Should Guts end up a King?

I think it might be an interesting Conan like ending there.

;-)

It would also be bitterly ironic that he ends up with everything Griffith murdered so many for.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hmm. I don't know; on one hand it would be great if Guts got a happy ending. But honestly, I really don't think Berserk will end happy. Thats just my personal speculation, but for some reason I can't see Berserk ending completely happy. Bittersweet, yes, but I don't know..

Plus I don't think Guts would want to become a king. Politics and the like aren't his things :)

King-2E

I'll kick him in the head
I don't know about king, but Im pretty sure his exploits will turn him into some type of notable figure.. devil to some, angel to others- kick ass to all.

Seeing how devastating some of his wounds are and the fearsome opponents he has yet to take on, I too doubt there will be a happy ending.

It would be rather unrealistic if the Elf King just healed all those wounds with a waive of his magic wand, so unless Miura comes up with smth we never even thought about (I am sure he will) Guts will either become weaker (unbearable) or turn into a Skullknight-like creature, IMHO.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
To be fair, I wouldn't expect that he can regain his eye and arm but considering how effective Puck alone has been at healing his wounds; I would like to think that the Elf King will be able to do something to help keep Guts from turning into a complete walking mass of scar tissue.
On the original topic . . . It is a bit of a strecth but I think that Guts has the capability to be a competent ruler, his motivation for doing so is the really important thing. At this rate it seems as though Guts ultimate desire wouldn't be to have his own Kingdom by any stretch but will eventually be just to be safe and around those he Loves, at least once the whole issue of Gods and Demons walking the Earth and actively bringing the World to a state of constant, endless suffering is resolved.

Personally I always liked the thought of Guts setting up a nice little place like the forest mansion with Schierke in the end. With a school of Master Swordsmanship and Magic, for the orphaned/runaway children he seems to always come across or probably the noble children sent to learn from the most skilled legendary Hero.

Hmmmm. King Guts....It doesn't really roll off the tongue well, I pretty much think Guts will end up dead if the series comes to an end or something. Besides I don't think Guts is too Hard to be a King :zodd: Its more Griffith who was Aiming to be King

JZBaltazar said:
It would be rather unrealistic if the Elf King just healed all those wounds with a waive of his magic wand, so unless Miura comes up with smth we never even thought about (I am sure he will) Guts will either become weaker (unbearable) or turn into a Skullknight-like creature, IMHO.

pipiru piru piru pipiru pi!

Sparnage said:
Seriously, is it at all in Guts's character to have any desire or need to become a King? C'mon....

I think he has plenty of qualities to become a good ruler- he's a competent leader in battle, a tactician, has a pretty good sense of justice, etc- of which are pretty good qualities for a ruler.

As for desire to become a king? well of course he doesn't, as far as we've seen. I don't think it would be relevent to the story, not in the near future anyway.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Hmm. I don't know; on one hand it would be great if Guts got a happy ending. But honestly, I really don't think Berserk will end happy.

Conan wasn't happy in the end because his warrior woman died and he has never found another one:-(

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Well, I never said Conan ended happy :badbone: I have actually never seen anything Conan lol. Yet compared to the path Guts is on now (constantly fighting for his life, trying to restore Casca's memory) living out the rest of his days in piece would be a happier ending for him, don't you think?

Ewok said:
I think he has plenty of qualities to become a good ruler- he's a competent leader in battle, a tactician, has a pretty good sense of justice, etc- of which are pretty good qualities for a ruler.

As for desire to become a king? well of course he doesn't, as far as we've seen. I don't think it would be relevent to the story, not in the near future anyway.

As a leader of an army, definitely. In addition to having some kind of charisma, he has been offered leadership roles since he was 15, and understood most of Griffiths tactics when they first fought together. But even Guts will admit he knows nothing outside of fighting.

Top Bottom