I've had an extraordinarily good day thread

:guts:

This is a thread to contribute your reasons why you are having an extraordinarily good day today and that, of course, you are in fact having an extraordinarily good day.

For me today, I am having a wonderful day because I have been told by my publishers that my sci-fi series' books are available at last. Having tried and failed at being a professional author for so long, its good to know that I was accepted and they're being printed now.

(see Sigs for books)

My day has also continued to be good because I finally got the nerve to ask out the girl I've been quite unhappily watching date someone else for some time (and she recently broke up).

Plus, also, I got accepted into the graduate school of my choice.

What is your happy day about (and it can be sometime in the past rather than today since to be honest---my happy day happened this weekend but I only thought to post it now).

:-)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if I should say it, but I'm actually not having an extraordinarily good day. Congratulations on yours though, I hope you become a major author.

EDIT: That picture of you on amazon.com looks a big cheesy, I think you should use a better one. :void:

D

darkbane

I'm not convinced that this thread isn't really about (grammar nazi police - double negation) your series of books, but congratulations nevertheless. :guts:

I've had an extraordinarily good day because I've found out that I finally passed the cost accounting exam that I've been trying to pass for the last three semesters and that's been holding up my studies. Also, I finally got an installation date for my new kitchen. But, these things happened on monday, so I guess they don't really count.

Well its the height of arrogance to talk about one's books. And just shout "YAY! I'm published."

Also, its even worse I've found to brag about girlfriendliness.

(college acceptance is just a rather "who cares" thing)

But since I felt the need to share I'm certainly willing to hear everyone else's good days out.

Besides, I somehow doubt there's many cyberpunk fans in Berserk's audience :-)

Other things that make me happy are

* Doctor Who's second season April 15th!

* Doctor Who in the USA!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
willowhugger said:
Besides, I somehow doubt there's many cyberpunk fans in Berserk's audience :-)

I don't think you should, it's not like the both are incompatible or anything. I for one like Cyberpunk.

D

darkbane

I'm actually into cyberpunk, too, as well as sci-fi in general. But I want to see at least one customer review before checking out your books, sorry :guts: Nevertheless, getting published is already quite a feat - even if the publisher is small and doesn't have a single author on board that I recognize -_-

It seems that you aren't the only one writing books in the Machines Unbound setting - which leads me to this question: is this your own original setting, or are you borrowing it?

Edit: On a semi-related note, it was a bad week for sci-fi fans worldwide, as Stanislaw Lem died...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
I don't know if I should say it, but I'm actually not having an extraordinarily good day. Congratulations on yours though, I hope you become a major author.

Same here! Another car accident (not my fault this time :guts:) has left my neck feeling rather nasty. Is anyone here a lawyer?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Another car accident (not my fault this time :guts:) has left my neck feeling rather nasty. Is anyone here a lawyer?

Wow, be careful man, we don't want to lose you.

D

darkbane

handsome rakshas said:
Same here! Another car accident (not my fault this time :guts:) has left my neck feeling rather nasty. Is anyone here a lawyer?

What you need is a doctor, not a lawyer. You might be sure that everything is ok, but I'd have it checked out anyway. Why do you need a lawyer? Unless things works really differently over there, what you need is an accident report sent to your insurance company -_-

CnC

Ad Oculos
handsome rakshas said:

Assuming you live anywhere in the US there is bound to be an ambulance chaser that can help you somewhere.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Wow, be careful man, we don't want to lose you.

Thank you for your concern! I'm okay I guess. I just seen the doctor today and he prescribed me some good pain meds and gave me a few days off work. So my plan for the day is to take wacky pills and play Metal Gear Online. I wish I could post a pic of my car, the back end is gone and the insurance company already classified it as totaled. Thank you all for your concern! :guts:

willowhugger said:
For me today, I am having a wonderful day because I have been told by my publishers that my sci-fi series' books are available at last.

Alpha Squad 7: Lady Nocturne: A Tek Jansen Adventure?

A hummer with a tank cannon on it!

I had a rather nasty accident in a vehicle one time (also not my fault) and ended up laid up for weeks.

Parents bought me a laptop and I ended up downloading Beserk manga to pass the time (and well...Ceres *whistles*)

So I suppose there's a Circle of Life message here.

I hope whatever you have is nothing serious but I go with the rest that you should see a Doctor.

P.S. I know its a cheezy picture sadly. I doubt a more recent picture would compell people to buy my book ;-)

I work with a old fat geezer from Suriname and he teaches me a lot about being 'chill'..

So eventually I learn to just shut up and instead listen and to only communicate with only the eyes.
:puck:
(I don't even care if that sentence was incorrectly spelled etc..we got some other lame topic for that, don't we?)

