Why did Zodd help Guts against Boscone?

I've just finished watching the anime version of this series and.. WOW! Gimme more! ;D

There was one part in episode 16 that I wasn't clear on.

Why does Zodd throw Gatts his sword when he is fighting Boscogne? Why is Zodd there watching anyways?

Also, is the Berserk Manga still in production, and is it availble in english?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Why does Zodd help Gatts?

[link=http://www.skullknight.net/faq] FAQ [/link]

Lliugusamui

around the corner

there's one thing i'm waiting for : the day when zodd will meet the ultimate strong one and will might die of it ; i think he helps guts cos he hopes that guts ( a great will ) will become that ultimate strong one...
zodd is one of my fav's !

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

http://www.skullknight.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=spec;action=display;num=1018320843;start=20

See if that helps you out ;)

I have my own theory that Gatts was needed as a sacrifice. The Hawks weren't good enough by themselves since Griffith only viewed them as tools.

M

Marcus

Yep. Guts became Griffith's best friend and therefore the most valuable person to him.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."

there's one thing i'm waiting for : the day when zodd will meet the ultimate strong one and will might die of it.

you mean the day zodd and guts will have their last meeting? ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner

you mean the day zodd and guts will have their last meeting?    ;)
well, in a way...
because zodd being kinda thrall to griffith, who is definitively stronger than he is, is intrigued by guts;
it's to be noticed that guts escaped death and thus his fate, which zodd has prophetised him, and he seems stronger and stronger, then zodd enjoys more and more each battle : i find that he sorta plays with him

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...

well, in a way...
, then zodd enjoys more and more each battle : i find that he sorta plays with him
...and that might be a mortal mistake in the ending , i guess....
cauz than guts might come out stronger than playin zodd expects him to be and might die as a result of his foolish underestimation... 8)

Lliugusamui

around the corner

...and that might be a mortal mistake in the ending , i guess....
cauz than guts might come out stronger than playin zodd expects him to be and might die as a result of his foolish underestimation... 8)
Guts has to train a bit more to kill such Zodd-apostle...
but if Zodd underestimate Guts and plays without any consideration, then, he would die without apostling ; still, i hardly imagine Zodd being slain so easily :p

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Before Zodd dies, he has to fight Skully. An all out fightr between them both, with the occasional flash back of Zodd came to be. But I think Mr.Zodd will be around for, quite some time yet ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner

do you think this fight zodd vs skull knight will ever end, at last, i think they will be no winner yet... at last, we would know what about that fight too, hard to say about them :-/

Re:Why does Zodd help Gatts?

Zodd made the mistake of taking Guts too lightly once already (When Guts breaks Zodd's sword and stabs him in the chest).

I think Zodd repects the great warrior that Guts is becoming, and anticipates him becoming even stronger. i think every once in awhile Zodd feels like it is a necessity to see firsthand just how far Guts has come every once and awhile.

Hmmm it might be a reason also but i still think its because of causuality and that he had to help Guts otherwise Griffith would be in trouble...

P.S Isnt it a bit too late late to answer this... It has been dead for more than 2 yrs ::)

Sorry, I went looking through the older posts to try and find something. Every once in awhile I found something that I thought I would reply to.

I didn't look at the dates so I didn't realize that some of the things I replied to have been dead for a year, or in this case, 2 years.

atomsk

It's him! It's the real pirate king!

At that time, Griff needed Guts to win against Boscogne, and for the Hawks to be the heroes of the war.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Zodd and Akuma from the Street Fighter series? Not only do they kind of look alike (Zodd in his human form,) but they also act alike. They are both searching for their demise by the hand of "Ultimate Strong One."
They are both my favorite characters of each of the two series. And personally, I hope they never die, atleast if they do, by the hand off the strongest opponent and right before they break the series off. But then again, I hope that never happens as well.

zodd vs guts!!!11
akuma_kid.jpg

Not funny!!!!11!11

deeno said:
I've just finished watching the anime version of this series and.. WOW!  Gimme more!  ;D

There was one part in episode 16 that I wasn't clear on.

Why does Zodd throw Gatts his sword when he is fighting Boscogne?  Why is Zodd there watching anyways?

Also, is the Berserk Manga still in production, and is it availble in english?
i'll put it nice and smiple. zodd helped guts because, guts was the stongs fight he had fough (i think) and zodd didnt want guts to die, because he wanted to fight guts. (i think) oh, srry for all the mis spells.

...Or, Zodd realized that Guts is important for Griffith's fate, and thus for his downfall and his uprising as a God Hand.

Top Bottom