Miura Art on YJ $$$

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
That is a truly unique piece of work. However, I doubt the seller is going to get someone to bid at 150,000 yen. If I were the seller, I think I would start the auction at around 10,000 yen and see where it goes from there. He could always have a reserve.

I doubt the seller is going to get someone to bid at 150,000 yen
Well, there's an auction on ebay selling a single Megatokyo-sketch for almost double the price :isidro:... so I don't think it's that unlikely.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Megatokyo-Two-Weeks-1-Miho_W0QQitemZ7405151502QQcategoryZ552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that the entire volume?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chung said:
Is that the entire volume?

No, but it's a complete episode (volume 15, episode 104), plus the "cover" that JIN posted. It's expensive but it's worth the price to me, at least more than some other things that cost as much. I think it'll be bought, I just regret it won't be by me. This isn't the first time there's an auction like this, a similar one (about episode 108) took place 3 years ago, and the seller was asking much more for it (click to see the thread). Also, you guys should know that Miura's specifically asking not to show this on Internet on the first page... Some people have no respect.

PS: This Megatokyo stuff however is ridiculously unworthy of the price it sold for (IMHO). :zodd:

JIN

Yudanero...
Thanks for the link to the older thread Aaz. Having read it Im gonna follow in Mrs. Puella-chan's respectful example and remove the image I had up earlier. It really is a treat to at least catch a glimpse of some of Miura's rough draft work.

That really is to bad that someone would go against his wishes and post it like that. I'd consider purchasing this if not for that.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Kinda forgot about this auction going on. Guess somebody jumped on it via Masato. Still, that is some serious cash to be floating around. I wonder if the winner was from the boards.....

Top Bottom