I'm starting my day with some cold pizza followed by an hour of Oblivion, then I have to leave for school. It's also friday. So far my day seems good.

redria said:
I'm starting my day with some cold pizza followed by an hour of Oblivion, then I have to leave for school. It's also friday. So far my day seems good.

Awesome, Oblivion is so good its boner inducing :guts:
I'm getting a laptop that will run it on mediocre or higher settings. :guts:
I gotta go repair a Iroc Camaro today so my day might actually be fun

D

darkbane

Oblivion, eh. Now there's a game that I've been anxiously waiting for. If only it wouldn't cost such a boatload of cash. If you start the day playing Oblivion, your day is already extraordinarily good :D

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
The rest of my day is going to be fun. I'm going to celebrate the rest of Friday by embracing my inner geek. This includes reading butloads of Berserk, actually get a good chance to sit down and play Oblivion (got it at launch, but I've been so busy I haven't gotten a real chance to play it a ways through) and various other geeky goodness :)

Oh yeah, I'm also going to see Peter Jackson's King Kong for the first time (never saw it in theatres). Don't know if that will make my day better, but I heard great things about the movie so most likely it will.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
First thing that I thought of! :void:

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dog, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
Finally got a call from a girl wanna dig out
Hooked it up for later as I hit the do'
Thinking will i live, another twenty-fo'
I gotta go cause I got me a drop top
And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop
Had to stop at a red light
Looking in my mirror not a jacker in sight
And everything is alright
I got a beep from Kim and she can fuck all night
Called up the homies and I'm askin y'all
Which park, are y'all playin basketball?
Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double
Freaking niggaz every way like M.J.
I can't believe, today was a good day

Drove to the pad and hit the showers
Didn't even get no static from the cowards
Cause just yesterday them fools tried to blast me
Saw the police and they rolled right past me
No flexin, didn't even look in a niggaz direction
as I ran the intersection
Went to Short Dog's house, they was watchin YO! MTV Raps
What's the haps on the craps
Shake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em
Roll em in a circle of niggaz and watch me break em
With the seven, seven-eleven, seven-eleven
Seven even back do' little Joe
I picked up the cash flow
Then we played bones, and I'm yellin domino
Plus nobody I know got killed in South Central L.A.
Today was a good day

Left my niggaz house paid
Picked up a girl been tryin to fuck since the twelve grade
It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics
I felt on the big fat fanny
Pulled out the jammy, and killed the punanny
And my dick runs deep, so deep, so deep
put her ass to sleep
Woke her up around one
she didn't hesitate, to call Ice Cube the top gun
Drove her to the pad and I'm coasting
Took another sip of the potion hit the three-wheel motion
I was glad everything had worked out
Dropped her ass off, then I chirped out
Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn't even see a berry flashing those high beams
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the morning got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read Ice Cube's a pimp
Drunk as hell but no throwing up
Half way home and my pager still blowing up
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I'm happy because I've already called out two april fools jokes. I'm surprised nobody's tried one here yet.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
A year after I married my wife (Federally), I received information that my wife wasn't feeling "satisfied" with our quick marriage ceremony.  At the same time I was struggling with my job and wanted to finally own a house.  Seemed impossible at the time.  Fortunately, a few months later a opportunity came across and I slaved to get it.  Unaware of the results I went ahead and bought my 1st home, and re-proposed to my wife with the promise of the wedding of her dreams. 

After months and months of sleepless nights, I kept thinking to myself... "How am I going to pull this off?"  I got myself a second job in order to start saving money for the big day.  Countless weeks went by with only 4-6 hours of sleep weekly.  Coming to a point where I questioned my actions.  Fortunately... That opportunity finally revealed itself.  I got a promotion as a Operations Manager.  Immediately things started to take shape.  Without a solid idea of organizing both wedding and economical structure, I kept my second job. 

Planing a big wedding is no picnic.  Specially when your entire family and friends live in a different country.  As the months kept getting closer and closer, things started to deform.  The none-solid plan turned into a massive pile of Sloppy Joe's as confusion, miss-communication and other related problems came into play.  Finally, I gave it my all.  Causing complementary "2 night stay" at the hospital.  That's right.  Exhaustion. 

My wife steps in, and tells me that I don't have to do this.  But it is my job to make her dreams to reality.  So I went on.  After the big date was only a few months away, things were allready in shape.  I could see a light from here.  Working more and more until this date. 

I'm getting re-married on April 22nd 2006. I just payed the last bill just now.  Received every single reply that I needed, preparations are going smoothly and most important; my wife is getting her wedding.  Family and friends will be all together in a single room and I can't wait for this day.  Ladies and gentlemen... I am having a magnificent day. 

Top Bottom