Carnivale

So recently I haven't had much to watch. I've seen alot of TV series and watched alot of movies in my time, now it's to the point that something has to be very impressive and/or stands out to me before I can devote the time to it.
Then my brothers vagina recommends a HBO series called Carnivale, which I had never heard of, and lends me the first season.

Anyone else watch this? After seeing two seasons of it I am very impressed with such a unique and entertaining series. A TV drama had not captivated me this much since Six Feet Under, so naturally I was disgusted to find out it was Cancelled by HBO leaving the series at a cliff hanger. There is some closure but not enough IMO.

I loved Carnivale , it really sucked that it got canned :(.

Joined the likes of great shows that simply didn't get to run their course, like Jeremiah, Firefly, Dead like me, etc.

Stiler said:
I loved Carnivale , it really sucked that it got canned :(.

Joined the likes of great shows that simply didn't get to run their course, like Jeremiah, Firefly, Dead like me, etc.

I'll have to look into those series, never heard of any of them before.

King-2E said:
sadly it just didn't pull in the ratings

That's the sad part, it probably didn't have to happen. It didn't do as well as a few other HBO series, but it won awards and had a following behind it. The HBO people felt that it told the story enough and it wasn't necessary (Bastards.)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  Yeah, Carnivale was one of a kind.  Oh well... I guess Desperate Housewives will have to do. Six Feet Under, what an ending.  My personal favorite so far.

dead like me was good :) last i hard another network wanted to pick it up for a 3rd series but i doubt that will happen.

another good one was 'Jack & Bobby' was axed after the 1st series :(
http://www.tv.com/jack-and-bobby/show/21658/summary.html

or 'Wonderfalls' fair enough it wasnt great but it deserved to be run the full way through and not axed after 1 show lol
http://www.tv.com/wonderfalls/show/18158/summary.html?q=wonderfalls

oh and Futurama which imo is far better than the simpsons

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Jack and Bobby was fair. I only saw a few of the episodes, but what I saw it certainly wasn't bad enough to get axed. I know plenty worse shows :) Pretty interesting premise, dealing with a future president and sutff.

Anyways back on topic, I haven't even heard of Carnivale. Sounds interesting enough, and if fellow SK.Net'ers enjoyed it then I'll give it a shot.

Sparnage said:
I'll have to look into those series, never heard of any of them before.

Jeremiah is a Post-apocalyptic series that stars Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner. It was easily one of my favorite shows but it only had two seasons before showtime axed it.

LINK

Dead like me was a great comedy/drama series on showtime about Death and the Reapers. If you like Six feet under you'll probally enjoy it, though it's a lot more of a comedy and such whereas six feet under was more drama and such.

LINK

Firefly is a Retro-Science fiction space show. Basically think of it as an Old western, but set in space. It came on fox for a season but thanks to their excellent planning and air dates they canned it way too early because baseball was always interrupting it/schedules were changing and no one could ever keep it on a steady airtime. The dvds were #1 on amazon when they came out and such aswell.

LINK

They actually made a movie after the show went off the air, which was called Serenity (you might have heard of it).

LINK

Franz

It's a dolphin.
I bought Carnivale after watching one single episode, but was sold on the series before watching that just because of the DVD packaging.

I too am disgusted that it got cancelled.

http://www.savecarnivale.org/ Does their best at doing what they can, however I doubt HBO or any station will attempt to revive. What I'm worried about is whether or not the 2nd season will make it to DVD. I have a feeling it won't. :( I think the series is MUCH better than Deadwood.

They even have a CarniCon in Woodland Hills, CA (10min from me) but is pretty pricey. Clancy Brown (Brother Justin...and voice of Mr. Krabs on spongebob :D )is a very large supporter of the fanbase. That's very kind/generous of him. Love that guy.

Nomad said:
Six Feet Under, what an ending. My personal favorite so far.

Yeah, when the very last episode came I would've thought they could have made the ending as satisfying as they did.... but they found a way.

Franz said:
I bought Carnivale after watching one single episode, but was sold on the series before watching that just because of the DVD packaging.

I too am disgusted that it got cancelled.
http://www.savecarnivale.org/ Does their best at doing what they can, however I doubt HBO or any station will attempt to revive.

Yeah, they almost never work, I can't think of once when they have.

Thanks Stiler and Zooty, will look into.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Well, according to dvdtown.com, Deadwood season 2 is set for release this May. With that, there likely would be Carnivale season 2, but I don't even think they're going to put that on DVD. :( Give me a break, if shows like Arrested Development can get cancelled yet seen through on DVD, why not just release the 2nd season? NOW I gotta try to BT it all which'll take a few weeks if I'm lucky.

Top Bottom