Why did Zodd help Guts against Boscone?

Re: Why does Zodd help Gatts?

I have a theory on this. I don't know if anyone's suggested something similar before, but here goes. For one thing, we know Guts' mother was dead when she gave birth to him, but we know nothing of his father. I think that Zodd is Guts' father. There are things that point to it a bit. For one thing, it would explain why Guts has the superhuman abilities that he does. It's been stated more than once that Guts is unnaturally strong and fast and tough. For another, they kind of look alike. I mean, Guts certainly looks more human than Zodd, but they have similar haircuts and builds. Finally, Zodd goes out of his way to help Guts in ways that even a demon who respects fighting prowess probably wouldn't. I mean, he was willing to stand up to Griffith and the God Hand for awhile. I suppose I could be wrong, but Zodd and Guts being related would tie a lot of loose ends of the story together.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Jidasfire said:
I think that Zodd is Guts' father.

Wow man, I never thought of it before, really! I think I can safely say it's a ground-breaking theory, and that with all of the information we have to back it up, it's easily the most plausible available atm.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.

Aazealh said:
Wow man, I never thought of it before, really! I think I can safely say it's a ground-breaking theory, and that with all of the information we have to back it up, it's easily the most plausible available atm.

Don't confuse the poor boy. He probaby doesn't even know you're being sarcastic ;)

But Jidasfire, the fact is that no one really knows who Guts' parents were and we probably won't find out.

*kicks old topic out the window*

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Miyu said:

*and burns it*

Now, what would really be interesting is who exactly is GRIFFITH'S parents? Thats a new one, eh? Perhapes Skully = Griffith's father is somwhere down the line?

Miyu said:
Don't confuse the poor boy. He probaby doesn't even know you're being sarcastic ;)

But Jidasfire, the fact is that no one really knows who Guts' parents were and we probably won't find out.

No I think he is onto something..... and Caska must be the mother who was infact sent back to the past to eventually be linched thus making Guts's struggling life possible.... Wait a minute.... could it be that Puck was the Godfather which is the reason why Guts heals so quickly normally anyway? I think so!

*Ahem* Ok I'm done.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Jidasfire said:
Ah, it's good to know that intelligence and maturity reign supreme on messageboards. See you guys the third of never.

Ok then, smartass. Do you want to talk about intelligence? Whos the one who cant figure out how to use a search button?

Posted by: Jidasfire  Posted on: September 28, 2004, 10:03:00 PM 

Ah, it's good to know that intelligence and maturity reign supreme on messageboards. 

who needs that shit? ???

oh, wait a sec  ;)

- c

akikaze said:
...Or, Zodd realized that Guts is important for Griffith's fate, and thus for his downfall and his uprising as a God Hand.
they they say that in the manga because i have never read it :'(

Re: Why does Zodd help Guts?

Is that a question? If so, no, it's not mentioned in the Manga. But one could come to this conclusion by examining what happened back then when Guts and Zodd met the first time.
When Zodd was about to kill both Griffith and Guts he saw Griffith's Behelith, and thus he realized that Guts' fate was bound to Griffith's and so on... His facial expression spoke for itself. I think he said something in that direction too, but I can't remember, and I'm pretty busy right now so I won't search for it.
I haven't seen that episode of the Anime yet, but I think that the scene is pretty much the same as in the Manga.

T

temijun

Why did Zodd help Guts against Bascogne?

Hello all, new to the board here :)  I was reading through alot of the posts and even did a search function a couple times to figure this out and didn't see anything that was related, so please bear with me if i am asking something already covered or just insanely obvious. 

So is Zodd just helping him because he respects Guts for the fight they had earlier, or is Zodd helping him because he doesn't want Guts to miss the festival?  He couldn't help him due to causality as Guts, as far as i understand it, is outside of causality because he didn't die when he was supposed to (several times even).

I have wondered about this for a while, since i first saw the anime.  I didn't read the manga till after i watched all the anime because...well i didn't know about manga and that anime hooked me big-time.  i'm sure you all went through the jaw dropping motion that i did when (to keep it short) the details of the festival are revealed lol

Anyone got a take on this?

Alan

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Why did Zodd help Guts against Bascogne?

Please do a search next time, this question has been answered countless times in the past.

In helping Guts, Zodd was helping Griffith win the battle of Doldrey, and thus securing his future.

T

temijun

Now that is put like that, i feel dumb for asking lol. It just seemed weird for him to help guts out, but if it wasn't time for griffith to use his beherit (sorry anime influence) then it would make sense for Zodd to step in.

But how would he have known to be there though i wonder. Maybe being directed by one of the godhands or just by chance aka -causality-? If so, then somehow guts is still tied into fate or else they wouldn't know his sword would break. Or maybe Zodd is just simply keeping tabs cause he knows a whoop ass battle is about to take place. /ponder Not that it makes any difference now, Guts took Boscogne's blow then shaved him AND his horse a little off the top hahah. You know you got quality when the horse loses it's head too lol!

Thanks for the reply,

Alan

O and one last item, i have seen a hundred posts now it seems where people are asking the poster to do a search cause its been posted a hundred times etc. In this case i did do a search so i could avoid that very same response, and found nothing that spoke to this item. I checked all the possible boards before submitting "zodd helping guts" and "why did zodd help guts" and other combos (changing guts to Guts and zodd to zod, tossed sword etc) and looked through the posts finding nada. Sorry to throw out a repeat post but i couldn't find any related posts at all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

temijun said:
Hello all, new to the board here

Hi, welcome!

temijun said:
I was reading through alot of the posts and even did a search function a couple times to figure this out and didn't see anything that was related

Well, you need to search more next time. :void:

temijun said:
So is Zodd just helping him because he respects Guts for the fight they had earlier, or is Zodd helping him because he doesn't want Guts to miss the festival?

It could be a bit of all really, but Walter's answer is what we all generally regard as being the most likely/important/obvious reason. If Zodd hadn't helped Guts against Boscone, the Occultation ceremony wouldn't have taken place.

temijun said:
He couldn't help him due to causality as Guts, as far as i understand it, is outside of causality because he didn't die when he was supposed to (several times even).

Unfortunately you got it wrong (not your fault, just bad translations), Guts isn't outside of causality or anything like that.

temijun said:
But how would he have known to be there though i wonder. Maybe being directed by one of the godhands or just by chance aka -causality-?

I highly doubt his intervention had anything to do with the God Hand's instructions. Of course, his presence there was a result of causality, but it's also because of his own actions (themselves being within the flow of causality, if you see what I mean). He probably decided to see what Griffith (and why not Guts, too) was up to, how he was fairing, and took upon himself to help Guts at that time. It could have been nothing, but the fact it was so determinant is the beauty of causality.

temijun said:
If so, then somehow guts is still tied into fate or else they wouldn't know his sword would break.

Things don't work like that. Also, I'm repeating myself but please forget this "Guts out of fate" bullshit entirely, it's really just a huge misconception of the whole thing.

temijun said:
In this case i did do a search so i could avoid that very same response, and found nothing that spoke to this item.

Well I merged your thread with an older one just to show you that others exist, and it's not the only one out there. I didn't do anything special to find it either, just searched for "Why did Zodd help Guts".

T

temijun

Thanks for helping me find the other posts, i don't know why i couldn't find it :???:

Top Bottom