Episode 272

CnC

Ad Oculos
haha. the person who actually hits daiba is.... what a welcome surprise.

Thanks for the episode, aaz.

And Aaz...thank you for the episode....and your Daka is damn near done! (You'll kno what I mean...sorry been busy with work).

Looks like HE WASN'T ALONE ON THE FUCKIN SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL and a lil tag team action goin on....cool.

S

Some Guy

CnC said:
haha. the person who actually hits daiba is.... what a welcome surprise.

Agreed. Cool turn of events.

A rather good episode. It seems Guts is just as suseptible to the beast's temptations as ever. Also it seems that Daiba doesn't mind sinking his own flagship to defeat Guts and his group.

I'm also curious on what exactly Daiba's new spell is. It certainly isn't an elemental, but it seems somewhat "alive". Perhaps its magic similar to the golems at Flora's treehouse? At any rate I'm not sure how Guts will he able to defeat it on a sinking ship, since his attack on it seemed ineffectual. The only way to stop it to me seems to be killing Daiba directly and he seems much harder to reach at the moment (though Guts or Serpico may still manage to do it).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
IMO we can't really say that his relationship with the armor has changed since it's only thank to Schierke if he is like he is now...
The relationship HAS changed: the beast can be tamed (at least, temporarily). I'm counting on the Beast not being too happy about this turn of events. :beast:

Knight o' Skeleton said:
I'm also curious on what exactly Daiba's new spell is. It certainly isn't an elemental, but it seems somewhat "alive".
It'ssssssssssssss a sssssssssssssssnake dude.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
The relationship HAS changed: the beast can be tamed (at least, temporarily).  I'm counting on the Beast not being too happy about this turn of events.  :beast:

It's a unique situation, but barring a revelation in the text, it still looks like the same kind of either/or relationship they've had, only more volatile and unstable. It's still either Guts or it's the Beast at any given moment, not a combination or some kind of "tamed" Beast, more like a squelched one. How is it any tamer than before when Guts was holding the Beast at bay, until he made the CHOICE to unleash it? If anything, it's more out of control, or one could say in control, and Schierke is holding it back "artificially" (as Loki alluded to).

It's like it's the Beast gone into Guts mode instead of the other way around. Full circle, baby! :chomp: :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I just personally don't think Guts could hold up the mast of a ship without the help of the Beast's strength. Hence the term "tamed" Beast, and why it's more than an "either or" situation.

Then again, like i said a few episodes ago, maybe I'm just underestimating Guts' strength.

Griffith

Walter said:
Well, I just personally don't think Guts could hold up the mast of a ship without the help of the Beast's strength.  Hence the term "tamed" Beast, and why it's more than an "either or" situation.

Then again, like i said a few episodes ago, maybe I'm just underestimating Guts' strength.

I'll say, are you saying Guts is using Beast 'Roids to pad his mast swinging stats?

For one thing, this idea of "beast strength" doesn't exactly pass the mustard yet. As far as we know, it's still Guts' strength, or unlimited potential strength through use of the armor, whether he's in the form of the Beast or not. In any case, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't mean he's utilizing the Beast there; I personally don't think he could really wield the Dragon Slayer either, so is it fair to assume it was BEAST STRENGTH all this time? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with assuming Guts is still jacked up from the Beast battle with Daiba. That's a natural feeling about the scene, but it's also very vague and intangible, so I don't think you can quantify it, or the current nature of Guts/The Beast, from it.

You could be completly right, but it's still too wide open to be sure of anything... other than I'm sure Miura will have Schierke explain what's going on in detail after it's already painfully obvious, and not a moment before! =)

So that teaser shot gave me Femto vibes and after a crappy photoshop effort, it looks...dumber than I expected.

Anyways, that snake-thing is made of water apparently...aside from targeting Daiba, I wonder what they can do about it.

Griffith

Mage said:
So that teaser shot gave me Femto vibes and after a crappy photoshop effort, it looks...dumber than I expected.

It doesn't look bad to me, especially the thumbnail, but I think you should have taken it a step further...

Gutsman.jpg

I say we hold a contest to name him. :carcus:

The Wings of Darkness certainly comes to mind, but it's already a Femto-ism... and not dumb enough for Amalgam Comics. Aim low, people; The Bat Swordsman, The Black Batsman, Beasto-The Wings of Batness... really, do your worst. =)

"Griffith No More!" said:
http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/Gutsman.jpg

I say we hold a contest to name him. :carcus:

The Wings of Darkness certainly comes to mind, but it's already a Femto-ism... and not dumb enough for Amalgam Comics. Aim low, people; The Bat Swordsman, The Black Batsman, Beasto-The Wings of Batness... really, do your worst. =)

It has to be Batsu the Bat Swordsman, the resemblance to the Dark Knight is simply outstanding xD

Edit : AmalgaM Comics... xDDD

D

darkbane

I'll stick to the original image and name him the Eggman. Nice work, Mage.

