The Met meets Berserk

Went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art the other day and much to my suprise...I found a few things that totally rocked my Berserk radar.
First, this one kinda reminded me of the brand:
untitled4.jpg

This one reminded me of Bazûso
untitled5.jpg

And Farnese popped up unexpectedly:
untitled1.jpg

the table...
untitled2.jpg

This mask kinda reminded me of Mozgus
untitled6.jpg

Kushan helmet...I believe this is Afghan...(I dont remember)
untitled.jpg

This one reminded me of one of the Heo Hawks...seen in the where guts first gets the Armor
untitled3.jpg

I'm going back in a few weeks....theres so much more there that totaly reminds me of Berserk...unfort I only had my cam phone and it ran out of memory.....more to come!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cool pictures. I had a similar reaction when I went to the Louvre last summer. I took a lot of pictures of things that reminded me of Berserk. But, after some reflection, I think it just means we're really obsessed :guts:

However, it's clear that Miura's designs (be it armor or architecture) have representations in the real-world. It definitely shows the amount of work that's involved in broadening the world of Berserk.

I just love museums. I could get myself lost in there for hours and not get bored with any of it. Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You know dude, most of that stuff is a bit random and unrelated. Like that symbol that reminded you of the Brand. It's cool that it sparked your curiosity though, I wish you could see all the stuff we have in museums here in France. =)

D

darkbane

The helmet in the last picture would really be perfect for an apostle though ^_^. And yeah, it just means you're a Berserk freak. Welcome to the club, eh? :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I wish you could see all the stuff we have in museums here in France. =)

No one can. Its impossible I tell you. You guys have a billion museums (a lot not easily found), and thats just in Paris. :troll:

As for the pics, thanks for sharing. I'm not really seeing too much of a berserk relationship other than time period, either. But it is cool to see.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
That last picture reminds me a little of the armor Guts has right now in the manga. I think it's because it's kind of pointy.

Top Bottom