Which is the best "recent" videogame?

Which is the best "recent" videogame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Errr, none of the above :griff: .

I haven't played any of them except Berserk, and I don't consider Berserk 'recent' enough. Guild Wars would be my choice.

Devil May Cry 3 special edition is pretty tight, but thats only if your into characters with oversized swords destroying everything in their path. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pfff, Resident Evil 4 was the game of 2005. Also, Berserk came out in 2004 so technically it shouldn't be in that poll. I added God of War and Nintendogs as options. :void:

hi, thanks for having me on your boards.

in regard to the topic: i have no preference for any of those games (besides berserk which as a north-american i am being denied!!!). what about soulcalibur3 though? it is fairly recent and in case you didn't know, you can actually make your own berserk characters (or whatever else you want) using the custom character option. <- i made a badass guts as my very first character, but i'm sure that you would have done the same, too. :guts:

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Aazealh said:
Pfff, Resident Evil 4 was the game of 2005. Also, Berserk came out in 2004 so technically it shouldn't be in that poll. I added God of War and Nintendogs as options. :void:

i know that's why i wrote "recent" instead of recent...  :puck:
oh my god, did i really forget Nintendogs? thanks, Aaz you saved me :troll:

-TS

P.S.  I didn't want to create a 20+ games list. There's plenty of other games that could be added here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
i know that's why i wrote "recent" instead of recent...

Still, that's a foul. :void: I vote for the Berserk DC game! :beast:

trapped_soul said:
And what is Nintendogs doing in my poll?!?

Hey, it has more votes that a lot of other entries. :badbone:

Am I the only one who can't see the votes?

I voted but it doesn't list the numbers voted or anyhing....just shows up blank and has an option for "Remove your vote."

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
If I played Shadow of the Colossus, it'd get my vote. Sadly, I have yet to make the purchase :judo:. As it stands, I'd have to say DMC3. Any comments about the difficulty should be met with the fact that a ton of people were bitching and moaning about how easy the second one was on game boards (among the steaming piles of versus threads).

Soul Calibur 3 deserves a place I think, but most established fighting games have pretty muh reached their peak in gameplay at this point.

I'm tempted to try Black, but I haven't gotten around to it. looks visualy impressive but rather repeditive.

Also, I think the Berserk game really doesn't belong on the list. It's pretty fun if you're a Berserk fan, but it doesn't have much clame to being the best (nor recent, as Aaz said).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
I voted but it doesn't list the numbers voted or anyhing....just shows up blank and has an option for "Remove your vote."

Must be some error, works perfectly fine here. What browser are you using? Maybe you should try a different one.

Vaxillus said:
Also, I think the Berserk game really doesn't belong on the list. It's pretty fun if you're a Berserk fan, but it doesn't have much clame to being the best

Well depends, it ranks higher than Kingdom Hearts 2 on my list. :SK:

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Vaxillus said:
If I played Shadow of the Colossus, it'd get my vote.  Sadly, I have yet to make the purchase  :judo:.
you know it'd get your vote although you didn't even play it?

Also, I think the Berserk game really doesn't belong on the list.  It's pretty fun if you're a Berserk fan, but it doesn't have much clame to being the best (nor recent, as Aaz said).
What the heck are you talking about? how does the game diserve less credit than any of the others mentioned?
and once more: i know it's not recent. it has its place in the poll cause it's a great game and secondly because this is "the" berserk message board. get the hang of it.

[quote author=Aazealh]
Must be some error, works perfectly fine here. What browser are you using? Maybe you should try a different one.
[/quote]

actually it's because i used the option "show result after poll ended". this way it's much more intense.   :zodd:
guess you can see it because you're admin.

-TS

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
actually it's because i used the option "show result after poll ended". this way it's much more intense. :zodd:
guess you can see it because you're admin.

Oh, that must be it then. You should tell people that the poll will end after 10 days though. :SK:

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Aazealh said:
Oh, that must be it then. You should tell people that the poll will end after 10 days though. :SK:
yeah you're right!

ok people, here's the deal: the poll will end in 9 1/2 weeks, er... days. :serpico:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I played Nintendogs obsessivly after one of my friends let me borrow his DS for a while and plan to buy a DS(lite?), Nintendogs and some other good DS games. It really is suprising how far handheld gaming has gone.

But TES 4: Oblivion is the one for me. I just love that game so much! :guts:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
trapped_soul said:
you know it'd get your vote although you didn't even play it?
Yep :guts:. Its prestige precedes it.

trapped_soul said:
What the heck are you talking about? how does the game diserve less credit than any of the others mentioned?
and once more: i know it's not recent. it has its place in the poll cause it's a great game and secondly because this is "the" berserk message board. get the hang of it.
I own Berserk, have played it about halfway through, and have realized there are far better games that belong on the list. The level design is poor, the combat repetitive, and apart from the opening and closing themes, the music is nothing special. It has its merits, it's pretty fun, but it doesn't earn more than an 8/10 in my book. So what if it's a Berserk forum, pretty much everyone who's here is here because they enjoy reading the manga or watching the anime. If you want to relate the thread to Berserk so badly, then put it in the Berserk Miscellaneous.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Vaxillus said:
So what if it's a Berserk forum, pretty much everyone who's here is here because they enjoy reading the manga or watching the anime.  If you want to relate the thread to Berserk so badly, then put it in the Berserk Miscellaneous.

hahaha. yeah aaz can you please move this to Berserk Miscelleaneous so that the "Berserk" entry is finally justified?  :troll: yeah whatever. to each is own.

and as for berserk: the graphics and character animations are great - you get the feel of how it is to swing the dragonslayer, you can feel how massive it is. The cutscenes were powerful and the Boss fights are just plain fun with lots of great ideas. the movement and animation of the beast was well done.
i second you on that critics on the music although signI+II was Hirasawa at his best.
it's also true that the gameplay is quite repetitive but that also goes for SotC and your much loved DMC3, which i don't consider a particularly great game at all.
The original DMC was cool, but it's successors lack lots of the style and atmosphere of the first part.

-TS

P.S. i played MGS3:SnakeEater and decided not to put it on the list.

trapped_soul said:
it's also true that the gameplay is quite repetitive but that also goes for SotC and your much loved DMC3, which i don't consider a particularly great game at all.
The original DMC was cool, but it's successors lack lots of the style and atmosphere of the first part.

-TS

DMC3 is considered the better game than DMC1 in a lot of ways by many of the fans and its probably less repetative than DMC1 with many more different weapons, including one that played entirely different from anything else in the game, many more boss fights, and a lot more to the story and characters.

oblivion :)

ive never really been a fan of 'pretty' games as they usually suck for gameplay but wow its also 1 of the most enjoyable games ive played in years. even if u dont like RPG's if ya computer can run it go obtain a copy of it.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Hummm..i do have a problem with calling any of them (except for Oblivion) "recent", but looking at your little list there i would say Dragon Quest 8 since it's really a wonderful new installment to a great series of games. It's even my fav, along with Part 5 which was quite intriguing for its time with its marriage/offspring system.
Anyway, apart from your list i would like to add Suikoden 5..if you take its US version then it's one of the more recent games and a very good one to boot! But that's just the Suikoden-fan inside of me screaming for great justice..or something^^

Top Bottom