NBA Best Playoffs Ever

Who's the NBA's Most Valuable Player this season?

• Chauncey Billups

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Steve Nash

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Dwyane Wade

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Onion Sports: Mavericks To Incorporate Machetes Into Hack-A-Shaq Defense

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49358

Machetes-Added.jpg

This image just about sums up the series so far.​

Yeah, that was sure a beatdown. And man, how embarassing for Shaq (most sadly for all, Kobe could be carrying the big fella right now like Wade can't yet, and we all know Kobe can scortch Dallas, I was hoping they'd meet in the West Finals... but I'm rambling, just shows they were both better off together).

Barring some home cooking Heat, we're two wins away from crowning your...

dirkncheeks.jpg

2006 Finals MVP
(on the left =)​

Nice picture of Dirk :troll:

Gutsy comeback by the Heat today, but the Mavs threw it away.

I also thought Wade committed a foul with 2:25 to play. It was a blocking foul on Terry (I think?) as he was bringing the ball up the court. But since it was Wade on 5 fouls the ref let it go...

Griffith

wade.jpg

Here's one for tonight's game MVP!
Hey kids, this is what the new "new MJ" looks like!​

Speaking of fouls, I think I saw Shaq block for Wade like an O-line, just moved his defender out of the way; that's how he got that wide open jumper near the left basline/corner.

No moving screen there! :troll:

"Griffith No More!" said:
most sadly for all, Kobe could be carrying the big fella right now like Wade can't yet

Whoops! :guts:

Even Scottie said he felt like he was watching an MJ game, and he does dominate game like old MJ did, picking his spots (and I've seen him do it over and over, like he just refuses to miss in the 4th). And I don't mind the refs letting them play in the end since Wade picked up a lot of cheap fouls to get put in that position in the first place. Again, it came down to a transcendent performance by Wade and the Mavs shrinking in the 4th quarter, a problem they had in the San Antonio series (and throughout the playoffs) despite their victory (those games actually SHOULDN'T have been so close, and shouldn't have gone to 7).

I'm very happy about the outcome though (and a classic comeback game at that), midway through the 4th I was thinking this was more like a funeral for the Heat than the NBA Finals, now the series has new life in more ways than one.

I'm very happy about the outcome though (and a classic comeback game at that), midway through the 4th I was thinking this was more like a funeral for the Heat than the NBA Finals, now the series has new life in more ways than one.

I thought they were gone as well. They sure as hell looked it.

Now, they look tremendous.

Dallas, 7 points. That's all that needs to be said. They're going to love going over the game film on this one! :troll:

Griffith

That end of third/beginning of the 4th was PAINFUL to watch, though. Neither team deserved to win during that time, and as bad as Miami played in that stretch turning it over, Dallas had to shoot that much worse not to capitalize. I couldn't believe it, I thought Duncan was going to show up and demand they rollback the title or something at that point.

Oh yeah, and LUCKY 7! I was so happy when those last couple of jumpers missed, I love witnessing NBA history. =)

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
I can see it...Game 7
5 seconds to go...Dirk gets the ball...

3- 2- 1 Dirk shoots...

Griffith

AIRBALL!

And the crowd goes wild:

:miura: :puck: :troll: :schierke: :guts: :zodd: :isidro: :chomp: :???: :judo: :griff:

"CHOKE! CHOKE! CHOKE!"​

P.S. It's funny though, I had the exact same thought about D Wade.

THIS IS FUCKING PAINFUL. My team has shoved it's head up it's own ass. The Mavs are playing nowhere even remotely close to the level they played at during the San Antonio series. Maybe the Stackhouse suspension and Avery moving them out of the Miami fun zone will get their heads back on straight.

I didn't even watch the 7 point 4th quarter, I was so sick to my stomach watching Dirk airball 3's that I had to turn it off and go read internet forums to get my mind off it. He needs to gut up and take that shit to the hole like he did in SA.

maximus

AIRBALL!

And the crowd goes wild:

:miura: :puck: :troll: :schierke: :guts: :zodd: :isidro: :chomp: :???: :judo: :griff:

"CHOKE! CHOKE! CHOKE!"​
We could have seen that in game 5 if the ref wouldn't have taken away Dallas last Time out...

P.S. It's funny though, I had the exact same thought about D Wade.
No Ariball but an offensive foul and a jump shot with some hangtime!

Nowitzki just doesn't take enough responsibility like Wade does...
...things will change back in Dallas- no more hoop di doo for GP!!

