Excellent... (Voltron)

My friend showed me this:

http://www.voltron.com/

I'm not sure what V-day is. Movie, Dvd series of the show (which I will buy instantly)? :isidro:
I was big into Voltron back in the day. I guess we will see.

Penny for your thoughts? :serpico:

- C

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Funny you should mention this C, I had mentioned in the 270 Episode thread that it would be cool if everyone got sucked into Gut's and they operated him like their own personal Voltron, then some young whipper snappers asked, "Who the hell is Voltron?" Well take heed you little bastards! :SK:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Don't think it would be a DVD... But if it is, about bloody time.

then some young whipper snappers asked, "Who the hell is Voltron?

That usually means that you're getting old. :void:

Posted by: SaiyajinNoOuji
then some young whipper snappers asked, "Who the hell is Voltron?" Well take heed you little bastards!

Damn rugrats!!!!! :miura:

Posted by: Nomad
That usually means that you're getting old.

I guess I'm a senior now. :judo:

- C

PS. Only 17 more hours, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :guts:

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
"Who the hell is Voltron?"   Well take heed you little bastards!  :SK:

Actually, it was "Who's Voltron", for your knowledge :p. Well, can't blame the younger generation for their lack of knowledge, can you? ^_-. We learn as we live thorugh...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

the dvd release is in september

i shall have to change the batteries in my pace maker and screw in my hip replacement to last that long :judo:

- :zodd:

Did anyone ever see that CG Voltron tv series? It aired maybe ~10 years ago. It was almost a near perfect replica of the dubbed cartoon series...voice actors/actresses were dead-on.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I feel.. Young. I am completely clueless to this Voltron you all speak of. From what I've gathered from this topic and that website, it was some sort of anime that aired in the early 80's, looks sort of gundam-esque? I noticed there were giant fighting tiger robots..

I am intrigued, I must check further into this! :serpico:

edit: wow, looking farther into this it reminds me of Power Ranges. Which came first? The robots combine just like the power rangers did to form an "ubber awesome super robot" :troll:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
[quote author=Mage]
Did anyone ever see that CG Voltron tv series?  It aired maybe ~10 years ago.[/quote]

Oh god, that thing. Yeah the voice work was fun - Tim Curry was in the cast for crying out loud! - but the animation, bleeeaaaah. And everybody had mo-cap-monkey-arms.

Iso: yeah, Voltron was made mostly out of Golion from 1981 like Power Rangers was made out of Zyuranger or whatever. They're both Sentai, the whole color-team of 5 genre. There's a mess of shows like that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
wow, looking farther into this it reminds me of Power Ranges. Which came first? The robots combine just like the power rangers did to form an "ubber awesome super robot"

You must be young indeed if you think Power Rangers came before something else...

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Well, I am only 16 and lacked the brains to pay attention to such things. Ahh well, still looks very cool :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
Well, I am only 16 and lacked the brains to pay attention to such things.

I can't blame you for not watching any sentai or affiliated series. I didn't myself, but they were around.

Top Bottom