at least) he's never had to use his brute force against magic. Things don't look too good, and the suspense of how Guts will retain his humanity was never better!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Wonder if guts will just go apeshit on the ship first, then to Daiba. Or maybe he will do both at the same time. I'm still holding out for Voltron.

I'm NOT totally surprised that the magical element of the Daiba chief is water-or is it wind?- (off course we don't know for sure, but it's my guessing though; it seems rather like guts is being attacked by it than he is being helped by the 'tornado', but who knows, we'll see).

What really isn't that big of a surprise either is the guarantee of the dope visuals this episode is gonna bark all over us.
:void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
I thought that Vritannis was on the western coast, but I guess I was mistaken.

Elfhelm is located in the western sea, so logically Vritannis should be situated in the west too. However since we don't know the geography of the Berserk world at all we can't seriously speculate about its exact location. Basically it's plausible as long as departing people can sail to the west. And of course nothing prevents the Kushans to attack a western port while being from the east themselves.

yota821 said:
Either "East Magic" or "Eastern Magic" is fine.

I went for "Oriental". :void:

Rickert said:
I'm NOT totally surprised that the magical element of the Daiba chief is water-or is it wind?- (off course we don't know for sure, but it's my guessing though; it seems rather like guts is being attacked by it than he is being helped by the 'tornado', but who knows, we'll see).

I think it's obvious Guts is jumping at Daiba in order to kill him but will be intercepted by that magical whirlpool, however I don't see why Daiba's powers should be limited to one element. It's just normal for him to use water in the context.

Agree with Aaz I don't think that there is any special relation between wind/water and Daiba...anyway I expect a lot from this episode the beast is still "hungry" but even with Schierke's help I don't see a "good" issue to this battle(like many others btw)...Guts was in a poor state after his little encounter with Slann but now...
Hope the gang will be more helpfull than "Sugoii Guts is so strong :isidro:" and the previous episode let me hope so (that they will act as a real team)...
Good preview/teaser anyway

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
On the picture you can see,that guts is still able to move fast, jump and fight. So i hope he can
make it. Perhaps, the huge dragonslayer could be a disadvantage against a fast and agile opponent like daiba. But in the end guts will have to hit him only one time :chomp:
I think serpico could be a help, because he can fly.

Judo

Midlands finest
On the picture you can see,that guts is still able to move fast, jump and fight. So i hope he can
make it.

with this injury of his, he'll surely bleed to death if this fight takes too long... especially if he keeps jumping around like a kangaroo.

This fight will certainly stand out amongst the others we've seen in the past. I'm sure we'll see some amazing stuff real soon. Guts/Schierke vs Daiba (first 'magician' Guts has faced), with possible aid from his companions. Though I don't think that will happen..what if they get to close to Guts in his state? He might attack them. :isidro:      GOD, I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

Ha...if Puck and Evarella both use a 'Puck Spark' or in this case an 'Elf Spark' in the midst of the battle...it could possibly throw Daiba off for a moment, allowing Guts the perfect opportunity for his Dragonslayer!!!! Ok...that won't happen.... :puck:

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
I can't wait to see this one either! I'm hoping Shierke can still cast spells given her situation. But chances are Guts is charging in, without giving Shierke time to cast something...

Wonder if the od in the armor could somehow boost her skills too.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
aaaw that sucks! the episode is out tomorrow and i dont work (only have internet at work!) i'll have to wait for the week-end to end to see it! nice preview by the way! i can't wait to see how guts will fare against Daiba! haha
thx aaz

Nice preview Aaz,here comes the book 30's cover pic(appreciate Johndoe's resourse)
30s.png

cool cover as usual,Miura's work always give me an exciting.

Top Bottom