Game 7 is kinda unpredictable- both teams are capable of winning this series in a final game 7

Griffith

Yeah, these Finals have lived up to the "best playoffs ever" label with some amazing games, plays, and Wade acting like the second coming (at least the refs seem to think so, eh Mavs fans? =). It's just a shame it has to share the spotlight with all these other stupid sports events like the fucking U.S. Open and other shit nobody but sports columnists pretend to care about.

The Super Bowl, no matter how good or bad it is any given year, never has to deal with this.

Anyway, tough foul call to decide the game (didn't look like Dirk even touched him), but Wade sold it better than his phony foul at the end of regulation, and especially taking away that time out. Still, if Howard called it, I'd be more disgusted if they gave it back. I hate the "lets give the call to the team that's down 1" mentality enough already, there was plenty of it to go around last night (might have even worked out for Dallas if they had their time out).

Anyway, time to start rooting for Dallas again so we can have Game 7! :guts:

When did Wade become MJ?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Those calls were a joke, all game! I'm fully behind the Mavs now, kick that exercycle some more, Dirk! :miura:

Kick it, Dirk! Kick it good!

OK, so I didn't pick that.

4 straight.

Congrats to the Heat, but especially Mourning. Very happy he's got a ring.

maximus

Yeah, these Finals have lived up to the "best playoffs ever" label with some amazing games, plays, and Wade acting like the second coming (at least the refs seem to think so, eh Mavs fans? =). It's just a shame it has to share the spotlight with all these other stupid sports events like the fucking U.S. Open and other shit nobody but sports columnists pretend to care about.

The Super Bowl, no matter how good or bad it is any given year, never has to deal with this.

Anyway, tough foul call to decide the game (didn't look like Dirk even touched him), but Wade sold it better than his phony foul at the end of regulation, and especially taking away that time out. Still, if Howard called it, I'd be more disgusted if they gave it back. I hate the "lets give the call to the team that's down 1" mentality enough already, there was plenty of it to go around last night (might have even worked out for Dallas if they had their time out).

Anyway, time to start rooting for Dallas again so we can have Game 7! :guts:
Yeah those Play Offs were really something and the level of basketball was pretty high as the teams mostly stepped up and played soem "Balls out" defense!
The ending of game 5 in the finals was really ridiculous and took away the opportunity for a game seven as we now know! The foul on Wade couldn't be Nowitzki at all but neither Griffin(I think it was him) did really bump him with his lower body...bad call- even worse that it was a call of the final minutes!
I just was looking forward to see game six tonight but as I opened news today Miami was already celebrating...

...I mISSED THE FINAL GAME!!!!!! :miura:

Well I will see the summary later today and dry my tears upon Miamis win! I like GP and Zo having finally their rings so than can now end up their fellowship!

When did Wade become MJ?
Never!
Well concerning the last call you might be right- looked like MJ during regular season
But MJ is still untouchable in all concerns of his career!
Wade is not bad though but far away from MJ's status!

MJ=Griffith Wade=Guts... :badbone:

I see Griff is still a die hard Laker fan to this day.. We shall win 50+ next season! Draft day is just 2 days away! Think we'll trade up?

Griffith

Trench said:
I see Griff is still a die hard Laker fan to this day..  We shall win 50+ next season!

I sure hope so, we could have won 50+ this season if it wasn't for all those late game give aways. That's why I knew we could lose the Phoenix series even up 3-1 with Kobe Bryant (while casual fans around here apparently thought this was still the 2001 squad). That three pointer up by 3 with 6 seconds left was like a microcosm of the entire season. All you had to do was defend the three point line, and they gave up two wide open threes, didn't box out, and didn't rebound. I was not surprised.

And sadly, Kobe would have been unleashed to score in all the other series, giving us a punchers chance (especially against the collapsing Mavericks who can guard Kobe almost as well as they can Dwyane Wade). Oh well.

Trench said:
Draft day is just 2 days away!  Think we'll trade up?

Only if Jim Buss and or genius GM Mitch Upchuck sees a diamond in the rough (yeah, right). And we're pretty fucked on cap space for the next couple of seasons unless we can make something happen with a trade, either a salary dump or a big splash (KG should be begging to play alongside Kobe, perfect compliment to one other, but he seems too attached to the long summers in Minnesota). We're maybe one or two pieces away from seriously contending. Like I said, we'll have a punchers chance as long as Kobe is in his prime (however, that type of approach is no less a waste of said prime).

Top Bottom