For everyone complaining about the super-hero-ish-ness (is that a word?) of the latest poses, I think we should remember that, in the first place, there are a lot of western influences in this manga (and I mean "western" in a broad sense, as in everything west of Japan and east of Fiji), and, in the second place, Guts really is super-human anyway :guts:. As long as people don't start calling out their moves, talking down each other's skills, or holding a grand Neo-Hawks vs Beastie Boys Tourney (ala Recca), it's all good :serpico:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
"Griffith No More!" said:
I'll say, are you saying Guts is using Beast 'Roids to pad his mast swinging stats?

For one thing, this idea of "beast strength" doesn't exactly pass the mustard yet. As far as we know, it's still Guts' strength, or unlimited potential strength through use of the armor, whether he's in the form of the Beast or not. In any case, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't mean he's utilizing the Beast there; I personally don't think he could really wield the Dragon Slayer either, so is it fair to assume it was BEAST STRENGTH all this time? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with assuming Guts is still jacked up from the Beast battle with Daiba. That's a natural feeling about the scene, but it's also very vague and intangible, so I don't think you can quantify it, or the current nature of Guts/The Beast, from it.

You could be completly right, but it's still too wide open to be sure of anything... other than I'm sure Miura will have Schierke explain what's going on in detail after it's already painfully obvious, and not a moment before! =)
Time for Vaxillus' crappy theory. There was mention I believe when the armor was first found to how it pretty much dulls the limits set by the body on its muscles to prevent the body from injuring itself. My theory is that when the beast takes over, the rational part of the brain is numbed as well, so all strength limits are dulled, but as a side effect so it the rational mind dulled as well.

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
Thanks Aazealh!

Things are really escalating quite rapidly right now, aren't they? Guts almost hit Daiba this time around (a close call that was narrowly avoided by a clever move on Daiba's part). Isidro kicking ass once again is nice to see as well. I really want to know what he says on page 14. It's also interesting to see how well the group all (well, ok, not all of them) work together against such a strong opponent. I really wonder how they will deal with that snake though, and going by the last shot of Guts' eye, I'd say he's wondering about the same thing. I guess they're going to have to try to get to Daiba once more. Next episode; Daiba initiates his real offensive?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Go, Isidro, go!! ;D. He truly caught Daiba by surprise there! And we see some nice team-work here indeed! Events have taken a turn for the worse, at least for those crewmen of Daiba's :p. Now, how will the gang deal with this water snake...? o_O.

Greetings all, I'm Wil. I've been here about two weeks, lurking mostly.

It's good to see Isidoro get a hit in. I think Guts is going to be the one to take Daiba out. But in my oppinion Diaba's kind of lame, I don't really like him as a character...meh personal preference I guess. It's a little upsetting that the boat got tanked, I thought it would be pretty ironic if they used Daiba's boat to get to Elfheim (?Elfhelm? ...whatever). As for the super hero poses, meh Berserk has a lot of western influence so why not superhero's too? Still it was a pretty good episode.

S

Some Guy

cuthulu said:
Greetings all, I'm Wil. I've been here about two weeks, lurking mostly.

Welcome to the boards :serpico:

cuthulu said:
It's a little upsetting that the boat got tanked, I thought it would be pretty ironic if they used Daiba's boat to get to Elfhelm (?Elfhelm? ...whatever).

I believe Roderick already has a ship arranged elsewhere for departure.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
Knight o' Skeleton said:
I believe Roderick already has a ship arranged elsewhere for departure.

Or maybe Gut's & co have to wait a little more. They have destroyed the most part of the kushan army that attacked the city. They will be famous for that if somenone has seen their power. And if that it's the case perhaps they have to spend sometime with the people of the city.

And thank you Aazealh for the episode :guts:.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Noid said:
They have destroyed the most part of the kushan army that attacked the city. They will be famous for that if somenone has seen their power.
I think this is a pretty optimistic assumption. This is just the Kushan fleet. There's still the land army attacking Vritannis head-on.

Judo

Midlands finest
They have destroyed the most part of the kushan army that attacked the city. They will be famous for that if somenone has seen their power. And if that it's the case perhaps they have to spend sometime with the people of the city.

I don't think that the Daka and Makara at the harbor were the main part of the kushan invasion troops.
As far as we know, there's also a land general approaching Vritannis with his troops and by now nearly the whole city should be in turmoil.

Guts & co. have already been seen by some of the holy seas troops... and it didn't look to me as if they wanted to savor their "fame".
In fact, Guts never ever gave a damn about the fuss that was made by others about his battles... and right now his primary goal is to leave the city as fast as he can.
So, even if this scenario can't be totally excluded of the speculation, I think it's very unlikely that the group will still be in Vritannis when the battle is over.

EDIT: damn... walter was faster.

CnC

Ad Oculos
not to mention the city's on fire. Even if a shit load of daka were killed, the city already devastated if not destroyed.

I wonder how they're gonna handle the big snake without shierke whipping up some big spell. It doesn't look like the sort of thing that Guts can fight with the DS, it's too damned big. Plus the DS didn't seem to bother it. I guess they'll be limited to trying to kill Daiba off the top of it.

Top Bottom